Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

He'll most likely end up with Ancelotti at Madrid leaving only us as the only serious bidders for Suarez.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Would absolutely love Ibra.

Total no goer though. Even if PSG were willing to let him go for buttons, his wages are insane. Reported to be €400,000 a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

jester77 wrote: »
    He'll most likely end up with Ancelotti at Madrid leaving only us as the only serious bidders for Suarez.

Yep there's every chance Ibra might move to Real, but for that to happen Real have to sell Higuan first.

I'd be surprised if even Real went for Ibra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

imtdub wrote: »
    Yep there's every chance Ibra might move to Real, but for that to happen Real have to sell Higuan first.

My inclination is that Real are serious about Suarez, and Ibra is a plan b. Hence they want extra now for Higuain. If Real reluctantly sell Higuain for less than €40m (which no-one should pay), they'll move for Ibra. If they get the full whack for Higuain, they'll re-invest it in Suarez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Would absolutely love Ibra.

Total no goer though. Even if PSG were willing to let him go for buttons, his wages are insane. Reported to be €400,000 a week.

Those wages are to get around Frances 75% tax on high earners though isnt it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

I'd be surprised if even Real went for Ibra.

Pretty sure they can't buy from PSG for the 1st year of Ancelotti at Madrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I would absolutely love to see Ibra in the prem, but cannot see it happening. Especially for Arsenal, his wages are just far too high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Ibra in the premier league would be class.

One of the great centre forwards of the last decade.

Doesn't give a flying fcuk either

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Those wages are to get around Frances 75% tax on high earners though isnt it?
    Don't think so, he's said to be €270,000 a week net.

• Advertisement

HazDanz wrote: »
    Doesn't give a flying fcuk either

His goal with his chest on the last day of the French season summed him up lovely. I'm Ibra, I do what I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I read that PSG pay 55 million euros a year for him which would be 1,060,000 a week. Then 25% of that is around what you say.

Here's a source but you may not be convinced with the newspaper's credibility:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2289310/Wayne-Rooneys-Paris-Saint-Germain-stopped-Zlatan-Ibrahimovics-wage.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Pittance. :pac:

You know if you sign Ibra you win the league thats how it goes with Ibra. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

farna_boy wrote: »
    Would absolutely hate Ibrahimovic. Granted he can be fantastic but 95% of the time he does absolutely nothing and would be totally disruptive. He could very easily turn into to Arshavin Rev 2.0 except on much higher wages and even more frustrating.

Rubbish, stop listening to Dunphy and Giles and actually watch the guy playing, he oozes class and would walk onto any team in the world.

Quazzie wrote: »
    The Puma deal doesn't kick in until next season.

So only £40 million then :P I was being pretty conservative with the other increases though. Ah well, more cash reserves for someone to dive into.

Donald%20Duck%20Gold%20GoldSilver_com.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Ibrahimovic is better than any player currently playing in the premiership.

If Arsenal sign him, and I think there's a slight possibility they could, they would not only be buying one of the best players in the world (3rd best imo) but they would also be buying a winning mentality as Ibrahimovic has a winning desire like no other.

It would be a sensational signing if they got him and for those who say that "he's 31, he's past it", that couldn't be further from the truth as he never has relied on his pace as much as Messi, Ronaldo etc. have. He easily has another 2 years at the very top and the following 2 years he will still be a great player because of his particular attributes.

No one player will guarantee Arsenal the league, but Ibrahimovic is about as close as they'll get.

Plus on the wages, he earns €13m per annum with a €1m bonus for winning the league and a €1m bonus for being top scorer as far as I'm aware. He apparently wants to leave after Ancelotti and Leonardo leaving (apparently he can't go to Madrid) and I'd say PSG will sell for around £25m as his wages cost them just over €30m p.a. due to the upper tax rate in France.

Arsenal could pay roughly £25m to get him and then pay him his full wages of £215,000 per week or they could pay a higher signing on fee with decreased wages to keep other players happy. Either way, they could get him.

If they really want him, they can most definitely afford him and I really hope it happens.

It's reported that the €13/14m he earns is after tax, so he'd be looking for nearly double that if he came to the premiership. That's probably a £20m a year outlay, even before a transfer fee comes into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

If Arsenal sign him, and I think there's a slight possibility they could, they would not only be buying one of the best players in the world (3rd best imo) but they would also be buying a winning mentality as Ibrahimovic has a winning desire like no other.

It would be a sensational signing if they got him and for those who say that "he's 31, he's past it", that couldn't be further from the truth as he never has relied on his pace as much as Messi, Ronaldo etc. have. He easily has another 2 years at the very top and the following 2 years he will still be a great player because of his particular attributes.

No one player will guarantee Arsenal the league, but Ibrahimovic is about as close as they'll get.

Plus on the wages, he earns €13m per annum with a €1m bonus for winning the league and a €1m bonus for being top scorer as far as I'm aware. He apparently wants to leave after Ancelotti and Leonardo leaving (apparently he can't go to Madrid) and I'd say PSG will sell for around £25m as his wages cost them over €40m p.a. due to the upper tax rate in France.

Arsenal could pay roughly £25m to get him and then pay him his full wages of £215,000 per week or they could pay a higher signing on fee with decreased wages to keep other players happy.Either way, they could get him.

If they really want him, they can most definitely afford him and I really hope it happens.

Would love to get him, amazing player. Can't see us affording him though. He would have to take a serious cut before we could afford him. PSG are not exactly a marquee team, so he obviously went there for the money, so can't see him taking a big cut for us when there are teams like Chelsea and Man City who would have no problem paying him the big bucks.

It's reported that the €13/14m he earns is after tax, so he'd be looking for nearly double that if he came to the premiership. That's probably a £20m a year outlay, even before a transfer fee comes into it.

Every players earnings are after tax.

Let's forget about the bonuses for a second.

Ibrahimovic earns €13m after tax at PSG, which costs them roughly €30m to pay him 1 year's wages (The 75% rate idea was overturned so whatever newspaper article that came from must be wrong)

At Milan he earned €12m which meant Milan paid just under €24m per year to pay him.

In England the rate is 45% so yeah you're right, they would have to pay £21m per year to pay him his £11.2m wages. An awful lot for any player but worth it imo.

jester77 wrote: »
    Would love to get him, amazing player. Can't see us affording him though. He would have to take a serious cut before we could afford him. PSG are not exactly a marquee team, so he obviously went there for the money, so can't see him taking a big cut for us when there are teams like Chelsea and Man City who would have no problem paying him the big bucks.

I doubt he'll take a cut although his high wages could be lowered with a large signing on fee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

So Spanish radio says Chelsea have joined the race for higuan, was a matter of time really since we took our time, probably Madrid messing us about.

Funny how we were so certain he would be playing with us now its a distant memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Why is there so much guff about Ibrahimovic when there's absolutely no chance of Arsenal signing him and, as far as I know, there haven't even been any rumours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Why is there so much guff about Ibrahimovic when there's absolutely no chance of Arsenal signing him and, as far as I know, there haven't even been any rumours?

Exactly.

Back to the only slightly more realistic prospect of Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

Im fookin depressed now. I reckon we are loooking at a deadline day benteke and Ashely Williams and to be honest if it was deal or no deal I'd nearly deal.

When I went back a couple of pages there I'm pretty sure I saw and suitably stopped reading somebody say they wouldn't want the great Zlatan. That is absolutely crazy. Because he walks around a bit? The man is a proven winner and totally gifted not to mention a ****ing legend. The things id do to have him are to be perfectly honest things im not proud of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

lol his not better then Bale or RVP. Also, he has already rejected coming to us when we try to give him a trial. he said how he doesnt do rehersals ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Ibra isn't even in the the top 3 strikers in the league, let alone top player of any position. He is extremely overrated, always has been. Arsenal should look elsewhere.

lol his not better then Bale or RVP. Also, he has already rejected coming to us when we try to give him a trial. he said how he doesnt do rehersals ;)

He is better than both Bale and RVP and his stats, performances and track record over the past 7 years prove that. Plus, he rejected a trial 13 years ago, things have changed a bit since then :pac:

He is extremely overrated, always has been.

lol
    Arsenal should look elsewhere.

Pretty sure they aren't even looking and this is just complete mindless speculation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Ibra isn't even in the the top 3 strikers in the league, let alone top player of any position. He is extremely overrated, always has been. Arsenal should look elsewhere.

Baby Jesus wept :rolleyes:

Good to see the Sky Sports Soccer Saturday and Super Sunday brigades are alive and well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Zlatan when motivated is one of the best strikers in the world the comparisons to Berbatov are laughable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Baby Jesus wept :rolleyes:

Good to see the Sky Sports Soccer Saturday and Super Sunday brigades are alive and well.
    I would actually love to see Arsenal get him for some ridiculous price tag (which I'd imagine would happen), and fund his crazy wages close or above 300k, which will also happen, and see him do ****e just to prove you wrong. :pac: This move is all types of bad for Arsenal IMO.

Someone mentioned him coming to United in the Man U thread and I nearly had a heart-attack. I really think he is so overrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I assume the ones who call him over-rated have watched 100s of his games? I certainly have not, but I'm interested in seeing how they back-up their statements.

Ibrahimovic gets goals wherever he goes. Flopping just doesn't really happen with him. If he joined Arsenal, he would score at least 15 and most likely around 25 goals for us. He has shown NO signs in his career that he will just flop and go on a drought.

His player of the year records speak for themselves too, but I assume he didn't deserve any of them. Because his fellow professionals have less worthy of an opinion than the people who barely watch him.

10 league titles in 12/13 seasons is fairly impressive. He was the star of most of those campaigns. But he is over-rated there too?

I would actually love to.... see him do ****e just to prove you wrong.

Even if he DID move (which noone is saying will happen) and even if he DID have a sh*te season (which probably wouldn't happen given he is still one of the best finishers around even at 31) - you still wouldn't be right.

I've seen every game he played for Milan as well as many, many other games with Juve, Inter, Barca and PSG and I can safely say, without bias, that if Chelsea or Arsenal were to buy him, he would instantly become the focal point of their team and would most definitely, in my opinion, be the best player in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Still talking bout him eh?

• Advertisement

Fair point. Odds on Higuain to Chelsea are dropping by the hour but Napoli are still favourites for his signature.

Would've liked to have seen him line out as the main striker for Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Fair point. Odds on Higuain to Chelsea are dropping by the hour but Napoli are still favourites for his signature.

Would've liked to have seen him line out as the main striker for Arsenal.

I reckon Higauin to Chelsea is bollocks to be honest, yeh he want's to go to a club were he feels wanted so he'll join a Mourinho led Chelsea the same manager who didn't favour him at Madrid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Whats all this talk of ibra. Never gonna happen. Move on.

I reckon Higauin to Chelsea is bollocks to be honest, yeh he want's to go to a club were he feels wanted so he'll join a Mourinho led Chelsea the same manager who didn't favour him at Madrid.

Thought the same myself. Plus it doesn't exactly sound like Mourinho wants him at all. If he got the choice himself, I'd imagine he'd choose Arsenal or Napoli ahead of Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

What about Ibrahimovic?

Maybe we should go for him ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Have we any proof that we even made a bid for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Have we any proof that we even made a bid for him?

We've no proof of anything apart from suarez as far as I know.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    We've no proof of anything apart from suarez as far as I know.

That's my point.
    We don't even know if Higuain is a target of Wenger yet we have all this talk.

I suppose the beauty of Ibra is that he could be having an absolute stinker and yet win a game in the dying seconds but guys he is on colossal salary and yet wants to leave that after 1 year because Cavani is coming, i mean ffs what a big spoilt baby!! :mad:

You only need to read the first chapter of his book to establish that this guy is a pompous arrogant spoilt brat. Guardiola copped straight away that keeping him around would be potentially toxic for a dressing room and as bad as Ireland are he done naff all against us.

Whatever people say about Arsenal we have good team spirit at the very least and i wouldnt like to see Ibra come in and wreck it. Different the likes of Bendtner having an ego because his delusion probably gives them all a good chuckle but the danger here is that Ibra has some 'magic' to back up his ego and all of Wenger's time and resources would have to go on stroking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

That's my point.
    We don't even know if Higuain is a target of Wenger yet we have all this talk.

Talk, like so many seasons past, its beginning to look like deja vu all over again. If we don't get some decent players this window after all the hype and the big budget we have, I will be so :mad::mad:

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Talk, like so many seasons past, its beginning to look like deja vu all over again. If we don't get some decent players this window after all the hype and the big budget we have, I will be so :mad::mad:

As a fellow correctly pointed out today, its probably all hot air to get season ticket holders to sign up. I could take it if they had come out like previous seasons and said we are buying no one but peddling this sh*t on us about being able to afford the likes of Rooney's salary, but then buying no one is just infuriating.

So this thread has moved from denial, to anger over the transfer window....

Wonder when we'll get to bargaining then depression then acceptance :P

lol. true. My anger is not as much with buying no one but the spin from Gazidis and even Wenger the last few days. I would hazard a guess though that since Dein left that the new corporate heads havent a clue how to negotiate with players. Great at talking to big companies looking to sponsor but when it comes to actually interacting with chairmen they dont know football in the same way as David Dein.

We seem to have been discussing the impending arrival of players we are not even trying to sign. Madness and wishful thinking but not reality it seems.

We seem to have been discussing the impending arrival of players we are not even trying to sign. Madness and wishful thinking but not reality it seems.

It's like the premiership stickers back in the day - Always hoping that the pack you open will have the Premiership cup or the glittering player stickers.... but all you usually end up with is three Gareth Barrys, a Nani and the West Ham crest.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement