Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I don't think he is work that type of money

Once he leaves and Suarez joins Real, there will be no-one anyone near their quality left on the market. But at least we saved a bit of cash, as we always do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I don't think he is work that type of money

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Once he leaves and Suarez joins Real, there will be no-one anyone near their quality left on the market. But at least we saved a bit of cash, as we always do.

Giroud is Arsene's main man so next year.

Im confident Arsene will sign the players he needs. The club is under huge pressure to buy big and I think he'll do that. Maybe not by buying a striker though.

Im thinking of staying away from the blogs and dodgy websites, too much guess work and not enough reputible quotes

FearDark wrote: »
    Can ye stop saying 'war chest' I feel like I'm reading some tabloid garbage. It's so cringey.

:confused: It was only said twice?......Jeeeeeezzzzz take a holiday! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

The war chest is going to be blown open this week with money flying everywhere to land us Suarez.

Sad to see many Arsenal's fans acceptance - rather than anger - that we'll likely lose out on Suarez and Higuain now. This board and Wenger are the perfect marriage and we're going absolutely nowhere. I imagine he'll sign the contract extension before our next signing too.

Sad to see many Arsenal's fans acceptance - rather than anger - that we'll likely lose out on Suarez and Higuain now. This board and Wenger are the perfect marriage and we're going absolutely nowhere. I imagine he'll sign the contract extension before our next signing too.

Let's take a deep breath. It's not that bad yet. Wait until the end of the window before shouting obscenities from the hill tops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Theres fairly strong rumours that suarez is/has signed a new contract with a definitive buy out clause for cl clubs, i imagine they upped the clause. Keep an eye on the liverpool echo twitter theyll be releasing a few stories lately and thats rumoured to be one of em if any of ye are interested.

Why?

He wasn't ever the main man a Real, Jose didn't trust him 100% and Jose knows top class strikers when he see's one. But mainly the fact Real agreed a fee of €23 says to me that thats closer to his true value than at €40 Madrid are looking for.

I cant say I've ever sat down and studied his game and I don't have the interest to look up his stats with regards to how many games he started in his time there but I think Benzema had more game time than him while they were both at Madrid.

HazDanz wrote: »
    Let's take a deep breath. It's not that bad yet. Wait until the end of the window before shouting obscenities from the hill tops.

I've been calling this for quite a while in fairness - that Real won't sell Higuain until they have the funds for Suarez. I think in a week's time Higuain will be a Napoli player (probably sooner) and Suarez will have agreed terms with Liverpool. The club has to see that if they don't make a late bid for Higuain he'll move and we'll lose our chances of either. I'll happily return next Sunday to scream those obscenities though.

• Advertisement

I dont know which is more draining at this stage...the fact we are buying no one on the tedious negativity it generates amongst some supporters.

Wenger is taking needless flak also. The man behaves with a bit of moral and financial responsibility and most importantly of all loyalty toward his employees. Compare that to 'Arry, Mancini or Jose who have huge opinions of themselves despite having idiots on their respective boards backing them paying all sorts of silly money and wages to very average players

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Rumour circulating that Suarez has agreed a new contract at Liverpool

He wasn't ever the main man a Real, Jose didn't trust him 100% and Jose knows top class strikers when he see's one. But mainly the fact Real agreed a fee of €23 says to me that thats closer to his true value than at €40 Madrid are looking for.

I cant say I've ever sat down and studied his game and I don't have the interest to look up his stats with regards to how many games he started in his time there but I think Benzema had more game time than him while they were both at Madrid.
    So you have never really seen the player but you reckon he isn't worth the money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I dont understand when people say, sure he wasnt the main man at real, surely not being the main man at one of the worlds biggest clubs doesnt make him a dud. If he wasnt the main man at Wigan or something then fair enough but just because he didnt start every singe game or be the focal point for every Real attack doesnt mean he wouldnt be a great fit for us :confused:

So you have never really seen the player but you reckon he isn't worth the money?

You misread my post, I said I never studied his game.

I've seen him play countless times.

And imo he still isn't worth €40 million,

You misread my post, I said I never studied his game.

I've seen him play countless times.

And imo he still isn't worth €40 million,

Fair enough.

I've been calling this for quite a while in fairness - that Real won't sell Higuain until they have the funds for Suarez. I think in a week's time Higuain will be a Napoli player (probably sooner) and Suarez will have agreed terms with Liverpool. The club has to see that if they don't make a late bid for Higuain he'll move and we'll lose our chances of either. I'll happily return next Sunday to scream those obscenities though.

It's not a question of the higuian/suarez deal. Just the transfer window in general. Fair enough it's probable not going to plan at the minute but I think waiting until the whole window is done with and see what the club has produced is a better way of tackling things than weighing in with "this board and Wenger are the perfect marriage and we're going absolutely nowhere."

It's not a question of the higuian/suarez deal. Just the transfer window in general. Fair enough it's probable not going to plan at the minute but I think waiting until the whole window is done with and see what the club has produced is a better way of tackling things than weighing in with "this board and Wenger are the perfect marriage and we're going absolutely nowhere."

That's fair but I can't see it going any better than the past 7 weeks have. I feel I'm perfectly entitled to lose my sh*t if we lose our top two targets for the entire summer in a few day's time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It's funny how a little club like Spurs are buying and strengthening all the time.
    Our Top 4 title is under attack this season again.
    I wonder will we win 4th again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

It's funny how a little club like Spurs are buying and strengthening all the time.

Its sad to see how far we have fallen, but this is the season im expecting big things in terms of transfers and quality players brought in so lets hope its happens as I am sick to death of us out of the title race come Febuary.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I think things will move on a couple of fronts in time for the emirates cup, not a lot is really happening anywhere at the minute. Suarez, Rooney, higuian, Ibra etc have moved to no club yet no ones making definite moves not just us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Nothing like this thread to make you feel bad about Arsenal, I'm actually feeling far more positive about this season than I have been for any other in quite a while. Signings or not, the squad has blended nicely in the last year and I don't think we are too far off competing higher than we are currently. Hopefully a move for Gustavo gathers pace, he looks a quality player and would add defensively to the squad.

Not convinced by either of the rumored frontmen, it's certainly not the end of the world if we don't get them like some in here seem to think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Giroud 5
    Akpom 3

Eisfeld 1
    Miquel 1
    Olsson 1
    Oxlade-Chamberlain 1
    Podolski 1
    Walcott 1

I realised that I haven't posted in here in ages (I try to hibernate during transfer rumour season), so thought we could use some nostalgia :pac:

TheGunns wrote: »
    Nothing like this thread to make you feel bad about Arsenal, I'm actually feeling far more positive about this season than I have been for any other in quite a while. Signings or not, the squad has blended nicely in the last year and I don't think we are too far off competing higher than we are currently. Hopefully a move for Gustavo gathers pace, he looks a quality player and would add defensively to the squad.

Not convinced by either of the rumored frontmen, it's certainly not the end of the world if we don't get them like some in here seem to think.

Gustavo would be a brilliant catch. We need a player of his ilk just as much as a front man at the moment.

I agree I feel pretty positive going into this season, the team know each other now and that counts for a lot - hit the ground running. I'm interested to see how Gnarby get's on as well this season. I think he's going to impress once given the chance to show his stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

amiable wrote: »
    Rumour circulating that Suarez has agreed a new contract at Liverpool

What's the buy out clause? Actually, is there even one? Was it all about money?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Gustavo would be a brilliant catch. We need a player of his ilk just as much as a front man at the moment

Totally. I'd be delighted if we got him. He'd bring a lot to the team. I am certain we need a new striker too though, I'm a fan of giroud but the three games he missed at the end of the season we missed having a proper striker and we could do with an upgrade to stenghten the team. I reckon we'll miss out on our main reported targets though. Lets hope sanogo is as good in real life as he is in football manager game.

Suarez handed in a transfer request that was rejected by Liverpool. On the phone so can't link. Even tho it's rejected I think that pretty much confirms he is going to go

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Totally. I'd be delighted if we got him. He'd bring a lot to the team. I am certain we need a new striker too though, I'm a fan of giroud but the three games he missed at the end of the season we missed having a proper striker and we could do with an upgrade to stenghten the team. I reckon we'll miss out on our main reported targets though. Lets hope sanogo is as good in real life as he is in football manager game.

I've a lot of time for Giroud myself, like you are saying we need a striker for the days he is not playing well/injured/banned. If we could get someone in that can be more clinical infront of goal (even though I think the french man is set to have a stellar season) it would give the team a confidence.

Obviously if we got in a better striker than Giroud thats great, but it's not the end of the world if we sign someone who simply complements the team and who knows Sanogo could be that man in the end.

jonny666 wrote: »
    Suarez handed in a transfer request that was rejected by Liverpool. On the phone so can't link. Even tho it's rejected I think that pretty much confirms he is going to go

Seen it in w Liverpool tread. Was a joke. I get excited and didn't even click the link.

Bollox!!!

I've a lot of time for Giroud myself, like you are saying we need a striker for the days he is not playing well/injured/banned. If we could get someone in that can be more clinical infront of goal (even though I think the french man is set to have a stellar season) it would give the team a confidence.

Obviously if we got in a better striker than Giroud thats great, but it's not the end of the world if we sign someone who simply complements the team and who knows Sanogo could be that man in the end.

No just no...

• Advertisement

Stop it. Just stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

jonny666 wrote: »
    What's the buy out clause? Actually, is there even one? Was it all about money?
    Rumour is it involves Liverpool getting top four next season.

No just no...
    Stop it. Just stop it.

Haha knew it would wind yous up :P

Haha knew it would wind yous up :P

Hmmmmm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Looks like Madrid have accepted an offer by Napoli for Higuain just personal terms to be agreed......looks like we missed out again:(

Anyone surprised?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

If its anything like the time we had agreed personal terms we haven't missed out yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

If its anything like the time we had agreed personal terms we haven't missed out yet

It's not anything like it though. They have offered a lot more money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Ironic that it had surfaced as Higuain is playing in England. Hopefully its as done a deal to Napoli as Cesear was

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Kirby wrote: »
    It's not anything like it though. They have offered a lot more money.

Apparently........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Ancelotti seems adamant that he is going nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Arsenal should just match Napoli's offer at this stage. I think the player would rather play in the premierleague so would probably choose arsenal over Napoli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

liam7831 wrote: »
    Looks like Madrid have accepted an offer by Napoli for Higuain just personal terms to be agreed......looks like we missed out again:(

Anyone surprised?

Personally I'm not going to believe anything I read about him moving to any club until I see him in the shirt*. How many 'done deals' have turned out to be assumption and hearsay this summer already?

*Even then...

783516589.jpg?1371878184

Ancelloti has apparently said (from Bournemouth airport?) there is no done deal for Higuain

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I used to like this forum :(

According to the mirror higuan is stalling on a move to napoli, hoping arsenal will go back in for him.

Love this circus act.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

According to the mirror higuan is stalling on a move to napoli, hoping arsenal will go back in for him.

Love this circus act.

Choosing Napoli over Arsenal where is the sense in that? Its just the money as usual, money talks.

Love this circus act.

If true, let's just pay and crack on with the rest of our targets.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Choosing Napoli over Arsenal where is the sense in that? Its just the money as usual, money talks.

The only reason apart from money is that there is a certain affinity between Argentinian players and Napoli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Mr.Micro wrote: »

Makes perfect sense to the player as there shown more interest in trying to sign him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

TheGunns wrote: »
    Vertonghen, and I'm pretty sure Bale did at the time he went to Spurs

Bale was yet another kid with potential at the time. Only last season has he really started to live up to it. Would have been great to get him, but it wasnt exactly a world class player turning us down. He was a kid who knew he would get more games in the weaker spurs side. The exact same reasons as Vertonghen. Only difference is Vertonghen was a much more established player but opted for the easy option instead of having competition for a spot.

He is not worth €40m. €30m at the most, especially since Madrid originally agreed a fee closer to €20m.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement