Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Lets be realistic for a minute, even with Gibbs or Monreal at LB, would that really make that much of a difference? They are the best team in Europe at the moment and we have more pressing issues facing us at moment. For me i'm hoping for 4th and the FA cup, if we beat Bayern, knowing our past luck we would draw Barca!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

2-2 now, Akpom just equalised, finishing the rebound after a great strike from Henderson (Irish lad!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It's a sad state of affairs that one more defensive injury could ruin our entire season. Very lax of the management if this happens. We have the bare bones of a defence at the minute. If Vermaillen doesn't make it or has another mishap then we have a raw little teenager as back-up for a big European game.

LB:
    Monreal
    Gibbs
    Vermaelen (if needed)
    Miquel (if really needed)

CB:
    Vermaelen
    Koscielny
    Mertesacker
    Sagna (if needed)
    Miquel
    Squillaci (if desperate)

RB:
    Sagna
    Jenkinson
    Ramsey (apparently)

Thats excluding the youth team who could be dipped into if needed. Out of all them Squillaci is the only one we dont want playing and he looks to be sixth choice now.

Injuries happen. You cant just sign 200 players, there are squad limits to prevent such a thing. Cant ask for a whole lot more than what we have. Just unfortunate to get injuries to the likes of Gibbs ahead of the Bayern games.

Coquelin played at both LB and RB last season, was quite competent too imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I think Jernade Meade would be in at LB ahead of Miquel

and Sagna would be played there ahead of the two of them if needs be

+ there's a story in one of the papers about Vermaelen having to get his second injection of the season in the same ankle & that it could be a serious, longer term problem with it, if it doesn't work

• Advertisement

There was once a time where we would bottle that game even with 11 men.
    Fans used to say, there are no divine rights to win, that really is pertinent to the league as it is today, look at Mancini yesterday, big LOL.
    Another top four finish on the cards for Wenger, but the team looks to be progressing for sure.

Guess who's back
    Guess who's back
    Guess who's back
    I'm ...

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Soups123 wrote: »
    not to the same extent of a Viera but better than previous years

I always wondered how many freekicks Vieira used to win just by picking the ball up after a tussle.

I seem to remember the ref's frequently blowing for free's after he had taken things into his own hands and picked up the ball :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

There was once a time where we would bottle that game even with 11 men.
    Fans used to say, there are no divine rights to win, that really is pertinent to the league as it is today, look at Mancini yesterday, big LOL.
    Another top four finish on the cards for Wenger, but the team looks to be progressing for sure.

OMG HIS BACK!!!:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

batistuta9 wrote: »
    I think Jernade Meade would be in at LB ahead of Miquel

and Sagna would be played there ahead of the two of them if needs be

+ there's a story in one of the papers about Vermaelen having to get his second injection of the season in the same ankle & that it could be a serious, longer term problem with it, if it doesn't work

I worry about vermaelen he isnt quite the player he was in my eyes injuries have held him back! Anymore long length injuries and i fear he might fade altogether and lose his place

I worry about vermaelen he isnt quite the player he was in my eyes injuries have held him back! Anymore long length injuries and i fear he might fade altogether and lose his place

was he ever as good as made out though? Or is he a decent enough player that had a good season?

I'm hoping one of them - vermaelen, mertesacker, koscielny - loses their place anyway after the summer

Arsenal need a quality CB, something they haven't had since Sol Campbell years ago

Ideally 2 better CB's would come in but i couldn't see it happening

I'd have not problem with them staying at the club, making up 4 CB's with someone of better quality, who they'd be competing to start alongside.

Look at who the teams that won the league since arsenal have had in their teams:
    Ferdinand, Vidic
    Terry
    Kompany
    None of the 3 arsenal players, even when at their best are at the same level as the others at theirs, they'll always be a level or two below

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Ya i agree a top draw centre back to rule the roost and get things sorted back there would be a good investment in the summer!
    Mertersacker and gibbs have come on a bit this year while i feel kosc sagna and verm have taken a step back injuries have not helped either. The new guy monreal hopefully turns out a solid investment it will be interesting to see them battle for first pick at lb

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

DenMan wrote: »
    Have a feeling West Brom will get something against Liverpool tonight. Fingers crossed!
    I hope you went to Paddies! Good call I'd never have backed that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭DenMan

Soups123 wrote: »
    I hope you went to Paddies! Good call I'd never have backed that

No. Should have though! Some result for the Baggies. Above Liverpool now in the table! Great result for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

No midweek football sucks, having to wait one more week for champions league is killer. Although might change my tune next week after the game.

Can say one thing though I don't want a season of no champions league football to look forward to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Pretty interesting game on TV3 if you're stuck?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

tv3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Just wondering, how many people here would forgo St Totteringham's Day if it meant we finished fifth but won the Champions League (Sp*rs being 4th obviously)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Noo

farna_boy wrote: »
    Just wondering, how many people here would forgo St Totteringham's Day if it meant we finished fifth but won the Champions League (Sp*rs being 4th obviously)?

Don't speak of such things!...it's making me all giggley inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭ronjo

If we won the Champions League I would prefer to finish 5th to their 4th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

It would rule. I would actually prefer that outcome to winning the league, let alone finishing above Spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Can say one thing though I don't want a season of no champions league football to look forward to.

In one way I agree but in a glass is half-full kind of way, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

1: This season, Sagna is the only one that can leave. Everyone else important has just signed up. We don't have the same worry as say Spurs do about keeping Bale.

2: We actually don't need that many players as long as this squad stays together. Another CF I'd say and that's it. People would say DMF but I think it's clear at this stage that Wenger is not going to play an out and out DMF and the next time we'll see an addition there is if Diaby is let go or when Arteta leaves.

3: it would be nice to focus on one competition. Part of the reason for Spurs/Everton getting so close to us in recent seasons is that we have these extra tough games.

4: It would clear some of the apathy the team has where we're shoe-ins for fourth place and the CL knockout rounds. A nice little kick up the backside to point out that we can always do worse, the flipside being we can always do better.

Obviously, it would be better to be in it than not but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world and definatly wouldn't be the worst year for it to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

gosplan wrote: »
    In one way I agree but in a glass is half-full kind of way, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

1: This season, Sagna is the only one that can leave. Everyone else important has just signed up. We don't have the same worry as say Spurs do about keeping Bale.

2: We actually don't need that many players as long as this squad stays together. Another CF I'd say and that's it. People would say DMF but I think it's clear at this stage that Wenger is not going to play an out and out DMF and the next time we'll see an addition there is if Diaby is let go or when Arteta leaves.

3: it would be nice to focus on one competition. Part of the reason for Spurs/Everton getting so close to us in recent seasons is that we have these extra tough games.

4: It would clear some of the apathy the team has where we're shoe-ins for fourth place and the CL knockout rounds. A nice little kick up the backside to point out that we can always do worse, the flipside being we can always do better.

Obviously, it would be better to be in it than not but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world and definatly wouldn't be the worst year for it to happen.
    This is fine until you remember that all the "new" money we are due to receive is dependent on CL qualification. As the old saying goes, no mon, no fun!

It could be a very slippery slope though. I could live with it for one year as long as we have a strong season next year in the league and qualify with ease for the following year.

The Europa League could be useful for blooding younger lads and giving fringe players fairly regular football, and it'd be a good chance to stick a trophy in the cabinet.

The danger is of course doing a Liverpool on it.

Quazzie wrote: »
    This is fine until you remember that all the "new" money we are due to receive is dependent on CL qualification. As the old saying goes, no mon, no fun!

Most of the new money is from the Prem League's new TV deal and new Emirates and Adidas sponsorship deals. The club's never been in a better state financially in fairness, regardless of whether we qualify or not next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

I'd say we need 3-5 players in all honesty. People saying we need only one - are you living under a rock? We're struggling for 4th, we are behind Spurs, miles behind United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Most of the new money is from the Prem League's new TV deal and new Emirates and Adidas sponsorship deals. The club's never been in a better state financially in fairness, regardless of whether we qualify or not next season.

I was reading today that with the new PL deal the bottom placed team in the 2013/2014 season will get as much prize money as the champions will this year. Madness

http://www.football365.com/f365-features/8496813/F365-Focus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

I don't buy in to this whole taking pleasure out of your rivals pain thing, I always found it a bit pathetic, its so small time or something? The reason I hate Tottenham is because many times over the years they seem more obsessed with Arsenal than they do with themselves.

That "Them up the road" thread here last season being a prime example, they took so much pleasure out of our crisis at the start of that season and were thrilled to be ahead of us for so much of the season and they completely took the piss. They were having their best season in years and all they cared about was telling them up the road to mind the gap, not claiming the Champions League spot and pushing the Manchester clubs.

I actually think that attitude from their fans seeped into the team itself, they were looking back at Arsenal rather than looking forwards at the Manchester clubs, we beat them 5-2, they panicked, obsessed too much about their decreasing lead over Arsenal and collapsed.

I hope that kind of crap doesn't take off within our club, concentrate more on ourselves and finishing as high as we can, who cares what the rest do. We're not going to win the league so our next objective is to finish in the top 4. So I'll happily take 4th right now, even if Tottenham finished 3rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Same as you i never took notice of them, never gave them flack but that changed the year of the "Fish lasagne", they were ahead of us most of the season and i took a serious amount of flack from spurs supporters that i never said boo to. The dvd next day DVD's furthered my dislike of them. Look at all the player interviews over the past few years, it's either arsenal was an option but i wnet to spuds or we have to finish ahead of arsenal. Don't get me started on how wenger is copying the 60's spurs style of play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

If we had of taken care of business earlier on in the season we could be well up in the top 4 regardless of what spurs or anyone else done.But no we are left scrambling fro 4th again which makes the game against spurs massive.I still feel if we catch spurs we will catch Chelsea they are only 5 points ahead so its def doable we just cant afford to lose anymore games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

jordainius wrote: »
    I don't buy in to this whole taking pleasure out of your rivals pain thing, I always found it a bit pathetic, its so small time or something? The reason I hate Tottenham is because many times over the years they seem more obsessed with Arsenal than they do with themselves.

That "Them up the road" thread here last season being a prime example, they took so much pleasure out of our crisis at the start of that season and were thrilled to be ahead of us for so much of the season and they completely took the piss. They were having their best season in years and all they cared about was telling them up the road to mind the gap, not claiming the Champions League spot and pushing the Manchester clubs.

I actually think that attitude from their fans seeped into the team itself, they were looking back at Arsenal rather than looking forwards at the Manchester clubs, we beat them 5-2, they panicked, obsessed too much about their decreasing lead over Arsenal and collapsed.

I hope that kind of crap doesn't take off within our club, concentrate more on ourselves and finishing as high as we can, who cares what the rest do. We're not going to win the league so our next objective is to finish in the top 4. So I'll happily take 4th right now, even if Tottenham finished 3rd.

That's football though. I couldn't pretend that I don't care how Spurs do as long as we are going well. I DO care how they do and I would take great pleasure in seeing them fall apart again. Call me bitter, but fcuk it, I just don't like them. Saying that, AVB is actually a lot harder to hate than Harry.

Similarly, if another PL team is in the Champions League, I am going to shout for every other club before them. I've already had the misfortune of watching Utd, Liverpool, and Chelsea all win it (and watch Arsenal lose a final) in my lifetime, can you imagine if Spurs went and.....No, I'm not even going to say it.

Santi101 wrote: »
    I'd say we need 3-5 players in all honesty. People saying we need only one - are you living under a rock? We're struggling for 4th, we are behind Spurs, miles behind United.

Exactly, saying we only need one player is crazy. We need at least a winger, a dmf even if Wenger is adamant we don't , a cf, a cb and quite possibly a rb if Sagna is leaving or his form doesn't return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Exactly, saying we only need one player is crazy. We need at least a winger, a dmf even if Wenger is adamant we don't , a cf, a cb and quite possibly a rb if Sagna is leaving or his form doesn't return.

Dont forget a decent backup GK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Ive just realised that we play Manchester Utd April 28th, the 4th last fixture of the teams Premiership campaigns. Man Utd are currently 12 points ahead of Man City. There is a possibility (long way to go yet I know) that they could win the title at the Emirates with a point or a win. Now that would be a sickener in more ways than one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭ronjo

Ive just realised that we play Manchester Utd April 28th, the 4th last fixture of the teams Premiership campaigns. Man Utd are currently 12 points ahead of Man City. There is a possibility (long way to go yet I know) that they could win the title at the Emirates with a point or a win. Now that would be a sickener in more ways than one.

Or more likely they will have already won it and have been out on the p*ss :D

Have to say I am really looking forward to this game tonight. Its far more enjoyable watching a game like this when your team is still in the tournament...... unlike many others I could mention ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Honestly don't think we'd let RVP seal the title at the Emirates !!! Jack Would rather die

• Advertisement

The Emirates deal is linked to performance, champions league qualification at least is required, fúck knows what else

i never thought the deal was as good as made out because it's both jersey & stadium name, that along with it performance clause, really clouds it

also, last season Arsenal had their least amount of televised games in recent times - obviously because of poor league finishes - this will probably keep happening or not go back up anyway if they don't start challenging for the league and that has an impact on TV money - 50% is split between the 20 clubs, the other 50% is awarded based on televised games you play in, so much per game

Season tickets are another concern for them money wise, they sent out the renewals early this year

do you the money for the europa league?
    No club would be better off financially or any other way, especially not arsenal, in the europa league compared to the CL

having to use some of the new money to cover what they've lost/potentially will lose isn't what they'd want to be doing with it

+ players are already seeing tottenham as a better option as it is, what would happen if the 2 clubs reversed UEFA competitions

What players view Tottenham as a better option??

We have virtually no debt, huge matchday revenue and will get a guaranteed cash injection from sponsorship and tv deals next year. The Emirates deal is confirmed at £150m over 5 years, it has nothing to do with performance, and the Adidas deal it's rumoured will be in the £15m a season range on top.

Of course the EL is not lucrative, given that logic I'd go back to why any player would think Tottenham are a better option, but I honestly don't think it would be anywhere near as damaging to the club this season than it would have been in the lasagne season, especially considering the main core of the team is signed up and unlikely to go anywhere. I'd be shocked if Bale is at Spurs for another season tbh.

Jeez, it's not like I don't want us to qualify!

Yeh the only player I can think of who viewed Spurs as a better option was Vertonghen who cited his main reason as he felt his chances of first team football were better at Spurs and for me that just show he viewed Spurs as a better option because of 1. He lacked ambition 2. He viewed Spurs squad weaker than our own.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

do you the money for the europa league?
    No club would be better off financially or any other way, especially not arsenal, in the europa league compared to the CL

I stand to be corrected, but the CL is worth in region of £40 million to a club and the EL about £1 million or so.

What players view Tottenham as a better option??

We have virtually no debt, huge matchday revenue and will get a guaranteed cash injection from sponsorship and tv deals next year. The Emirates deal is confirmed at £150m over 5 years, it has nothing to do with performance, and the Adidas deal it's rumoured will be in the £15m a season range on top.

Holtby, Vertonghen though he's a yid i think (tottenham supporter, not an anti semitic statement), two examples.
    Load of players would, tottenham are considered the better footballing side nowadays too

What i said earlier about the club issuing season ticket renewals earlier - was meant to show they're worried about it as it is, what would/will it be like if that fourth place trophy or any other isn't hoisted?

No clauses? quit your jibber jabber, fool :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2252281/Arsenal-warned-Emirates-win-cut-sponsorship.html
    Emirates senior vice-president Boutros Boutros confirmed that the Dubai-based airline, which puts its name to both the stadium and Arsenal's shirts, are planning to impose results-based precautions as part of any new deal.
    'There are certain clauses, from 2015, that we pay them a percentage less if they don't perform,' said Boutros.
    'The Champions League is part of the new contract. It's just to keep them on their toes.
    'It's fair to us and fair to them.'

kit deal is around £12mil now, it's rumoured to be doubled

Of course the EL is not lucrative, given that logic I'd go back to why any player would think Tottenham are a better option, but I honestly don't think it would be anywhere near as damaging to the club this season than it would have been in the lasagne season, especially considering the main core of the team is signed up and unlikely to go anywhere. I'd be shocked if Bale is at Spurs for another season tbh.

Jeez, it's not like I don't want us to qualify!

Are you that blinkered/stubborn to say that arsenal are as far ahead of tottenham now, than they have been in the past?
    Tottenham are a team on the up, as they've shown - attractive to players
    what have arsenal shown? We're stagnating for nearly a decade now, time to move on, not to come and play in the EL next season

The only difference for most would be the CL & wenger, but AVB will entice a lot of guys to tottenham that 'arry wouldn't have, he's a good manager & respected - in fact i've even said i wouldn't mind him taking over from wenger

Arsenal will be very very lucky to have nobody enquiring about their better players, contracts or not, can you imagine what a season in the EL would do? It wouldn't just be instigated by other clubs, but by agents of the players, possibly even the players themselves

The 5 young lads that signed, bar wilshere, where would they be going realistically? Them lot wouldn't be bought by anyone that would better what they have at arsenal, starting spots with a CL club (we hope), england recognition, a team/manager known to give youth a chance.

• Advertisement

Holtby? You mean a player we were rumoured to be interested in but never any concrete proof shown or stated by Arsenal or the player himself that we were after him, just twitter rumours?

Lets not start believing everything you read the only one player we have that chose them over us is Vertonghen and none of his reasons were because he felt Spurs were a better team.

Why would we want Holtby when we have Wilshere and Cazorla who play the same position? Far more likely that we weren't even interested in him.

right then exclude Holtby

but a talented young player available on a free, you think wenger wasn't tempted?

right then exclude Holtby

but a talented young player available on a free, you think wenger wasn't tempted?

A player who's best position is that of attacking central midfielder which is one of the few positions were not weak in.

By your reason sure why wasn't every team in for him United, Barca etc after all he is a young player available on a free ;).

A player who's best position is that of attacking central midfielder which is one of the few positions were not weak in.

By your reason sure why wasn't every team in for him United, Barca etc after all he is a young player available on a free ;).

because they spend christmas :D

but we are on the wings we're weak enough, could've moved cazorla there - though i rather him in the middle personally
    but something like that could've been a possible plan, & what does wenger care about players best positions? :pac:

because they spend christmas :D

but we are on the wings we're weak enough, could've moved cazorla there - though i rather him in the middle personally
    but something like that could've been a possible plan, & what does wenger care about players best positions? :pac:

:pac: very true Wenger tends to pick his own positions for players and hates spending money.

But I just don't buy we were for him we have no reason to believe we were other that the tremendous world of twitter rumours ;),

I know were weak on the wings but Id much rather see us buy a proper winger instead of another Arshavin and trying to shove him out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

A lot of talk that M'Vila has been caught up in the underage prostitute stuff with some of the other French lads. If true, guess we know why Wenger suddenly went so cold on signing him.

Holtby, Vertonghen though he's a yid i think (tottenham supporter, not an anti semitic statement), two examples.
    Load of players would, tottenham are considered the better footballing side nowadays too

What i said earlier about the club issuing season ticket renewals earlier - was meant to show they're worried about it as it is, what would/will it be like if that fourth place trophy or any other isn't hoisted?

No clauses? quit your jibber jabber, fool :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2252281/Arsenal-warned-Emirates-win-cut-sponsorship.html

Are you that blinkered/stubborn to say that arsenal are as far ahead of tottenham now, than they have been in the past?
    Tottenham are a team on the up, as they've shown - attractive to players
    what have arsenal shown? We're stagnating for nearly a decade now, time to move on, not to come and play in the EL next season

The only difference for most would be the CL & wenger, but AVB will entice a lot of guys to tottenham that 'arry wouldn't have, he's a good manager & respected - in fact i've even said i wouldn't mind him taking over from wenger.

Tottenham may currently have a decent team (although thye've certainly been a bit of a one man team the past few weeks), but they are nowhere near as big a club as Arsenal, and are a long, long way from ever being.

You might think we're stagnating but by comparison Tottenham are pond life in prestige terms.

Holtby was never linked to us in any paper that I read, even the paragon of truth your quoting from above, or by anyone of any credibility on twitter or elsewhere. And as others have said it's hard to see why we would have been interested.

That clause you're talking about clearly says from 2015, so it would be dependent on us not qualifying for the next 3 seasons. The £30m this summer is guaranteed, as I said.

You're gonna have to lighten up man, pessimism at all costs and following Arsenal must be an absolute nightmare combination!

Tottenham may currently have a decent team (although thye've certainly been a bit of a one man team the past few weeks), but they are nowhere near as big a club as Arsenal, and are a long, long way from ever being.

You might think we're stagnating but by comparison Tottenham are pond life in prestige terms.

I never said they were as big a club, that isn't or wasn't the point but anyway...

prestige is nice and all if you're into that, Genoa are the 4th most successful club in terms of league titles in Italy, they last won the league in 1924, 1924 you can't beat a bit of prestige - if you're into it

What you've achieved in the past doesn't matter, it what you do in the future

1990: Liverpool 18 league titles, Man Utd 7 league titles
    2011: you know the rest

Holtby was never linked to us in any paper that I read, even the paragon of truth your quoting from above, or by anyone of any credibility on twitter or elsewhere. And as others have said it's hard to see why we would have been interested.

I said take Holtby out of it then, but also gave a plausible reason why we would have been interested

& he was linked to arsenal in the papers & on footy sites, arsenal & l'pool then the story was about his dad is an everton supporter
    That clause you're talking about clearly says from 2015, so it would be dependent on us not qualifying for the next 3 seasons. The £30m this summer is guaranteed, as I said.

You're gonna have to lighten up man, pessimism at all costs and following Arsenal must be an absolute nightmare combination!

That clause is in the new deal agreed - the one you stated twice, didn't have any performance conditions attached

& you said nothing about 30mil this summer :pac: you said this "The Emirates deal is confirmed at £150m over 5 years, it has nothing to do with performance"

they've advanced them 30mil simple. New contract is starting from the 14/15 season

Point is tottenham have made up ground in recent seasons to arsenal on the pitch & the last thing we'd want now is tottenham becoming a CL clun and arsenal a EL one

I'm not pessimistic but you said arsenal are debt free, they're not to bad off with it anyway, scrimping time has to come to an end and the club push on again

the penny pinching worked reasonably well, a trophy or two during that period would have sweetened it a bit, but anyway, it's time to move on and realistically challenge for major trophies again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Had a dream last night that we beat Bayern 10-3.

Seems likely...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement