Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Dont know if it has been mentioned but seen today Wenger has seemingly ruled out Zaha. Knowing Wenger, that means he is our number one target! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Dont know if it has been mentioned but seen today Wenger has seemingly ruled out Zaha. Knowing Wenger, that means he is our number one target! :pac:

He is signing for United and then being loaned back to CP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

gnfnrhead wrote: »

I think he actually just ruled him out completely. Usually he gives a wee smile or some kind of hint when addressing players he's close to signing. He said in the interview "We were never in for Zaha. Never."

We still need signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Hasn't Wenger insinuated that he will do business and mentioned about prices going up and down for players, especially in the last week and sometimes deals are done sometimes to the deadline.
    I reckon he is holding out... and it ain't for nobody. That tweet a while ago had merit, it will take a week and a bit to see if it was jusitified ( the Geoff tweet)

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Why is anyone falling for this, time and again Wenger lies and disappoints by signing nobody or just youth players. I cant remember the last time we actually improved the team in a transfer window.

And Zaha nor Diame are improvements in my book, just more bargain bucket/youth signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

What kinda team we see 2mrw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

In fairness we should be wise to this situation. AW consistently tows the party line of only signing if we find "super super quality" every window. When we do sign players its either tied up way early (Hleb/Nasri/Podolski) or way late (Arteta/Arshavin/Gallas). The latter is annoying as it makes a complete **** of any preparations pre season or otherwise. We had the whole of Sept - Dec to put the wheels in motion on potential signings.

Overall I think its feigning outrage from most who are unhappy about it; for me its almost always quiet resignation in knowing nothing will change in the way we do business since David Dein left. I harbour hope that one day I might be genuinely surprised, but its a flicker rather than anything more substantial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Am I the only one who likes the look of Diame and what he could bring to the midfield?

Hes actually quite good on the ball but more importantly hes big, strong and will get around the pitch. We lack that in midfield at the moment. 3.5m is a steal and fairly risk-free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Did Wigan not release Diame at the end of last season no??? Hardly Arsenal class is he, id rather give Frimpong a chance than bringing in Diame.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Same, I'd far rather Coquelin and Frimpong regularly starting matches than signing an average bottom half DM for 3.5m

• Advertisement

DB10 wrote: »
    Same, I'd far rather Coquelin and Frimpong regularly starting matches than signing an average bottom half DM for 3.5m

In all honestly, Frimpong is very average in comparison to Diame. Diame would be a great signing for us IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Did Wigan not release Diame at the end of last season no??? Hardly Arsenal class is he, id rather give Frimpong a chance than bringing in Diame.

Diame is not a DM midfielder he would be cover for diaby
    Coq is cover for arteta
    Frimpong is not good enough yet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Bargain basement signings or bottom of the barrel signings. Either way the names floating around here aren't Arsenal quality. We are the new Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

No activity: "sign anyone ffs!!!!"

Activity: "dont sign them, play what we have instead!!!!"

Can't win :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

As Arseblog has quite rightly pointed out, having business done early and players ready to go at the start of a long and difficult month might have avioded an unncecessary replay aginst Swansea and given us something to push on against Chelsea, instead of having to bring on a clearly unfit Arshavin. Wenger's refusal to strenghten the squad is costing us points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

batistuta9 wrote:
    Ba's agents, of which's there's 5 were said to have made around £2mil between them
    Thats just it though. Arsenal wouldnt pay any agent 2m let alone 5 agents 2m each on a point of prinicple and i actually dont blame them. A shower of parasites.

between them; meaning around 400k each, not around 2mil each

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

keano_afc wrote: »
    As Arseblog has quite rightly pointed out, having business done early and players ready to go at the start of a long and difficult month might have avioded an unncecessary replay aginst Swansea and given us something to push on against Chelsea, instead of having to bring on a clearly unfit Arshavin. Wenger's refusal to strenghten the squad is costing us points.

arseblog keeps signing from that hymn sheet

if we'd bought we mightn't have drew with swansea, might have done better against city etc.

may as well say if we'd kept van persie and fabregas we'd have beat them or even better if we hadn't let swansea equalize arseanal would've went through

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Anyone know if this game is on anywhere tonight? Our will we need to go looking for a stream?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

It's true though. Having Arshavin as our only real attacking option against Chelsea when chasing the game is a criminal position to be in for a club like Arsenal.

Leaving business to the end of the month is stupid as January is when we really needed new players and maybe some fresh impetus to help us build up a head of steam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Wenger said this season was a good chance for us to win the league.

Is he joking? Because im not laughing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Wenger said this season was a good chance for us to win the league.

Is he joking? Because im not laughing!
    The thing with Wenger is he just places too much faith and trust in his players that hes blinded that some of his players just arent god enough mentally more so than physically.

It was a real eye opener to see our bench last week against Chelsea, this is the weakest Arsenal squad I have seen since maybe 97/98 season under Wenger and even then the likes of Wreh and Boa Morte were better options than Arshavin.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    The thing with Wenger is he just places too much faith and trust in his players that hes blinded that some of his players just arent god enough mentally more so than physically.

It was a real eye opener to see our bench last week against Chelsea, this is the weakest Arsenal squad I have seen since maybe 97/98 season under Wenger and even then the likes of Wreh and Boa Morte were better options than Arshavin.

Your joking bout the 97/98 Season right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Soups123 wrote: »
    Anyone know if this game is on anywhere tonight? Our will we need to go looking for a stream?

It's not on in the UK but Fox Soccer and a good few other foreign channels are showing it so there should be a few streams knocking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Your joking bout the 97/98 Season right

It kinda was though, there was the first 11 which was very very good and it was piss poor outside that. I remember petit and vieira saying the problem was the first 11 picked itself. The only place we'd any decent backup was defense.

It kinda was though, there was the first 11 which was very very good and it was piss poor outside that. I remember petit and vieira saying the problem was the first 11 picked itself. The only place we'd any decent backup was defense.

It won the title good enough for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Apparently there has been a bid from another Premier League club for M'Vila and QPR have now withdrawn.
    Could be us, but more likely Fulham or Sp*rs i reckon.

Also hearing we may bid again for David Villa, but despite Villa wanting to go elsewhere, Barca are having none of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Despite his crap current form Torres is a proven goal scorer at the highest level. Chamakh is worth 5 million tops, arshavin is out of contract soon (isn't he?) so essentially worth nothing.

Torres is **** and has bene for like 2-3 years now. Chamack is better then him lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Even with his massive dip in form

Torres>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chamakh

he Croatian media are saying we've made a £19.3m bid for Jovetic! Even if true, doubt it'd be accepted.

the disneyland paris media have confirmed we've bid for Goofy, trending on twitter too.

This is more realistic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Strange that with all this Villa talk that I havent heard one other club mentioned. Surely if he was to go then there would be a few other clubs in for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

wonga77 wrote: »
    Strange that with all this Villa talk that I havent heard one other club mentioned. Surely if he was to go then there would be a few other clubs in for him?

We sold a 29 year old with a history of injury problems in the form of his life for £24m to buy a 31 year old with a history of injury problems who hasn't played much recently for £30m.

When did we buy him for £30 million?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

The negativity in here is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

meriwether wrote: »
    We sold a 29 year old with a history of injury problems in the form of his life for £24m to buy a 31 year old with a history of injury problems who hasn't played much recently for £30m.

The rumours are anything between 8 and 16 mill depending on where you read.

Out of curiosity can Chamakh play tonight?

wonga77 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity can Chamakh play tonight?
    No covered in is loan agreement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'm pulling a blank. Who are you talking about for £30M?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

the disneyland paris media have confirmed we've bid for Goofy, trending on twitter too.

This is more realistic

He's a committed Spurs fan (as are Mickey Mouse, Pluto etc) - he'd never play for Arsenal

greendom wrote: »
    He's a committed Spurs fan (as are Mickey Mouse, Pluto etc) - he'd never play for Arsenal

Minnie or Daffy it is so.

I must remove his page from my signature book I got over there a few years back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Quazzie wrote: »
    I'm pulling a blank. Who are you talking about for £30M?

I assume he's referring to Villa. Since when did breaking ones leg make you "injury prone"?

Confident about tonight a win tonight and in our next 2 league home games and we might see a more optimistic chance of top 4, if they dont go well I think it'll be too late to make a push.

Fancy us tonight for 3-0

keano_afc wrote: »
    I assume he's referring to Villa. Since when did breaking ones leg make you "injury prone"?
    Villa would be a quality signing any Arsenal fan that would not be please by us signing him will never be happy, would be quality to get him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

No covered in is loan agreement

We really are bad at negotiating....

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Things like this prove that alot of the people are so busy posting on these forums that they forget to actually watch football, David Villa just came back from a broken leg and last week when Barca played in the Copa Del Rey, He played scored twice and overall looked fantastic if you're going to turn you're nose up at a player his class.....theres just no pleasing people ,It would be a fantastic signing if we get him and this is one of those i can see going to 11.59 on the 31st such is the way we usually do these things like the Arshavin and Arteta deals in the previous windows , I do expect Diame to arrive too btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

Walcott to score 1st and arsenal to win either 2-0 or 3-0 is 11/1 with skybet (double chance)...i don't know how confident i am of our defence not conceding though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

I reckon it's actually a good thing Chamakh isn't playing, I was expecting to score. I saw the highlights of one of West Ham's games recently and I'd say he got more crosses and passes in that game than he did in his previous two seasons at Arsenal.

I don't think he was a bad player we just never played him or played to his strengths. When he was our only striker, he did a good job for us. If he managed to get his confidence back somewhere, he would be a good player for a lower / mid table team.

My only worry now is that we don't do the same to Giroud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Diaby and Coquelin out for tonight, Poldolski and Oxlade back. Not sure on Rosicky?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Diaby and Coquelin out for tonight, Poldolski and Oxlade back. Not sure on Rosicky?

Diaby probably out for the usual "three" weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

batistuta9 wrote: »
    arseblog keeps signing from that hymn sheet

if we'd bought we mightn't have drew with swansea, might have done better against city etc.

may as well say if we'd kept van persie and fabregas we'd have beat them or even better if we hadn't let swansea equalize arseanal would've went through

Maybe but who gives a s*** about prices? We want to see points and trophies.
    We are not shareholders.
    Our club is being run like a Two Euro shop. We don't mind the club making money and staying solvent but FFS spend some money and compete in the league and cups..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement