Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

With the way the Higuain link has gone cold you'd have to assume Real really jacked up the asking price - can't imagine Arsene or Ivan would baulk at paying a low 20s fee for him and yet be willing to bid in the high 30s for Suarez.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Probably just still confused at why moyes is at old trafford these days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I think you’re right. And I don’t think all is great financially at Real – I know they’re asset and turnover rich but they’ve not gone big this season when you’d assume with Barca buying neymar that they would have shelled out a large fee for a big name, be it Suarez or Bale. MAybe they're keeping their money for next season to take Bale? They might be struggling to finance a deal for Suarez at the 40m or so Liverpool want for him. Us going in for him at that money is a real f**k you to Real. I think its good tactics from arsenal and Real will sell us Higuain at a price we’re happy with in order to take suarez. I still can’t see Suarez in an arsenal shirt. Although like was said earlier if we did get him I too would be both excited and disgusted at the same time.

Real have signed Illarramendi and Isco, in fairness.

Real have signed Illarramendi and Isco, in fairness.

i am a moron!

sorry, that cost them like 60 million.

:D

its still early and i need my coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Atletico can fcuk right off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

They've spent about £50m net so far and will spend big on Bale given the chance this summer. We're not competing with them for any targets, nor could we.

so is Suarez a target for them?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Apparently Napoli are interested in Higauin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Apparently Napoli are interested in Higauin

They have £55 million pounds to work with now following the sale of Cavani to PSG. :(

We've got way more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

But we wont spend it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

55m and you really can have Suarez (and Downing)

newman10 wrote: »
    But we wont spend it
    We'll spend it.

Just hopefully not all on wage rises for Gibbs and Rosicky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

mike65 wrote: »
    55m and you really can have Suarez (and Downing)

You're gonna have to work with us a bit there. Keep Downing and it's a deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

We're going to lose Higuain if we don't pull the finger out and Liverpool are going to dig in their heels over Suarez. If Utd have turned down £10m + Luiz or Mata then Rooney is going nowhere.

At this point we should make final, reasonable bids for Higuain and Suarez and if they're aren't accepted, steal Benteke from Spurs' grasp. The scenarios that are forming right now are not looking good for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

1 Luis Suarez or 3 £20m players... I'm inclined to go for the latter. Considering Santi cost £16.5m (I know we underpaid)... could you imagine the depth that would add to the squad. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I dont want Rooney anywhere near the Arsenal team, nor for that matter Suarez. They would add more problems then they would solve. Higuain though, well yes please!

cson wrote: »
    1 Luis Suarez or 3 £20m players... I'm inclined to go for the latter. Considering Santi cost £16.5m (I know we underpaid)... could you imagine the depth that would add to the squad. :)

Suarez would cost £40m, not £60m. I'd take Suarez for that price, try get a DFM around the £20m mark and then look for a back-up gk and cb.

• Advertisement

If Gervinho leaves are we short a winger too?

jonny666 wrote: »
    If Gervinho leaves are we short a winger too?

if gerv goes it would mean more playtime for ox and possibly some of the younger guys, gnabry and eisfeldt perhaps - with a bit of shuffling about.

Luis Guatavo apparently available for transfer according to Sport BILD. €17m or so apparently. We should bid, but we won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Napoli president has said they have opened up talks about higuan, so that could be hig to napoli and Suarez to Madrid, we aint gonna get Rooney, so who's left?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Napoli president has said they have opened up talks about higuan, so that could be hig to napoli and Suarez to Madrid, we aint gonna get Rooney, so who's left?

Joel Campbell.

Luis Guatavo apparently available for transfer according to Sport BILD. €17m or so apparently. We should bid, but we won't.
    I reckon we might. We do seem to be on the lookout for a midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

£10m + Luiz or Mata

:eek:

Who reported that?

That'd be a mental move by Chelsea.

This is my biggest worry. I said it a week or two ago but we realistically could end up with no one. If we get in a bidding war with pretty much any club and we will lose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Disaster of a transfer window so far. The celebrations at Newcastle look all the more cringey as the weeks go on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Dein would've had the deal sewn up ages ago.

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »

Who reported that?

I find that very hard to believe. Mata and Luiz on their own are prob worth more then Rooney. In that they dont want to leave. Mental decision if true but with the Russian in charge I wouldnt rule anything out

Dein would've had the deal sewn up ages ago.

absolutely no doubt in my mind about that too.

Benteke, who will move to Spurs. We're cheapskate amateurs in the transfer market. We'll end up with whatever striker is currently being linked with Liverpool, Yilmaz or whoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

If Mata is on the market we have to go for him.

How much of an upgrade on Gervinho would he be!

We have to go back in for Higuain now and just pay whatever Real want. If we allow him to go to Napoli then Suarez will obv choose Real over us. So many worst case scenarios coming to pass now and all of the blame falls at Wenger and Gazidis.

If Mata is on the market we have to go for him.

How much of an upgrade on Gervinho would he be!

I'd be more interested in Luiz, as we're short of options in dfm and cb. I love Mata but we had our chance and bought Cazorla - a year later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Game v Vietnam starts at 1pm on ESPN and your favourite recipes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

At this point it is getting worrying that we have only had one official bid and it was under the asking price. Our competitors are making themselves stronger and all we have signed in an injury prone striker on a freebie. At this rate I can see Tottenham finishing above us next season with Paulinho :mad:

There isn't even any good links going around. Even an upgrade on the Gunnersourous* mascot would be news at this rate!!!!

* Nothing against Gunnersouous, hes cool :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

maximoose wrote: »

Who reported that?

I'd hazard a guess at Twitter. Nobody at any club in the world would be thick enough to make that kind of offer, and United would not be thick enough to reject it. Mata is a world class player, no way, Jose (sells him)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

ulinbac wrote: »
    At this rate I can see Tottenham finishing above us next season with Paulinho :mad:

Guess this crap is starting early this year. Usually it takes a game or two before the sky starts falling and we're doomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

whos going to the emirates cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I'd hazard a guess at Twitter. Nobody at any club in the world would be thick enough to make that kind of offer, and United would not be thick enough to reject it. Mata is a world class player, no way, Jose (sells him)!

It appears it was the Daily Mail, enough said really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

We have to go back in for Higuain now and just pay whatever Real want. If we allow him to go to Napoli then Suarez will obv choose Real over us. So many worst case scenarios coming to pass now and all of the blame falls at Wenger and Gazidis.

Stop doing this to yourself.

I know it's hard but just ignore all of it till something comes up on the Arsenal site.

People are do desperate for us to make an expensive signing that we're all assuming that Higuain is the most amazing striker of all time.

He's clearly not so good that Real are selling him

Or that City, Chelsea, Monaco and PSG are all in for him

Or that he got played over benzema

He's not the solution to everything we want him to be.

Arsenal have a valuation for him. They clearly have a higher valuation for Suarez, as do Real. I'm not saying ignore Higuain but let the club do it the normal way as opposed to 'pay them whatever they want now'

A lot of people are do wrapped up in this that they don't want it for football reasons anymore, they just want the transfer to go through.

For instance: are we guaranteed a better opening season with Higuain than Giroud had? Because Giroud this year will now doubt improve but someone's got to go on the bench.

I'd be more interested in Luiz, as we're short of options in dfm and cb. I love Mata but we had our chance and bought Cazorla - a year later.

Mata is insanely good and we could easily slot him into the team. Luiz on the other hand, isn't particularly great at DM, and is far too similar to Koscielny and Vermaelen at CB for me.

Arsenal team v Vietnam: Szczesny, Jenkinson, Sagna, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gnabry, Giroud, Podolski

On ESPN now!

• Advertisement

Arsenal one up. Giroud. Vietnam look well up for it tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

jonny666 wrote: »
    Arsenal team v Vietnam: Szczesny, Jenkinson, Sagna, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gnabry, Giroud, Podolski

On ESPN now!

Sagna getting more time at CB I see. Is he to be 3rd choice cb while verm is out injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

The Running man is there :D

BPX-dWACQAAa5Tf.jpg:large

Whatever happens with the striker situation this summer, I hope giroud doesn't go the way of chamack if he's not getting game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Thought that was gibbs gone for 6 months for a sec

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement