Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

HazDanz wrote: »
    It's like the premiership stickers back in the day - Always hoping that the pack you open will have the Premiership cup or the glittering player stickers.... but all you usually end up with is three Gareth Barrys, a Nani and the West Ham crest.

Fantastic imagery!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Jovetic to City confirmed by Fiorentina. That's another one we can stroke off the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

HazDanz wrote: »
    It's like the premiership stickers back in the day - Always hoping that the pack you open will have the Premiership cup or the glittering player stickers.... but all you usually end up with is three Gareth Barrys, a Nani and the West Ham crest.

At this stage I would take Nani, at least he would entertain us with theatrical injury feigning and diving :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

The mediawatch and updates about Asia are pissing me off no end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I think its time we start accepting giroud will be heading our attack come august, maybe we can sign some quality mids seems strikers are getting snapped up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Jovetic to City confirmed by Fiorentina. That's another one we can stroke off the list.

He's been off the list for nearly months though now hasn't he

The higuain saga has been very strange too. What the fúck are they at, are they taking the píss or do they really believe saurez or Rooney is getable.

We have been fooled once again into believing this summer would be different.

It's never gonna change unless the board or kroenke leaves, they don't seem to have the passion for the club to do well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Are Arsenal really at fault for Madrid jacking up the price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

We have been fooled once again into believing this summer would be different.

It's never gonna change unless the board or kroenke leaves, they don't seem to have the passion for the club to do well.

Six weeks and two days left in the transfer window, bit early to be making conclusions.

• Advertisement

No, they are not. The two Spanish giants are known for being awkward ****ers.

jordainius wrote: »
    Six weeks and two days left in the transfer window, bit early to be making conclusions.

I disagree, everyone is makin big signings giving them time to settle in before the season starts, we will once again get bargain basement players on the 31st of august and wait months for them to settle in.

For once just pay the asking price, for long enough we have got players under their value but it won't last forever, just buy the players and move onto the next instead of mickeying about and missing out on the class players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Didn't they say that we haven't even made a bid?. So for all we know we're not in for him.

Didn't they say that we haven't even made a bid?. So for all we know we're not in for him.

Unless Higuain's father was suffering from a serious bout of dementia we were in for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

That's only really been mentioned the last few days though,

Before he was supposed to have been given permission and spoke with arsenal, nearly done, I doubt a mil or 2 would have been the breakdown of it at that stage then Perez said no bid from arsenal

The whole thing goes quiet and the other day it's announced they're looking for 37mil. Something happened inbetween - if this is true at all - or else the 37mil would've been out weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

i dont care if theres 6 months left. We have money and a wealth of homegrown talent, all the top teams are in transition and we are at nothing but pretending to play with the big boys with no serious business even close to completion and the same soundbytes starting to appear from Wenger and Ivan.

The most annoying thing of all is how quickly we bend over to Barca, United and all the clubs we sell to. I mean we seem to be the easiest to deal with if we are selling and totally incompetent when buying thats what frustrates me.

Im not looking for a player in particular, I would take Higuain first as I think he would be a great success and those other 2 are very ugly for a handsome team like ours, Suarez just to troll Pool fans and think Rooney is more suited with the what would be otherwise drains on society as Terry and Cole.

I just want a bit of steel. We sold our best player last year to the fooking title winners. Get back from making more money in Japan and lets make a real push and stop been the transfer window whipping boys.

Unless Higuain's father was suffering from a serious bout of dementia we were in for him.

His father is also his agent it seems. He might just have been trying to get the market moving. The club is what we deal with and they said no bid was made.

I have a feeling that a lot of people in here may end up looking stupid in a months time. Take a chill pill lads. By all means, if with ten or so days left in August and nothing appears to be happening, then we can start to get pissed off. It's the middle of July, loads of time left.

I don't know about any of the rest of you, but I'm not going to join in this "Here we go again" hyperbole train and risk looking very stupid in 4/5 weeks time if we end up making one or two big signings. This summer is different, the board and the manager know that the fans now expect rather than hope for them to spend money.

I have a feeling that a lot of people in here may end up looking stupid in a months time. Take a chill pill lads. By all means, if with ten or so days left in August and nothing appears to be happening, then we can start to get pissed off. It's the middle of July, loads of time left.

I don't know about any of the rest of you, but I'm not going to join in this "Here we go again" hyperbole train and risk looking very stupid in 4/5 weeks time if we end up making one or two big signings. This summer is different, the board and the manager know that the fans now expect rather than hope for them to spend money.

Hope we're not left scratching our balls then because it will be interesting hearing the new excuses from Wenger and the Board.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Baby Jesus wept :rolleyes:

Good to see the Sky Sports Soccer Saturday and Super Sunday brigades are alive and well.

knock it off. Ibra is not as good as RVP. its all opinions. stats dont mean nothing.

How did Bale win player of the year if best players are rated by stats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Just homepage this site and forget about about all the gossip pages. You will find out here.

http://havearsenalspentanymoneyyet.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Hope we're not left scratching our balls then because it will be interesting hearing the new excuses from Wenger and the Board.

It wont be interesting! We all know what they will say.No value. Lack of quality blah blah blah

I now fully understand why every now and then we see people disappear from the Arsenal thread for a few weeks in response to what they perceive as the thread descending into hyperbolic meltdown. This thread is becoming somewhat embarrassing.

jonny666 wrote: »
    It wont be interesting! We all know what they will say.No value. Lack of quality blah blah blah

Maybe they have said it already.

Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis says the club are ready to "escalate" their spending next season.
    Asked whether Arsenal could afford to spend a £20m transfer fee on a single player, and offer salaries of £200,000 per week, he said: "Of course we could do that. We could do more than that."
    But he warned that boss Arsene Wenger, who Gazidis says will stay "long term", will not necessarily spend such money.
    "It is going to be the players that Arsene believes in," Gazidis said.
    "He is pretty blind to price tags, he looks at what he sees with his eyes and makes judgements based on that, not on reputations and prices."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22802685

I now fully understand why every now and then we see people disappear from the Arsenal thread for a few weeks in response to what they perceive as the thread descending into hyperbolic meltdown. This thread is becoming somewhat embarrassing.

Why? Is it because some posters can see past their noses and don't swallow all the false stories put out? I for one like to deal in facts.
    Get off your high horse.

Why? Is it because some posters can see past their noses and don't swallow all the false stories put out? I for one like to deal in facts.
    Get off your high horse.

For starters, you can shove your high horse up your hole. And you asked why? I'll tell you why, because some people just try to see the worst in everything. Facts? Here's a fact; THERE'S FORTY ****ING FOUR DAYS LEFT IN THE TRANSFER WINDOW.

Don't be lecturing me about dealing with facts when you yourself amongst others are very selective about which facts you choose to deal with and which you choose to ignore.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Speaking of meltdown, cool down eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Get off your high horse.
    For starters, you can shove your high horse up your hole. And you asked why? I'll tell you why, because some people just try to see the worst in everything. Facts? Here's a fact; THERE'S FORTY ****ING FOUR DAYS LEFT IN THE TRANSFER WINDOW.

Don't be lecturing me about dealing with facts when you yourself amongst others are very selective about which facts you choose to deal with and which you choose to ignore.

hear-see-speak-no-evil1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

CRIPPPPPLE FIIIIIGHT.

Wow !! We have a very tetchy little lad here. No need to shout either.

I'd like to see us do our business early so that the new players might have a chance to settle in and so that we the fans could relax. That's a fact.
    Now what's wrong with that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Are we still in for M'Vila?

You should take your own advice and leave the forum for a few weeks, maybe have an ice cream and cool down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

There may be 44 days left but the league starts in 30 and we have an incredibly crucial champions league qualifier a few days after.

ronjo wrote: »
    There may be 44 days left but the league starts in 30 and we have an incredibly crucial champions league qualifier a few days after.

In fairness, we won't have the most difficult of ties for the play-off and we tend to do very well in them.

But you're right; it's crucial!

Wow !! We have a very tetchy little lad here. No need to shout either.

I'd like to see us do our business early so that the new players might have a chance to settle in and so that we the fans could relax. That's a fact.
    Now what's wrong with that?

Hate to break it to you old man but you can't shout on the internet. Text doesn't have sound.

If the fans choose not to relax, that's their problem. It's also a fact that some fans will choose to wait and see how the transfer window pans out before panicking. The fact is we have absolutely no idea what is going on in the background, they could be negotiating a handful of big transfers, they could be doing nothing, the fact is, we have to wait and see what happens.

Some people are acting as though as it is a fact that this summer will be just like any other summer in the last 6/7 years, yet they haven't a fcuking clue. And in the meantime they have reopened the bitchfest re; Wenger and the board that had been put to rest when we scraped 4th place 2 months ago.

We won't know any "facts" until the end of August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Santos has reportedly signed for Flamengo

Hate to break it to you old man but you can't shout on the internet. Text doesn't have sound.

If the fans choose not to relax, that's their problem. It's also a fact that some fans will choose to wait and see how the transfer window pans out before panicking. The fact is we have absolutely no idea what is going on in the background, they could be negotiating a handful of big transfers, they could be doing nothing, the fact is, we have to wait and see what happens.

Some people are acting as though as it is a fact that this summer will be just like any other summer in the last 6/7 years, yet they haven't a fcuking clue. And in the meantime they have reopened the bitchfest re; Wenger and the board that had been put to rest when we scraped 4th place 2 months ago.

We won't know any "facts" until the end of August.

I actually agree BUT it is a discussion forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    There are posters on here talking about players that we haven't even bid for seemingly and that's just silly. Meanwhile all our rivals are strengthening. Fact.

It would be great if we got him off the wage bill too.

Haven't heard that twice a year for the last while like.

• Advertisement

You should take your own advice and leave the forum for a few weeks, maybe have an ice cream and cool down a bit.

You should learn to read, I never advised anyone to "leave the forum for a few weeks", if I need an ice cream then you should probably take yourself some prozac, you've been nothing but negative and drowning in despair all day long.

I actually agree BUT it is a discussion forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    There are posters on here talking about players that we haven't even bid for seemingly and that's just silly.

Is it just silly? They are very much so entitled to their opinions though. And clearly you don't like it but does that make it silly?

I for one love to talk about potential signings, even if there is no hope. I was sitting on a bench with my friend for an hour today and I must have gone through half of Real Madrid playing for Arsenal. Jesus Christ, I don't see why that has to get on people's tits.

I like the thought of Suarez joining. The rumours make my ears perk, as do the rumours for other good players. But in my heart's core, I know that the chances of the transfers being completed are very low.

I actually see people criticising Wenger and predicting everything he is going to say. I don't see how that is much different than fantasising over potential players. I actually get pretty annoyed with people spending all their time slating Wenger but I won't let myself go on about it the whole time.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way but transfer rumours are all apart of the game and when you are starved of football like we all are now, they really are something to think about.

You should learn to read, I never advised anyone to "leave the forum for a few weeks", if I need an ice cream then you should probably take yourself some prozac, you've been nothing but negative and drowning in despair all day long.

Isn't this a forum where people are allowed voice their opinions?

You on the other hand just want to shout your opinion to people,nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Come on now lads,

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Is it just silly? They are very much so entitled to their opinions though. And clearly you don't like it but does that make it silly?

I for one love to talk about potential signings, even if there is no hope. I was sitting on a bench with my friend for an hour today and I must have gone through half of Real Madrid playing for Arsenal. Jesus Christ, I don't see why that has to get on people's tits.

I like the thought of Suarez joining. The rumours make my ears perk, as do the rumours for other good players. But in my heart's core, I know that the chances of the transfers being completed are very low.

I actually see people criticising Wenger and predicting everything he is going to say. I don't see how that is much different than fantasising over potential players. I actually get pretty annoyed with people spending all their time slating Wenger but I won't let myself go on about it the whole time.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way but transfer rumours are all apart of the game and when you are starved of football like we all are now, they really are something to think about.

I wasn't talking about rumours or people we might like at the club. I have players in mind that I would like to see too.

I was talking about people we were supposedly bidding for but then we are told that there are no bids for anyone except an initial bid for Suarez.
    R. Madrid have said they received no offer for Higuain. We didn't bid for Jovetic or anyone else. He's now agreed to join City anyway.

I think we will buy someone but why wait 'till the last minute?

Isn't this a forum where people are allowed voice their opinions?

You on the other hand just want to shout your opinion to people,nice.

Again, learn to read, I don't recall saying nobody was entitled to an opinion? I'm entitled to disagree with an opinion, you're entitled to disagree with mine.

You on the other hand appear not to be dealing well with someone disagreeing with you, and you're making silly accusations, I have just as much reason to tell you that you also "just want to shout your opinion to people". I haven't done anything that you have done, apart from get pissy with someone who threw the tired old high horse line at me.

Take your own advice, respect my right to have my opinion just like I respect your right to do so.

• Advertisement

Again, learn to read, I don't recall saying nobody was entitled to an opinion? I'm entitled to disagree with an opinion, you're entitled to disagree with mine.

You on the other hand appear not to be dealing well with someone disagreeing with you, and you're making silly accusations, I have just as much reason to tell you that you also "just want to shout your opinion to people". I haven't done anything that you have done, apart from get pissy with someone who threw the tired old high horse line at me.

Take your own advice, respect my right to have my opinion just like I respect your right to do so.

You also used the dreaded capital letters to voice your opinion stronger. Anyway this discussion is going nowhere, good lucky

Thanks for clarifying Tayto Lover.

It's almost midnight so misunderstanding people tends to kick in around now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Anyways. City spending 100 million so far, or thereabouts. Financial fair play, bit of a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Do you not understand why some of us on here are losing our patience over the lack of urgency in getting our transfer dealings done? Is it not logical to get players in as early as possible to even give them a few weeks to settle into the team, become familiar with the training regime and with the Arsenal way of playing before the season starts?

Not only is that annoying but were starting to hear the same noises out of the manager as previous transfer windows, that were not close to signing anybody and that theres no quality out there in the market. Then come January we will hear that its hard to sign players in January as clubs are unwilling to part with players unless you pay over the odds.

Its just so infuriating knowing were 3 or 4 top players away from becoming serious title contenders again but yet we will probably only sign the 1 player and fall short again :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Anyways. City spending 100 million so far, or thereabouts. Financial fair play, bit of a joke.

City are doing things the right way. No fuss. Just buy the player.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement