Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Wenger said this season was a good chance for us to win the league.

Is he joking? Because im not laughing!

He's taking the Pi** and doing it too often now.
    No respect for the paying fans at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ugsparky

Walcott to score 1st and arsenal to win either 2-0 or 3-0 is 11/1 with skybet (double chance)...i don't know how confident i am of our defence not conceding though

Don't want to rain on your parade but I think your bet is knackered. West Ham to score first from a corner or set piece - probably Nolan - then we score two or three late second half goals ... it is Arsenal remember :pac: ... and Fat Sam will try his best to play 12 at the back :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Diaby probably out for the usual "three" weeks.

Nah, Diaby is just being rested. Wenger is right to not play him three times in one week so soon after coming back.

Acid test today. My girlfriend is a WHU fan. First time we'll be watching a match together.

We'd better win! :pac:

Acid test today. My girlfriend is a WHU fan. First time we'll be watching a match together.

3 -- 1 with Giroud scoring first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I know our midfield doesn't have much bite, but with no Diaby, Arteta or Coquelin who is going to play the holding role. Ramsey or Rosicky - or even Ox ?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ugsparky

... is this wise ? It could end in tears ... she could break your heart ... would you not consider a nice country lass who supports the Gunners ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

greendom wrote: »
    I know our midfield doesn't have much bite, but with no Diaby, Arteta or Coquelin who is going to play the holding role. Ramsey or Rosicky - or even Ox ?

Wilshire and Rambo (who will do really well) with Santi further forward.

ugsparky wrote: »
    ... is this wise ? It could end in tears ... she could break your heart ... would you not consider a nice country lass who supports the Gunners ?

But his nickname is .... Bubbles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭babymanval

Who takes Arsenal's pens when Arteta is sidelined?? Arsenal v West Ham has turned up 4 pens in last 5 matches...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

babymanval wrote: »
    Who takes Arsenal's pens when Arteta is sidelined?? Arsenal v West Ham has turned up 4 pens in last 5 matches...

Podolski, if I remember correctly.

ugsparky wrote: »

I think it's time for her to meet the real me and the family...

...The Mercantiles a good bar for a date I said...

:D

I mentioned some time ago that Celtic's Victor Wanyama might be a useful midfielder and do a job for us and I see Wenger is showing interest in him. I was impressed with him in the Barcelona match. He is big, strong and has a good engine from what I have seen of him. Might not cost too much either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Is the game on the box?

batistuta9 wrote: »
    between them; meaning around 400k each, not around 2mil each

I actually read it wrong...how embarrassing :o

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I mentioned some time ago that Celtic's Victor Wanyama might be a useful midfielder and do a job for us and I see Wenger is showing interest in him. I was impressed with him in the Barcelona match. He is big, strong and has a good engine from what I have seen of him. Might not cost too much either.

If braught either him or Diame plus Villa in then I'd be delighted.

People might say Diame & Wanyama aren't good enough, well I don't really think we need a world class player in the midfield what we need is someone who will work their socks off and provide strength in depth so we can rotate more. I think either of Diame or Wanyama could provide that in spades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

M'vila to rubin kazan is a done deal its been reported on sky sports so scratch any late bid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Hi is the arsenal match live on TV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

babymanval wrote: »

Cazorla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Arsenal.com ‏@Arsenal

Arsenal team: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla, Walcott, Podolski, Giroud. #AFCvWHU

Thats the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

dvemail wrote: »
    Arsenal.com ‏@Arsenal

Arsenal team: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla, Walcott, Podolski, Giroud. #AFCvWHU

Thats the team.

Happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

Happy with that.

Ed, you don't have too many alternatives to that team, so its good you're happy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If braught either him or Diame plus Villa in then I'd be delighted.

People might say Diame & Wanyama aren't good enough, well I don't really think we need a world class player in the midfield what we need is someone who will work their socks off and provide strength in depth so we can rotate more. I think either of Diame or Wanyama could provide that in spades.

Agree totally. I don't think Mikel, Carrick, Parker or Barry are world-class and they have been the main DMs for the other sides at the top of the table in recent seasons.

It's really about having a consistent performer who knows their role and lets the attacking players we have get on with their job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Just saw this, pretty funny video of the Ivory Coast team being interviewed. Gervihno gets roasted and it turns out Eboué is actually one of the most valued members of the squad. I miss him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Stadium is half empty.

gosplan wrote: »
    The negativity in here is ridiculous.

How much have we to be positive about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

That'll do nicely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

The treble's back on.

Walcott and Podolskis celebration.

BBUzsPbCcAAbtoc.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Vital 3 points. Not great in the first half but made up for it.

Good win tonight. Well done team.
    Hope Wenger doesn't think that because we had a very comfortable win against a very average team that we don't need strengthening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I wish every team would give us loads of space and play a high line like that

Good win tonight. Well done team.
    Hope Wenger doesn't think that because we had a very comfortable win against a very average team that we don't need strengthening.

Any comment on the training ground move for the corner ? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just looking at some of the goals, Giroud loves that little flick :D

greendom wrote: »
    Any comment on the training ground move for the corner ? ;)

My link broke down for that goal but if it worked then it's about time we got something from a placed ball. What did you think of Wally's free-kick ?;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Good win. Podolski was quality he really is doing more than his bit for a wide left. Passion, drive and quality really taking to him.

Nice to see Giroud get 2 wish he didn't drop deep or wide as much as he does he's really effective around the box.

Nice win part 1/3 done

What's the story with Diame on the bench, rested or dropped because it was Arsenal and his head has been turned

My link broke down for that goal but if it worked then it's about time we got something from a placed ball. What did you think of Wally's free-kick ?;)

http://goonertalk.com/2013/01/23/video-giroud-scores-twice-as-arsenal-put-five-past-west-ham/

Funny enough my stream went down for the Walcott free-kick (think I got the better end of the deal ;) )

I don't like to see him taking free-kicks but he's proved himself as effective as anyone in our squad at taking corners this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

When Wenger was asked about signing he said he has to leave early to get some
    Work done!!

jonny666 wrote: »
    When Wenger was asked about signing he said he has to leave early to get some
    Work done!!

He must have to add up the fines money to see if we can afford anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Good result tonight with some great performances. Hope we can go on abit of a run and get some consistency in our game ahead of the CL game against Bayern next month.

Sergio wrote: »
    Good result tonight with some great performances. Hope we can go on abit of a run and get some consistency in our game ahead of the CL game against Bayern next month.

and what's the first thing coming up; a massive banana skin hiding under a towel at Brighton beach :pac:

Thought Ramsey fitted well into the Arteta role tonight. Maybe Arsene has finally found his position.
    Everyone played great tonight though, was quite a rare treat.

they were immense at the start of the 2nd half

there was a great bit of coverage of big sam & his assistant looking at their tactics/notebook, then you see them looking up quickly as arsenal broke again, podolski then crossed for walcott to finish :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

More of that please Lukas!!

batistuta9 wrote: »
    they were immense at the start of the 2nd half

there was a great bit of coverage of big sam & his assistant looking at their tactics/notebook, then you see them looking up quickly as arsenal broke again, podolski then crossed for walcott to finish :D

Forgotten how much i missed the quick counter attack that was our trade mark back in the day. And with the speed almost all of our midfielders possess we should look to utilise it more often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Just finished watching the highlights on Sky avoided the score until then, when I saw the first goal go in first thoughts were oh not again, but have to say delighted with the result in the end and to see all the players chip in with goals, but Podolski for me was our stand out performer a wonderful goal and two great assists, hes a player Ive really warmed to since we signed him.

Hes started off brilliantly then went off the boil for a bit but the last two games hes played now hes been one of our best performers and you always feel he can be a threat to any team once he gets the balls in around there final third.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just finished watching the highlights on Sky avoided the score until then, when I saw the first goal go in first thoughts were oh not again, but have to say delighted with the result in the end and to see all the players chip in with goals, but Podolski for me was our stand out performer a wonderful goal and two great assists, hes a player Ive really warmed to since we signed him.

Hes started off brilliantly then went off the boil for a bit but the last two games hes played now hes been one of our best performers and you always feel he can be a threat to any team once he gets the balls in around there final third.

3 Assists :)

dvemail wrote: »
    Thought Ramsey fitted well into the Arteta role tonight. Maybe Arsene has finally found his position.
    Everyone played great tonight though, was quite a rare treat.
    He did okay but against stronger teams he'd be ineffective in that role, it's not in his make up to break up play. He's being doing well of the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I'm loving Podolski, he's scored some important goals for us, and he's scored a few scorchers too so far. Loving that hammer of a left he has.

/sigh imagine the scorchio's if we still had RvP.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement