Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Been a fan for 20 years but today is my first time going to a game. Excited is an understatement :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Anyone know if Arsenal v Everton match next weekend is going ahead?

Does it depend on the result of Oldham v Everton?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

AdamD wrote: »
    Hes comparing 2 players goal records, not the state of the club at those times. Its not hard to follow.

Don't put words in my mouth either.

Comparing two players 14 years apart in completely different teams and the teams being in different situations is as ridiculous as comparing me now to when I was 12.
    I don't think Giroud's been a complete flop but he's not good enough either and him being our main striker shows where the club is at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

superfrank wrote: »

It's tottenham next w'end, the everton games on the 9th

but yeah if everton win the replay it'll be rescheduled

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Been a fan for 20 years but today is my first time going to a game. Excited is an understatement :)

Ah brilliant, take it all in have a good look around the stadium loads too see

I love this post were going through a rough patch and this fella is excited bout gonna see his team play.

No whinging saying he doesn't love the club anymore, nothing about I can't watch us anymore, didn't even mention a crisis

Just pure excited too see his club play

Once again I love this post

Respect to you sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

anyone on twitter following the Gary Neville and Piers Morgan argument? I think Neville is tearing him to shreds raising some excellent points about the stadium, etc.

batistuta9 wrote: »

It's tottenham next w'end, the everton games on the 9th

but yeah if everton win the replay it'll be rescheduled

Spuds at the lane

That's what it's all about

Spuds at the lane

That's what it's all about

Cant wait!!

Raf32 wrote: »
    anyone on twitter following the Gary Neville and Piers Morgan argument? I think Neville is tearing him to shreds raising some excellent points about the stadium, etc.

No, but I'm going on to look at it now, thanks for the head up :pac:

when did it start

• Advertisement

No, but I'm going on to look at it now, thanks for the head up :pac:

when did it start

About an hour ago. Absolutely love Gary Neville lately lol

Raf32 wrote: »
    About an hour ago. Absolutely love Gary Neville lately lol

there's a tweet from Morgan on it 20 hours ago
    "UPDATE: 2,834 days since Arsenal won a trophy. #WengerOut"

look at the replies he gets :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Arsenal.com ‏@Arsenal
    Arsenal: Szczesny, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Monreal, Arteta, Diaby, Wilshere, Walcott, Giroud, Cazorla

No Poldi :(

Subs: Mannone, Koscielny, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Gervinho, Podolski

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Made it difficult for ourselves but a win is a win. Cazorla was class today, more of that please Santi.

No statement of intent towards Sp*rs or Bayern. I see us getting torn to shreds in both games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Very poor performance against a poor outfit today.
    There is something seriously wrong with things at Arsenal.
    That performance wouldn't trouble Spurs at all.

No statement of intent towards Sp*rs or Bayern. I see us getting torn to shreds in both games.

We were second best til the sending off last time, wouldn't fancy us to get a result at all.

A win is a win lets worry about spurs next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Not really sure why people think spurs are anywhere close to Bayern. Bayern are one of the best teams in Europe and with a bit of luck could win the Champions League. spurs arent. Putting them together is a joke.

• Advertisement

Ramsey slotted into RB again today, also filled in at RW this season, never hides always gives everything

Type of player arsenal need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ramsey slotted into RB again today, also filled in at RW this season, never hides always gives everything

Type of player arsenal need

You sent him a valentines card didn't ya?:p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Poor stuff from the Arse today

F***in roll on Spurs next week :mad:

Couple of tweets here from GeoffArsenal for anybody that believes what he says.

Geoff Arsenal ‏@GeoffArsenal

Had a good chat today. We are definitely going to spend big in the Summer. There is money available and i was told AW has his targets.
    Expand

Very confident our transfer record will be smashed.
    Expand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

dvemail wrote: »

City/Barca/Madrid/PSG will bid 40 Million for Wilshere.

Is he not the same person who said we would sign Villa in Jan?

iMuse wrote: »
    City/Barca/Madrid/PSG will bid 40 Million for Wilshere.

Is he not the same person who said we would sign Villa in Jan?

He is pretty reliable and one of the few sources who I would count as relibale on twitter, he did say we made a 30 million bid in January and also said that wasn't dead after the window closed, the tweets today do also tie in with what Wenger said today as regards funds and transfers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Where's the love for the Arse?

We've had the worst week in a long time and if anything, the players deserve credit for not spiralling into a total collapse today.

You were never going to get a brilliant performance today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Hopefully City beat Chelsea tomorrow and West Ham beat Spurs on Monday evening - we're right back among them then and they both will be of the thinking they can win the Europa League so will get caught up in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Hopefully City beat Chelsea tomorrow and West Ham beat Spurs on Monday evening - we're right back among them then and they both will be of the thinking they can win the Europa League so will get caught up in that.

I think both games will be score draws. Will have a wee wager in the morning.

gosplan wrote: »

We've had the worst week in a long time and if anything, the players deserve credit for not spiralling into a total collapse today.

True but much like the performance today I think everyone's still nervous and worried by the performance. But a win is a win and happy with the three points.

Jack our savior. Could be photo shopped but it's pretty cool.

20ea824a2d7d9bc5c64af4890fb677fd_large

• Advertisement

Could be photo shopped

You cynic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Couple of tweets here from GeoffArsenal for anybody that believes what he says.

Had a good chat today. We are definitely going to spend big in the Summer. There is money available and i was told AW has his targets.
    Expand

Expand

If this is true and its a very big if based on previous transfer windows, than it is vitally important that we get top 4 and a champions league place. Would be typical to suddenly start spending big only to be rejected by top players because we arent playing in the champions league.

Didnt see the match today, but just relieved that we got the win as anything but would have been a disaster. Massive game next week against Spurs. The fixture against them at the Emirates last season proved to be the turning point for both clubs last season. Hopefully more of the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

gosplan wrote: »

Just like every other day :P Joking

I cant believe all the pessimism after the Villa game. We won, we are 2 points off third without putting together any run of form, if anything we're unbeaten in 5 with 4 wins (I think) is probably the best we've played all season. Of course it's disappointing to watch us play so badly but the likes of Chelsea and spurs aren't playing amazing either.

I'm not saying we'll get top 4 though I believe we will but we should cut the team some slack esp the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

About 4 or 5 pages about Wenger in todays paper slating him, that media havent a clue even one paper suggested a 11 that Wenger was trying to build and had Clichy right back on Song left wing, just utterly clueless some of these clowns are.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

2 points off third lads :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Mickeroo wrote: »

Also five points ahead of everton now I just noticed.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Also five points ahead of everton now I just noticed.

Yep, hopefully tomorrow nights result will go our way too. The win yesterday wasn't pretty but it was a massive 3 points tbh.

Chelsea and Spurs both have tougher run-ins and Liverpool have a handy one aside from the matches against them. If all the teams play to form for the rest of the season there'll be about 5 points covering 3rd-6th/7th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Mickeroo wrote: »

Amazing to think that Wenger is getting slated in the media, whereas the likes of Pardew or Moyes gets applauded for there efforts with a similar squad to ours in terms of quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Arsenal (47 pts):

Tottenham (A)
    Everton (H)
    Swansea (A)
    Reading (H)
    West Brom (A)
    Norwich (H)
    Fulham (A)
    Man United (H)
    QPR (A)
    Wigan (H)
    Newcastle (A)

spurs (48 pts, 1 game in hand):

West Ham (A)
    Arsenal (H)
    Liverpool (A)

Fulham (H)
    Swansea (A)
    Everton (H)
    Chelsea (A)
    Man City (H)

Wigan (A)
    Southampton (H)
    Stoke (A)
    Sunderland (H)

On top of at least two more European matches.

Chelsea (49 points):

West Brom (H)
    Fulham (H)
    West Ham (H)
    Southampton (A)
    Sunderland (H)
    Tottenham (H)
    Liverpool (A)

Swansea (H)
    Man Utd (A)
    Aston Villa (A)
    Everton (H)

On top of at least two more European matches, and one more FA Cup match.

Bar United, we have a very good chance in each of those games. Chelsea and spurs have quite a few tricky ties left. Everton I think will need to beat all three of them to get back into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Walcott 18 (11)
    Giroud 14 (9)
    Podolski 13 (9)
    Cazorla 11 (11)
    Gervinho 5 (3)
    Arteta 4 (4)
    Mr. Owen Goal 3 (3)
    Chamakh 2 (0)
    Koscielny 2 (1)
    Oxlade-Chamberlain 2 (1)
    Wilshere 2 (0)
    Arshavin 1 (0)
    Gibbs 1 (0)
    Mertesacker 1 (1)
    Miquel 1 (0)
    Ramsey 1 (0)
    Rosicky 1 (0)
    Vermaelen 1 (0)

(League goals in brackets)

Mad that all Santi's goals are in the league.

Think with the love in for Bale at Spurs, Walcott's impressive form has been over looked. Both are similar in that they can blow hot and cold but I do believe that Theo's stats for the last 3 seasons have been better.

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Think with the love in for Bale at Spurs, Walcott's impressive form has been over looked. Both are similar in that they can blow hot and cold but I do believe that Theo's stats for the last 3 seasons have been better.

Bale has more influence on games though & is a more important player in the team to totenham than walcott is to arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Amazing to think that Wenger is getting slated in the media, whereas the likes of Pardew or Moyes gets applauded for there efforts with a similar squad to ours in terms of quality.

do newcastle or everton shell out 140+ million in wages a year? one of the reasons hes getting slated is because relative to our income and what were spending were struggling.

sonic85 wrote: »
    do newcastle or everton shell out 140+ million in wages a year? one of the reasons hes getting slated is because relative to our income and what were spending were struggling.

Exactly Evertons annual wage bill is less than half of ours.

Exactly Evertons annual wage bill is less than half of ours.

what %age is it to what everton take in?

sonic85 wrote: »

Same can be said for Chelsea and Man City really.

(plus newcastle are 14th)

Bale has more influence on games though & is a more important player in the team to totenham than walcott is to arsenal.

Bale is pretty much Tottenham isn't he? He plays well, they win pretty much. Can't think of anyone else that influences that team as he does. Least with Arsenal we have Theo, Santi and Jack that drive us on when on form. Maybe I'm doing a disservice to Tottenham but I couldn't pick out another key player for them. They don't get CL football I reckon he'll move - worryingly I think it'll be to the red half of Manchester.

• Advertisement

what %age is it to what everton take in?

That I have no idea, but you really can't compare the treatment Wenger get's to Moyes.

Wenger is manager at a big club with big wage bill were expectations are high.

Moyes manages a club were getting fifth is deemed a successful season under a much tighter budget with awage when compared against our own is tiny.

The pressure and media attention comes when taking on a big club its part and parcel, same for players who can be a big fish at a small club but buckle under the pressure of a move to a bigger club were they are no longer the star man.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement