Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

1196197198199200202»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Bale was yet another kid with potential at the time. Only last season has he really started to live up to it. Would have been great to get him, but it wasnt exactly a world class player turning us down. He was a kid who knew he would get more games in the weaker spurs side. The exact same reasons as Vertonghen. Only difference is Vertonghen was a much more established player but opted for the easy option instead of having competition for a spot.

He is not worth €40m. €30m at the most, especially since Madrid originally agreed a fee closer to €20m.

They never agreed any fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I think I'm going to try and join the transfer rumour blackout crowd now... Let's hope things get moving on time for the Emirates cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Fair enough.

Would you spend €40m of Arsenal's money on Higuain?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

The way I see the higuain situation is: We've been chatting up two chicks at the party, both hot, one is a good girl who likes us and wants a relationship, The other is a bit hotter, comes with a reputation, we suspect she'll put out but we also suspect that shes just using our interest to make the fella she fancies more interested. Being eejits instead of just hooking up with the nice girl We've chased the slutty one all night and despite making advances we're still no closer to pulling. It's getting late and soon the party will be over. Rumour has it the dirty chick might be staying with her ex boyfriend. Meanwhile the good girl has been chatted up by a swarthy Italian. She looks ready to leave with him. We look for the dirty chick. She's off in the kitchen talking seriously with her ex boyfriend. The good girl is almost out the door with the Italian. Things arr looking bad for us. Looks like we're going to end up alone. Things have been difficult for us since that dutch b#tch ran off with that guy we hate last year. This is terrible. But wait, the good girl has hesitated, she's told napoli to wait a minute. She's giving us one last chance....what are we going to do?

I suspect we'll ignore Higuain, try to get suarez, Higuain signs for napoli, real will use the higuain money to buy suarez, And we go home to watch babestation with a fistful of tissues, just crying and ****, **** and crying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Would you spend €40m of Arsenal's money on Higuain?

What? I said fair enough, how does that question arise from that answer!?

• Advertisement

bad2dabone wrote: »
    The way I see the higuain situation is: We've been chatting up two chicks at the party, both hot, one is a good girl who likes us and wants a relationship, The other is a bit hotter, comes with a reputation, we suspect she'll put out but we also suspect that shes just using our interest to make the fella she fancies more interested. Being eejits instead of just hooking up with the nice girl We've chased the slutty one all night and despite making advances we're still no closer to pulling. It's getting late and soon the party will be over. Rumour has it the dirty chick might be staying with her ex boyfriend. Meanwhile the good girl has been chatted up by a swarthy Italian. She looks ready to leave with him. We look for the dirty chick. She's off in the kitchen talking seriously with her ex boyfriend. The good girl is almost out the door with the Italian. Things arr looking bad for us. Looks like we're going to end up alone. Things have been difficult for us since that dutch b#tch ran off with that guy we hate last year. This is terrible. But wait, the good girl has hesitated, she's told napoli to wait a minute. She's giving us one last chance....what are we going to do?

I suspect we'll ignore Higuain, try to get suarez, Higuain signs for napoli, real will use the higuain money to buy suarez, And we go home to watch babestation with a fistful of tissues, just crying and ****, **** and crying.

Absolute genius

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

What? I said fair enough, how does that question arise from that answer!?

Jesus pal Im only asking for your opinion, thats all

Jesus pal Im only asking for your opinion, thats all

Relax man I was only asking as I didn't understand the question in relation to on answer.

As I said if a player will improve the team which highuan would I would pay the money alright.

He is a class player and he would give us something we lack upfront.

Sometimes you have to take risks to get the rewards, we don't do it often so why not try it for once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Relax man I was only asking as I didn't understand the question in relation to on answer.

As I said if a player will improve the team which highuan would I would pay the money alright.

He is a class player and he would give us something we lack upfront.

Sometimes you have to take risks to get the rewards, we don't do it often so why not try it for once.

If we offer €40m and then Madrid say the price is now €60m, do you just agree to pay that too?

Anyone else think our defence is suddenly looking very shaky?

• Advertisement

If we offer €40m and then Madrid say the price is now €60m, do you just agree to pay that too?

No 60 million is too high we would not have much left to buy other players , but I don't think 40 is, at 23 he was way undervalued and we were chancing our arm as per usual.

Same could be said for almost every team if they get a few injuries to several of their first choice players.

Would you rather we kept the 40 million in the bank collecting interest or spent it on a quality player?

No 60 million is too high we would not have much left to buy other players , but I don't think 40 is, at 23 he was way undervalued and we were chancing our arm as per usual.

How many times has it been said now to just pay whatever they want? What I said is what happens when you take the pay whatever they want approach. The selling team will try to get as much as they can.

I dont think he was way undervalued. €30m would be about right for him. Any more and there are better options for not much more.

How many times has it been said now to just pay whatever they want? What I said is what happens when you take the pay whatever they want approach. The selling team will try to get as much as they can.

I dont think he was way undervalued. €30m would be about right for him. Any more and there are better options for not much more.

Not pay whatever they want but put in a good solid offer and get it done, probably agree with you that 30 is enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

So looks like GeoffArssenal called it right again on the Monreal injury.

Hopefully the tweet someone here posted of him saying well be making a 41m bid for Suarez is true.

We need to start getting active soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

In depth, yes at CB. RBs of Sagna and Jenks, LBs of Gibbs and Monreal is the best we've had in years. But at CB we have Mert, Kosc, Verm (out for 4 months?) and Miquel at a push. We need at least 1 CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Same could be said for almost every team if they get a few injuries to several of their first choice players.
    Maybe it's just me but even without injuries I'd be a little worried about only having 3 CBs in the side when we're hoping to play 55-60 matches over the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Its looking less and less likely unfortunately.

As unlikely as its looking it still seems to be the most likely transfer rumour to happen which says alot.

Another dodgy year ahead unless wenger pulls the finger out.

This summer will make or break us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Choosing Napoli over Arsenal where is the sense in that? Its just the money as usual, money talks.

Yea crazy to pick the team who finished 2nd in Seire A vs the team who just about finished 4th in the PL.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Good point. Everton should make it when going after Liverpool's transfer targets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Good point. Everton should make it when going after Liverpool's transfer targets.

Everton never finished second in Seire A though so it wouldn't great if they made that point.

Yea crazy to pick the team who finished 2nd in Seire A vs the team who just about finished 4th in the PL.

Naples is a crime-ridden dump where players and their wives/partners are often held at gunpoint. Arsenal is a consisent CL side that plays in one of the world's greatest cities. If we matched the fee - which we won't - I'm sure Higuain would choose Arsenal. But I imagine we'll chase down Suarez instead and fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Over 10k posts, new thread coming soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement