Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,750 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I wouldn't be overly worried tbh, Fletcher and Graham are both slow players, we just need CBs who can track their movement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

greendom wrote: »
    Look at Evra though, he had quite a dip at Man U, for a season or more, and yet he seems back to his best now. Still if he's going, let him go and let's find someone better

Evra as a defender hasn't improved at all, dont let a few goals and assists hide the fact that he is an incredibly average defender, UTD have actually conceeded more goals than us in the league this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Provided he's fit I'd definitely give Miquel the nod over Squillachi tomorrow. If he's going to have a future at Arsenal, and obviously Wenger reckons he does loaning out Djourou, it'd be as good a time as any to give him a run.

Verm was on the bench for Belgium midweek though so with a bit of luck he'll be available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Scheise, just saw Verm is out and Kos faces a late fitness test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Provided he's fit I'd definitely give Miquel the nod over Squillachi tomorrow. If he's going to have a future at Arsenal

He doesn't have a future at Arsenal. Just couldn't find anyone to take him. He'll be gone when his contract expires (in the summer?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

He doesn't have a future at Arsenal. Just couldn't find anyone to take him. He'll be gone when his contract expires (in the summer?)

I presumed he was referring to Miquel, not Squillaci?

Wenger mentioned Miquel and Sagna as possible CB starters in the press conference. No mention of Squillaci, phew!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Manzoor14 wrote: »
    I presumed he was referring to Miquel, not Squillaci?

oops! So he was :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Jovetic would be quite an awesome summer signing.

Anyone following the on loan/youth teamers this season? Any of them look like coming through? I know Campbell is doing alright for Betis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Santos is on his way back to Brazil and Afobe on loan to Millwall 'till June

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Andre-santos-quitte-arsenal/348773

EDIT: as long as the transfer can be completed before the deadline for player registrations for the Copa Libertadores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

No point showing it unless you hear the proper commentary :)

• Advertisement

wonga77 wrote: »

No point showing it unless you hear the proper commentary :)

Even the neutrals had orgasms at that finish let alone the Dutch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

greendom wrote: »
    Santos is on his way back to Brazil and Afobe on loan to Millwall 'till June

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Andre-santos-quitte-arsenal/348773

EDIT: as long as the transfer can be completed before the deadline for player registrations for the Copa Libertadores

No English in that link,has he actually left arsenal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

No English in that link,has he actually left arsenal?

no and it has to happen by Tuesday as that is the deadline for players to register for the Copa Libertadores. Since I posted this i saw some quotes from the Gremio chairman saying how much they wanted Santos and how hard they would try to get him, but that it would be difficult.

BTW if you use Google Chrome, it automatically detects when you are looking at a page not in your usual language and it gives you the option to see a translated version. It's not perfect but it certainly gives you the gist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Not only was Bergkamp an unbelievable footballer who at any moment could turn a game, he was the perfect professional not interested in the celebrity lifestyle, done his talking on the pitch and was loyal to Arsenal till the end. A man worthy of the term legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Not only was Bergkamp an unbelievable footballer who at any moment could turn a game, he was the perfect professional not interested in the celebrity lifestyle, done his talking on the pitch and was loyal to Arsenal till the end. A man worthy of the term legend.

who would u rate? dennis or messi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

:pac::pac: now that's a bit of a random question. I would rate both Messi is obviously the best of his generation possibly ever the best ever, but yeh Bergkamp was still a phenomenal player who is not only an Arsenal legend but a true great of football.

ya dennis was an amazing player and was very unique i hold him in very high regards but messi is on a diferent level if you ask me

but yes random question:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

We dont have to compare them both are great players in their own unique way. We should just count ourselves lucky we got to see both them play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

What's your angle here? Nobody is saying Bergkamp was the greatest player of his generation. Nobody is saying he's a contender for greatest player of all time.

He was a great player, a legend of our club, a loyal professional, the last player to see out his career with us. He was a key player for our 3 Premiership titles, particularly in 1998 and 2002. He performed well at every level, club, Champions League, World Cup, European Championships.

Messi is a freak, more than a goal a game for about 5 years now. Why do you want us to compare Dennis with him?! Even Thierry Henry was a flop if we're setting the bar at Messi!

• Advertisement

Geoff Arsenal ‏@GeoffArsenal
    Kos is fit. As long as there is no reaction this morning. #COYG

If Spurs drop points here (which I think they will) we will be ahead of them before they play if we win today and at home to Villa in two weeks! very realistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

jordainius wrote: »
    What's your angle here? Nobody is saying Bergkamp was the greatest player of his generation. Nobody is saying he's a contender for greatest player of all time.
    I do think he's the most talented player to play in the Premiership, however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭DenMan

Spurs leading 1-0. Bale after 5 mins. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

I do think he's the most talented player to play in the Premiership, however.

Debatable, but I agree a strong case could be made for him.
    Raf32 wrote: »
    If Spurs drop points here (which I think they will) we will be ahead of them before they play if we win today and at home to Villa in two weeks! very realistic.
    You really don't rate Tottenham! I admire your optimism, but you and I have very different ideas on what defines realistic; Tottenham drawing 7 of their next 8 games in the league for example!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

DenMan wrote: »
    Spurs leading 1-0. Bale after 5 mins. :(

1-1, Gouffran. Come on Newcastle!

Spuds should have had a pen too

jordainius wrote: »
    Debatable, but I agree a strong case could be made for him.

You really don't rate Tottenham! I admire your optimism, but you and I have very different ideas on what defines realistic; Tottenham drawing 7 of their next 8 games in the league for example!

I actually do rate them but I see their fixture list and feel its very tough. sure lets wait and see!

Arsenal.com ‏@Arsenal
    Arsenal team: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Cazorla, Walcott, Giroud #SFCvAFC

• Advertisement

Lets pray spurs lose or draw at least!
    we need to win and close that gap BIG time

Santi on the wing? Let's hope it's not Ramsey anyway!

Honestly who the **** rates that Krul lad? Didn't get it last year and I still have no idea what people see in him.

Santi on the wing? Let's hope it's not Ramsey anyway!
    Santi on the wing to start with I'd guess.

Newcastle taking a leaf out of our defending book there.

Newcastle taking a leaf out of our defending book there.

At least Sczcczceny would've done something in that situation.

• Advertisement

At least Sczcczceny would've done something in that situation.

I'd be confident he would have saved it actually... but then the ball would have founds it's way into the net somehow anyway.

I'd be confident he would have saved it actually... but then the ball would have founds it's way into the net somehow anyway.

He wouldn't have let a shot like that happen anyway, might've got sent off :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

We probably have a better chance catching chelsea then we do spurs, my belief of getting top 4 is slowly diminishing.

3 points required today. Anyone who says a draw away to Sunderland is an OK result can **** off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

3 points required today. Anyone who says a draw away to Sunderland is an OK result can **** off.

Even Wenger after 90 minutes?

• Advertisement

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Even Wenger after 90 minutes?

If it happens it'll be the performance rather than the result he'll be talking about I assume. ;)

Kos out, Jenko in, late change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Who's playing at center back ?? :confused:

Bak???

Ramsey out wide again ffs

id say sagna!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

This could be a rough day. We're not on setanata ire by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Defense will be a mess with Sagna in there, only centre backs can play centre back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Sagna to play CB.

Who's playing at center back ?? :confused:

Bak???

Ramsey out wide again ffs
    Reckon it could be Ramsey centre Cazorla out wide

This could be a rough day. We're not on setanata ire by any chance?
    We are indeed

I think Jenkinson has played CB before, wouldn't be surprised if he was playing there. Would also expect Ramsey to be cm with Cazorla wide left like the Chelsea game.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement