Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I think physically and mentally Jenk is a better option at CB

This could be a rough day. We're not on setanata ire by any chance?

W'ar.

TBH we should be playing tomorrow as though we don't know we have any defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Have a feeling we'll need a few goals to win this one..

Cattermole booked already, excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Nobody gonna risk a match thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Looks like Santos is being loaned out for a year. Verm or Miguel LB against Bayern?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Wilshire off injured. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Quazzie wrote: »
    Wilshire off injured. :(

It looks like only a little knock. More precautionary than serious.

Jenks sent off. They don't like doing things the easy way. Sunderland on top now

For anyone that criticizes Szczes, then they need to look at todays game. He won us 3 points today.

• Advertisement

What a fcukin excellent committed performance from 10 men too many great performances
    Sagna
    Ramsey
    Cazorla

Just superb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Man of the Match : Bacary Sagna!

whoooo hoooo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Any news on Wilshere :(

Think we have found ourselves a new CB, unfortunately though he will be playing RB next match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Best Result this season, HUGE given the Spurs result earlier, Szczesny made three or four world class stops and Sagna gave the defensive performance of the year. WOOOOOO HYPERBOLE **** YEAH

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

That was a great game to watch. Lovely flowing football first half and determined park the bus job second half. Most nervous final ten minutes in a while!

Jenkinson was foolish going in as he did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

blobby360 wrote: »

He walked onto the pitch at the end of the match and didn't seem badly hurt. I'd say it's nothing too serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

AARON RAMSEY

AARON RAMSEY
    We'll give you this one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Walcott 18 (11)
    Giroud 14 (9)
    Podolski 12 (8)
    Cazorla 9 (9)
    Gervinho 5 (3)
    Arteta 4 (4)
    Mr. Owen Goal 3 (3)
    Chamakh 2 (0)
    Koscielny 2 (1)
    Oxlade-Chamberlain 2 (1)
    Wilshere 2 (0)
    Arshavin 1 (0)
    Gibbs 1 (0)
    Mertesacker 1 (1)
    Miquel 1 (0)
    Ramsey 1 (0)
    Rosicky 1 (0)
    Vermaelen 1 (0)

(League goals in brackets)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

AARON RAMSEY

Future RB?

:pac:

Seriously though, he really has a natural ability for the game, very versatile. Still had 1 instance of over dallying which nearly cost us, but his stamina became invaluable after the red card.

Quazzie wrote: »
    For anyone that criticizes Szczes, then they need to look at todays game. He won us 3 points today.

He made terrific saves. Still not commanding enough to take crosses though

Jaafa wrote: »
    He walked onto the pitch at the end of the match and didn't seem badly hurt. I'd say it's nothing too serious.

He didnt seem to want to go off. Some player. Was running the show. Sunderland couldnt cope with him.

Don't think we could fault anyone bar Jenkinson for the whole match. All gave 100%, Giroud was invaluable for defending free kicks and corners and thought that Sagna and Mert looked solid at the back. Also Scezney has his best match of the season today.

Soups123 wrote: »
    What a fcukin excellent committed performance from 10 men too many great performances
    Sagna
    Ramsey
    Cazorla

Just superb

Sagna was unreal. Give him a new contract now. He was superb. Unreal commitment.

Jenks was a very silly boy today. Put himself into trouble on a few occasions. Still has alot to learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Cracking result for us today. Not the type of game we've often won in recent years. Sagna was heroic and Ches kept us in it more than once. Ramsey with a great effort as well. Should have killed off the game on a few occasions but a second win with a second clean sheet in a row is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Wenger - "Wilshere will be out for a couple of days, its nothing serious."

Raf32 wrote: »
    Wenger - "Wilshere will be out for a couple of days, its nothing serious."

More precautionary id say with Bayern on the horizon. The Brazilians are raving about him, Xavi and Iniesta fought over his shirt two years ago....we need him for the Champions league he is a superb player.

I'll check out football first later but our keeper making 3 world-class saves and a CB being man of the match doesn't exactly make it sound like a great performance.

Important 3 points but things just can't be simple. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Raf32 wrote: »
    Man of the Match : Bacary Sagna!

wasnt he playing as a cb lol?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Great game. Sunderland away is never easy, particularly when your best player goes off and then you're reduced to ten men for the majority of the second half.

If Utd had done that, we'd be moaning how it was a champions performance and how Arsensl never do them. No fresh airs from vern or disastrous positioning from Kos helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I'll check out football first later but our keeper making 3 world-class saves and a CB being man of the match doesn't exactly make it sound like a great performance.

We were great in the first half, should have been 2 or 3 up. Just had the backs to the wall in the second half, worth watching the highlights though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

we dominated until the sending off. Away. And had plenty of chances to score more. Sessignon played out of his skin today.

Still not commanding enough to take crosses though

Id hope that will come with age/experience :o

Was also the first time in a while that i remember that we looked comfortable with balls being crossed into the box. Most were cleared first time and despite me being a nervous wreck for the last 20 minutes i still felt we wouldn't concede which is a strange feeling to have as an Arsenal fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

only seen some of the second half, Szczesny, Sagna & Ramsey @ RB with great performances.

Szczesny a little dodgy on crosses though, like to see him dominating them more

some bad finishing/decisions from an attacking point too, could have sealed the game a few times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Didnt see any of the game today lads but another 3 points and a clean sheet which is an added bonus. Hopefully we can finish the season strong and get some consistency into our performance.

Arsenal were well in control until Jenks got himself sent off. That was the chink in the armour really. We had umpteen chances to bury Sunderland today. One thing that worried me was Giroud going for goal himself from distance when Santi was in a better position. I was disgusted by it.

Looking at Wilshere there again.....Wow. Took 4 or 5 players out of the game as he was running at the heart of the Sunderland defence. He is absolutely top class. It was the stuff of Maradona '86 v Belgium. In Jack we have produced a kid who would be more then equipped to succeed Xavi at Barcelona not that id want him to. Top players have a knack of lifting those around them and i cant help feeling that the feeling after Jack went off was to 'get the result for him'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Sagna's celebration at the end can dispell any doubts that he's not fully committed to the club or that he doesn't care. Think he's come in for unfair criticism lately. Yes he's been poor in a few games but none of us know what it's like to come back from two leg breaks and how something like that can affect form and confidence. Hope he stays and gets the trophy he deserves.

Arsenal were well in control until Jenks got himself sent off. That was the chink in the armour really. We had umpteen chances to bury Sunderland today. One thing that worried me was Giroud going for goal himself from distance when Santi was in a better position. I was disgusted by it.
    If Giroud could match his mind to his feet he'd be the best in the world tbh. He's probably provided the best 2 assists I've ever seen since he joined us. Bit like Sturridge, a few bad/stupid decisions get called greed instead.
    Looking at Wilshere there again.....Wow. Took 4 or 5 players out of the game as he was running at the heart of the Sunderland defence. He is absolutely top class. It was the stuff of Maradona '86 v Belgium. In Jack we have produced a kid who would be more then equipped to succeed Xavi at Barcelona not that id want him to. Top players have a knack of lifting those around them and i cant help feeling that the feeling after Jack went off was to 'get the result for him'
    Unreal player. It's really funny watching on TV when it's really obvious what he's going to do. The dummies verge on looking silly.
    Sagna's celebration at the end can dispell any doubts that he's not fully committed to the club or that he doesn't care. Think he's come in for unfair criticism lately. Yes he's been poor in a few games but none of us know what it's like to come back from two leg breaks and how something like that can affect form and confidence. Hope he stays and gets the trophy he deserves.
    Was good and bad to see. We shouldn't that excited by the result but his head's still in the game which is good. Would a move to CB be the worst thing for him? TBH him in a back 3 would be interesting over the next few years. Like if we're not going to splash the cash I wouldn't mind if we just went for broke and unconventional.

If Giroud could match his mind to his feet he'd be the best in the world tbh. He's probably provided the best 2 assists I've ever seen since he joined us. Bit like Sturridge, a few bad/stupid decisions get called greed instead.

Giroud is normally unselfish tbh but i am concerned that maybe there was an element of 'getting back at Santi' about it. He knew Santi was making a better run and he himself had more to do but i think there was an element of 'fúck him' about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Giroud is normally unselfish tbh but i am concerned that maybe there was an element of 'getting back at Santi' about it. He knew Santi was making a better run and he himself had more to do but i think there was an element of 'fúck him' about it.
    Havent seen it, but is it possible he:

1. Didnt see him.
    2. Thought he had a good chance himself.

It was a bit silly from Giroud but with the run Santi made, it created a bit of a gap for him to shoot and he took his chance. I was more annoyed that instead of wasting valuable seconds he gave the ball straight back as did Cazorla with a couple of wild shots.
    Was great to see the whole team though fighting for the win. And Cazorla at the end looked fit to pass out with the shift he put in. Great to see.

Getting back at Santi for what?

It was one of the 2 0-0s to start the season when Giroud shot from 50 yards in injury time that first showed how stupid he can be so it's not a new thing :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Getting back at Santi for what?

It was one of the 2 0-0s to start the season when Giroud shot from 50 yards in injury time that first showed how stupid he can be so it's not a new thing :P

That was the 0 - 0 at Stoke. My recollection is that it was a brilliant outrageous effort that came very close to winning it for us.

greendom wrote: »
    That was the 0 - 0 at Stoke. My recollection is that it was a brilliant outrageous effort that came very close to winning it for us.

It was a stupid attempt though. Yes it would've made every highlights reel but he shouldn't have done it. I don't want to get bogged down with this particular one though because there were bigger problems than him in that match but he does do stupid things quite often but also does the most sublime assists.

blobby360 wrote: »

HE'S A LEGEND.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

I wouldn't be criticising Giroud for shooting. F*ck knows we've had enough lads terrified to pull the trigger in recent years.

It was a stupid attempt though. Yes it would've made every highlights reel but he shouldn't have done it. I don't want to get bogged down with this particular one though because there were bigger problems than him in that match but he does do stupid things quite often but also does the most sublime assists.

You couldnt compare that chance with the one earlier in the year. Tbf Giroud has laid on savage assists this year but i cant help feeling he decided to take his own goal in response to Santi going for his own on one or two occasions when maybe the assist was on

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement