Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

Nice to see Jack, Theo and Santi coming on as subs all the same. Wouldn't like to be Blackburn looking at that speed coming on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,450 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Three very ordinary players off.
    Three very good players on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Balls :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

aaaaaand 1-0 to Blackburn. :/

Oh dear...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Turns out my stream is delayed. god damn.

Yet another poor goalkeeping error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Bizarre goal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Dreadful stuff

• Advertisement

How Giroud hasn't scored that is beyond me

There's an awful sense of inevitably here

Off side my ass.

Nowhere near offside.

Diaby, Arteta and Giroud have been woefully slow on the ball.

Mike Dean again using any excuse to punish Arsenal. No free at all.

Mike Dean's a moron

Not gonna happen. Header straight at the keeper.

Only losing by a goal to a team in a division below us isn't an awful result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

4 minutes. HUGE 4 minutes!

Arteta's just had an awful 3 minutes. Ridiculously bad cross in a great situation then that shot..

Naturally Mike Dean would blow up 94 on the dot despite it being a minimum of 4 minutes and there being time wasting in there. Despise him.

Arteta really stinking the place out the last 5 minutes or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Pathetic yet again

Just when you think this lot can't get any worse, Blackburn are **** a mess of a club and still we could barely hit a shot against them

How Wenger is getting away with this is beyond me, losses to Bradford and Blackburn in the cup with strong teams but out to win and absolutely poxy league campaign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

What a sad state of affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

I knew Rovers would nick it. Not much hope against Bayern if we cannot even beat or draw with Rovers. Is it too early to say Wenger out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'd rather we release Gervinho on a free this evening than see him play for us again. What the hell did Wenger and the scouts see in him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Huge shock! Blackburn put in a great display today in defence. Blackburn seemed to want this so much more.

Blackburn are a joke.

We are now a worse joke.

Horrible.

I could take the inevitable hammering that Bayern will give us if we'd put blackburn away.

I'm disgusted at this team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Yay the over-reactions are back! Missed them since we've been winning games lately :pac:

Giroud isn't the future at CF either, you can't be that anonymous for a team like Arsenal when you have 70% of the possession.

Also this has no bearing on the Bayern game tbh, we will be playing different players and Bayern won't be parking the bus.

Podolski sorely missed.

• Advertisement

What a load of shit. Awful

Far too many ordinary players in the squad.
    Fergie wouldn't keep a lot of them.
    Time to ship out. This team is going nowhere.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Yay the over-reactions are back! Missed them since we've been winning games lately :pac:

You were happy with that then ?
    No wonder we win nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Another trophyless year, and our season all but over in Europe if this display is anything to go by. All we can hope (slim as it is) for is to finish 4th.

For me regardless of if we do or don't I think we really need to look at a new manager next season. Some of his decisions are borderline ridiculous, and this is based on many things. His team selection is poor, his preparation requires much improvement and his tactical reading of the game leaves a lot to be desired. All that doesn't even take into account the fact that his acquisition of players is very poor. We are indeed a side in decline and the only step to halt this before it goes too far is new management.

The thread is in a state of meltdown for the next 24 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Frisbee wrote: »
    I'd rather we release Gervinho on a free this evening than see him play for us again. What the hell did Wenger and the scouts see in him?

Haircut?

how is being pissed off at that abject pathetic **** an over reaction??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Far too many ordinary players in the squad.
    Fergie wouldn't keep a lot of them.
    Time to ship out. This team is going nowhere.

Down the pan.

So that was acceptable? Anyone who isn't complaining is beyond me that was pure **** to a **** Championship team

Soups123 wrote: »
    So that was acceptable? Anyone who isn't complaining is beyond me that was pure **** to a **** Championship team

The best chance we had in 8 years to win something and we **** up yet again.
    Yet some people think we are over-reacting. Puzzling in the extreme. Maybe they don't want success.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Soups123 wrote: »
    Some people go overboard complaining after a game. If Arsenal won 6-0 today there is nobody that could say it was undeserved. They completely controlled the game and just couldn't get put it in the net. You will have games like this from time to time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Frisbee wrote: »

They must have gotten him mixed up with his twin brother that plays for the Ivory Coast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

eagle eye wrote: »
    Some people go overboard complaining after a game. If Arsenal won 6-0 today there is nobody that could say it was undeserved. They completely controlled the game and just couldn't get put it in the net. You will have games like this from time to all the time.

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

You were happy with that then ?
    No wonder we win nothing.

Nope, but considering the thread goes into meltdown when we lose, it's an accurate statement. You can pretty much guarantee what is going to be said. Too late now, as most of it has already been said and the match is hardly over.

Compare it to when we win. People will point out what wasnt good enough but do so in a controlled manner which means good points get made. When we lose everything is wrong, the whole team needs to be shot, Wenger needs to be sacked etc etc etc. Always massive over-reactions when we lose.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Some people go overboard complaining after a game. If Arsenal won 6-0 today there is nobody that could say it was undeserved. They completely controlled the game and just couldn't get put it in the net. You will have games like this from time to time.

Yes indeed. We seem to have a lot of those games.

LOL

Our last 11 matches have finished as follows:

Won:
    Sunderland (a) 1-0
    Stoke (h) 1-0
    Brighton (a) 3-2
    West Ham (h) 5-0
    Swansea (h) 1-0

Drew:
    Liverpool (h) 2-2
    Swansea (a) 2-2
    Southampton (a) 2-2

Lost:
    Blackburn (h) 1-0
    Chelsea (a) 2-1
    Man City (h) 2-0

If you're wondering why I picked 11 matches, the 10 most recent were in a handy table on statto and I added today's in. How many good results are there?
    You actually have to go back to last year to improve the rolling numbers, which is hardly "lately".

Nope, but considering the thread goes into meltdown when we lose, it's an accurate statement. You can pretty much guarantee what is going to be said. Too late now, as most of it has already been said and the match is hardly over.

Compare it to when we win. People will point out what wasnt good enough but do so in a controlled manner which means good points get made. When we lose everything is wrong, the whole team needs to be shot, Wenger needs to be sacked etc etc etc. Always massive over-reactions when we lose.

That would be fine if we had just lost to Everton or something. We've lost to Blackburn, an average championship team, at home.

As much as people moan there are the same people who just complain about the moaning.

It was **** today pure and simple the moans about Wenger are not just about today it's because of the continueing decline with this season being the height of it

Very few clubs chasing honors would accept this why should we

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I like Szezsney but he makes too many mistakes for me. We need someone who's not going to mess up when it really matters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

FACT: Arsenal have gone 8 years without winning a single trophy - players that have left since then have won 53 trophies combined.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement