Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

greendom wrote: »
    I think it's no coincidence that we've conceded so many more goals at home (18 to 11). The disgruntled fan reception is being felt on the pitch and leading to nervousness and individual lapses by our defenders. If the support at home could come close to matching that away, i'm sure we would start to see the amount of errors reducing.

i think thats a cop out really and wenger spouting that rubbish is just trying to deflect the problems/blame onto the fans. i dont think the atmosphere is much worse than it was in the past - its not 100% harmonious dont get me wrong but if its the atmosphere then why do we up our perfomances so much in the second half of recent games? surely wed be seeing bad perfomances over 90 minutes if the players were so sensitive about fan displeasure.

players slow getting back after marauding forward (or in the case of sagna and diaby lately just not bothering), not tracking runs properly, too slow closing down opposition players - just some examples of lax and just downright bad defending on show in recent times.

has sweet F.A. to do with the fans in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

sonic85 wrote: »
    i think thats a cop out really and wenger spouting that rubbish is just trying to deflect the problems/blame onto the fans. i dont think the atmosphere is much worse than it was in the past - its not 100% harmonious dont get me wrong but if its the atmosphere then why do we up our perfomances so much in the second half of recent games? surely wed be seeing bad perfomances over 90 minutes if the players were so sensitive about fan displeasure.

players slow getting back after marauding forward (or in the case of sagna and diaby lately just not bothering), not tracking runs properly, too slow closing down opposition players - just some examples of lax and just downright bad defending on show in recent times.

has sweet F.A. to do with the fans in my opinion

i'm not saying it's that for definite but how else do you explain that monumental feck up for the first goal on Wednesday? All seasoned pros, all full internationals. You don't think nerves played any part in that at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

AdamD wrote: »
    The crowd were fully behind the players at the start of the Liverpool game, no anxiety ringing around the stadium or any of that, just proper cheering. Despite this our defence still managed to pull off the longest run of **** ups leading to a goal ever known to man.

I honestly think that first goal was incredibly unlucky. TV is the only one that I'd point out as messing up. Sagna slipped, ramsey was unfornate to have the ball pass him and blocking shots is always dodgy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

i'm not saying it's that for definite but how else do you explain that monumental feck up for the first goal on Wednesday? All seasoned pros, all full internationals. You don't think nerves played any part in that at all?

not particularly to be honest. you said it yourself - all seasoned pros, all full internationals. how many experienced internationals can you think of that suffer from nerves? it happens too often to be just a case of nerves. plus, most if not all of those lads have played in big games before - derbys in different countries and such. whats different about playing liverpool?

TV for example has played in holland with ajax. are you telling me that hes more nervous playing in the emirates than he was playing against feyenoord or PSV? im not going to go through all our players but you get the idea. i really dont think nerves are that big a factor or the supposed intimidating atmosphere.

i actually think the lack of proper leaders on the field is more of an issue. bar jack i cant think of any real motivators in the team. it was pointed out after the liverpool game that at one stage during a break in play gerrard had 5 or 6 of his teammates around him having a chat giving instructions etc while our "captain" was standing staring blankly into space with his hands on his hips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Can't defend ? - only 2 teams have conceded fewer goals than us away from home (Swansea and City) Admittedly our defending at the Emirates needs improvement (18 goals in 12 games is unacceptable) but a team that has conceded less than a goal a game away obviously can defend.

18 in 12?
    Jesus that is woeful.

Im a big fan of our defending at the emirates, its like our u12 team.
    Get it out, get rid of it to fuk, aw here it comes kick it, kick it, get it out. Agggghhh.

If you werent a gooner itd be great craic watching it for a laugh id say.
    Unfortunately, we are. And its not funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Lads has anybody noticed the atmosphere lately at The Emirates has been amazing? Great to see the fans get behind the team when things aren't going too well for us at the moment, hopefully the team can repay the fans today with a good performance and more importantly 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Lads has anybody noticed the atmosphere lately at The Emirates has been amazing? Great to see the fans get behind the team when things aren't going too well for us at the moment, hopefully the team can repay the fans today with a good performance and more importantly 3 points.

I think it's coincided with what looks like a bit more desire on the pitch. In three of the last four home games we've fallen behind only to fight back with what looks like genuine desire. Even though the result didn't come against City (the same could be said for away to Chelsea too) the team showed that 'tremendous spirit' that Wenger always harks on about. I think the fans are responding to it. If the team tries the fans will get behind them.
    Now, if we could keep the fire in the bellies without having to fall behind in the first place we'd be flying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Looking at our fixtures our next 3 league games are very winnable. Stoke (h), Sunderland (a) and Villa (h). Then we have two crucial matches against Spurs (a) and Everton (h). Getting 9 points from the next 3 matches would be a great confidence boost for going into those important games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Its easy to have a good atmosphere when you play well as we have done in the last couple of games. The likes of liverpool could be playing awful and the fans will still be singing at the top of their voices. Our fans get too agitated too quickly imo

• Advertisement

The first goal the other night in isolation looked like it was unlucky but every time Liverpool attacked it looked like they might score, eventually some have to work out.

I don't know how to fix the problem but when we're chasing back when opposition teams are attacking we look so, so vulnerable whether we're playing United, Liverpool, Stoke or Bradford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Galvasean wrote: »
    Looking at our fixtures our next 3 league games are very winnable. Stoke (h), Sunderland (a) and Villa (h). Then we have two crucial matches against Spurs (a) and Everton (h). Getting 9 points from the next 3 matches would be a great confidence boost for going into those important games.

Thought the Stoke game was away so that's a great boost in my mind. Sunderland always give us a hard time so that's the one I'd be worried about now. Villa should be straight forward (or as straight forward as possible for us, meaning 5-4 having been 4-1 down.). I'd be confidant of at least 11 out of 15 there.

Twitter suggesting that Cazorla is not in the squad today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I honestly think that first goal was incredibly unlucky. TV is the only one that I'd point out as messing up. Sagna slipped, ramsey was unfornate to have the ball pass him and blocking shots is always dodgy.

You forgot about Mert turning his back on the shot too for the 2nd time in a week.

TODAY

Again I am going to say that we need to focus from the START and not begin to start playing when we fall behind.
    Get Sagna's studs seen to before the game as he looks like he's playing on ice lately.
    Give Stoke a hiding as I don't really like anything about them.

You forgot about Mert turning his back on the shot too for the 2nd time in a week.

It hit off his foot anyway so that didn't make a difference in this case.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Twitter suggesting that Cazorla is not in the squad today

Arseblog said this morning he might be injured. Will they move Ramsey or jack up ye reckon? Might see arshavin today since I doubt diaby will play a full 90.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

This quote has been attributed to Verm, regarding the slow starts:

"We're looking at how the opposition is set up and reacting to it, rather than playing our own game"

It hit off his foot anyway so that didn't make a difference in this case.

Had he been brave enough and faced it then that might not have happened.

Arsenal team: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Diaby, Arteta, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Giroud #AFCvSCFC

Cazorla on the bench no Podolski at all - time for Ox to step up

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Team

Szczesny
    Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
    Wilshere Arteta Diaby
    Walcott Giroud Chamberlain

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Arsenal team: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Diaby, Arteta, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Giroud #AFCvSCFC

Cazorla on the bench no Podolski at all - time for Ox to step up
    Podolski is on the bench according to the arsenal twitter feed

What so the ball would have magically gone higher?

I like that team.

Podolski is on the bench according to the arsenal twitter feed

yes, you're riight didn't spot him there :o

What so the ball would have magically gone higher?

I like that team.

Bravery has it's rewards.

I like that team too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Like that team some players need rest and we have a strong bench

Are people smaller when viewed from behind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

From arteta on twitter
    Mikel Arteta ‏@m8arteta
    Great breakfast 2day with our new adition Nacho!I'm sure he's gonna b great 4 us!#welcomenacho pic.twitter.com/kYwgwK48

BCGLK1YCAAANIq3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,750 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Jack at CAM

south-park-i-just-came-500x375.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Looking good so far, stoke not getting much of the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Any recipes please? Fairly stuck here.

• Advertisement

Unusually quiet in here for a match day :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Look at Santos the fat ****.... He's guarding all the Tea and Biscuits :D

Oxo's not really on the ball yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

HazDanz wrote: »
    Any recipes please? Fairly stuck here.

+1, any help appreciated..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I would suggest that you go to the row just in front of Second Row Sports and choose the 2nd option....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Same, hard to fine a recipe today !!

Why the fúck is Sagna marking Crouch on set pieces?!

Theo tearing them apart on the right so far, shame his final ball keeps letting him down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

The OX with a good chance, first save begovic has had to make

• Advertisement

Theo's final ball has been very poor so far. Oxo has to score there... :(

The new lad hasnt had much to do but has looked skillful when he's been on the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

iMuse wrote: »
    The OX with a good chance, first save begovic has had to make

Should have scored. Maybe it came too quick into him though.

We should be about 3-0 by now. Giroud has to go for goal on that one, free header form 8 yards and he tries to pass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,750 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Ref's a donkey. The pulling and pushing on our players is a joke. Bizarre that they get away with it just for being Stoke.

Unlucky Oxo, great pass from Jack. Oxo having a good game today, looking more of a threat than he has in quite a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Recipe anyone?
    Cheers.

cson wrote: »
    Recipe anyone?
    Cheers.
    Frisbee wrote: »
    I would suggest that you go to the row just in front of Second Row Sports and choose the 2nd option....

Half time, really should be ahead by now. Battered them at times. Hope it doesn't bite us in the ass and they keep up the trend of upping it in the second half.

Oxo's not really on the ball yet...

Oxo thinks he's better than he actually is. I'm not convinced by him but at least he's trying hard today.

Our play is far too slow today. Slow build up and slow final ball.
    We need to speed things up as we are playing to Stoke's strengths.
    Referee is the same as we usually get at the Emirates.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement