Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    Why do you think we were in for David Villa if we score enough goals?

Last few games (Bayern excluded)

Shots: Arsenal 24 - 5 Aston Villa

Goals: Arsenal 2 - 1 Aston Villa

Shots: Arsenal 26 - 6 Blackburn

Goals: Arsenal 0 - 1 Blackburn

Shots: Sunderland 12 - 18 Arsenal

Goals: Sunderland 0 - 1 Arsenal

Shots: Stoke 5 - 15 Arsenal

Goals: Stoke 0 - 1 Arsenal

We score 0.013% of our shots

Opponents score 0.71% of their shots against us.

These figures are nowhere close and show despite our defensive issues, lack of firepower is killing us.

Yet we still have 5 more goals than Spurs in the league the team you think we need a prayer to beat ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Bale is not the best player in the league. He's on a hot streak of form. RVP, Aguero, Yaya Toure, David Silva, Jack Wilshere, Santi Cazorla, Luis Suarez, Wayne Rooney, Tevez, .....are ALL better IMO.

He's being hyped beyond belief. By Sky. He's good, but not unstoppable.

Post of the year !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

You sure those stats are correct?

I know Theo is streets ahead in terms of assists. But I didn't think he had 21 goals.

Apologies, you're right. According to the official website, he has 18 goals.

O

I kind of agree. But I'd take it over us finishing 5th and them 6th.

I would honestly settle for 17th if it meant they got relegated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

Im sorry did you just say Bale was the best player in the league? :eek::eek::eek::eek:. People need to stop believing the media hype machine, next youll be agreeing with Jeff Stelling and his statements that Bale is better than Ronaldo.

I do not think Bale is he best player in the league, but he is certainly one of the best players in form at the moment. If he gets any decent injury at all I think Spurs will capitulate mentally; they rely on him so much lately... If anyone is owed any prayers by God you know what to do to make this game easier!

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »
    I said at the moment? RVP is the best player in the league.

Not really he just the most best player in a team were he shines, put him a Barcelona team or even that United team he would no longer be the star man. Call it the Charlie Adams syndrome.

He is not the best player at the moment.

Yet we still have 5 more goals than Spurs in the league the team you think we need a prayer to beat ;).

I know but i'm only on about recent form ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

O

Well that's a horse of a different colour!

I'd take that all day :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

But he isnt in a barca or United shirt, he has scored 15 league goals for a winger and is carrying his team into the top 4. The comparasion to Charlie Adam is ridiculous.

I know but i'm only on about recent form ;)

Even on recent form we still don't need a prayer to beat Spurs, they are not world beaters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

But he isnt in a barca or United shirt, he has scored 15 league goals for a winger and is carrying his team to fourth. The comparasion to Charlie Adam is ridiculous.

Nearly as ridiculous as calling him a winger. ;)

Meanwhile, it's all over Twitter that there's a statue of Bergkamp going up outside the Emirates :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

But he isnt in a barca or United shirt, he has scored 15 league goals for a winger and is carrying his team into the top 4. The comparasion to Charlie Adam is ridiculous.

The Charlie Adam comparison is the most ridiculous thing i have ever read. All I will say is I would not swap Bale for anyone on the Arsenal team.

Even on recent form we still don't need a prayer to beat Spurs, they are not world beaters.

We're not even Championship or League Two beaters!!

Meanwhile, it's all over Twitter that there's a statue of Bergkamp going up outside the Emirates :)

About time.

I think we will beat Tottenham though!

I didn't compare him to Charlie Adams I said call it the Charlie Adams syndrome ;). Hes getting all the media hype because hes doing well in a smaller club were he shines much like Charlie Adams did at Blackpool or Modric did at Spurs.

We don't need one player to carry us this season we have a nice even spread of goals :).

I didn't compare him to Charlie Adams I said call it the Charlie Adams syndrome ;). Hes getting all the media hype because hes doing well in a smaller club t were he shines much like Charlie Adams did at Blackpool.

We don't need one player to carry us this season we have a nice even spread of goals :).

Totally agree, would not swap it for last season.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    The Charlie Adam comparison is the most ridiculous thing i have ever read. All I will say is I would not swap Bale for anyone on the Arsenal team.

Jack Wilshere without a doubt.

We're not even Championship or League Two beaters!!

Yet we still beat Spurs 5-2 the last two times we met ;).

Im not saying this Arsenal is perfect far from it regular posters will know Im one of the biggest critics of this team and the way things are going at the minute. But hell will freeze over before I feel we need a prayer to beat Spurs, or that Bale is the almighty superstar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

O

Not a dig at you personally, but this post saddens me a little bit. Not that long ago we didn't give a **** about where they were in the league because we were too busy winning stuff. I'd like those days back please; where Spurs were largely an irrelevance rather than the minor irritant they are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

I'd like that a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Can't beat the NLD to get this thread humming again

Win loose or draw, whatever bale or wilshere does one thing remains

I fcuking hate spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Nice

BEEPTi3CYAA_QWG.jpg:large

cson wrote: »
    Not a dig at you personally, but this post saddens me a little bit. Not that long ago we didn't give a **** about where they were in the league because we were too busy winning stuff. I'd like those days back please; where Spurs were largely an irrelevance rather than the minor irritant they are now.

No dig taken at all.

What saddens me is the people that would take 4th if Sp*rs were above us.

I'm an Arsenal fan. I hate really dislike Sp*rs.

I celebrate St Totteringhams Day, and have done since the late 90's. I love taking my €50 from my Sp*rs mates who time and time again, foolishly thought this year was theirs.

It's about a history between the two clubs.

This is about football and results as far as I'm concerned. While I do care about getting into CL, it's much, MUCH more important (to me) that we finish ahead of them.

They are our "enemy". Not United, Chelsea or City (or nowadays Everton or Liverpool :() They always have, and always will be. It's one of those things you accept being a gooner, imo.

Screw your media. This is North London

And North London is RED :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Nice

BEEPTi3CYAA_QWG.jpg:large

Looks more like seething you'd expect from Henry to me. Nice to see him getting a statue though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

L'prof wrote: »
    Looks more like seething you'd expect from Henry to me. Nice to see him getting a statue though.

Do you not remember this goal?? :D

Bergkamp-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Bale: 19 goals and 1 assist
    Walcott: 21 goals and 14 assists

Maybe it's them that should be sh1tting themselves.

According to this http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/67507/theo-walcott?cc=4716

Walcott has 19 goals and 13 assists if you count his England games. or 18 goals and 11 assists for Arsenal.

Bale has 22 goals and 7 assists if you count his Wales games or 19 goals and 6 assists excluding wales.

Different sites say different things though.

Walcott does play further up though, overall I think Walcott gets a bit of a hard time while Bale is slightly over hyped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

KingdomYid wrote: »

Of course.You'd have to give cash too.

Don't forget you're only Spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

With a Bergkamp statue on its way and Tottenham at the weekend I had to dig out one of my favourite videos. Still makes me smile :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Bale: 19 goals and 1 assist
    Walcott: 21 goals and 14 assists

Maybe it's them that should be sh1tting themselves.
    That is some stat :eek:

Gringo180 wrote: »
    That is some stat :eek:

It's actually wrong! There's different figures on different sites, annoying!

Our match against Everton has been rearranged for Tuesday 16th April 7.45pm.

I see Mignolet might be leaving Sunderland in the summer, would be a great signing for us.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No dig taken at all.

What saddens me is the people that would take 4th if Sp*rs were above us.

I'm an Arsenal fan. I hate really dislike Sp*rs.

I celebrate St Totteringhams Day, and have done since the late 90's. I love taking my €50 from my Sp*rs mates who time and time again, foolishly thought this year was theirs.

It's about a history between the two clubs.

This is about football and results as far as I'm concerned. While I do care about getting into CL, it's much, MUCH more important (to me) that we finish ahead of them.

They are our "enemy". Not United, Chelsea or City (or nowadays Everton or Liverpool :() They always have, and always will be. It's one of those things you accept being a gooner, imo.

Screw your media. This is North London

And North London is RED :D

Yeah I get that, but I guess the rivalry has never been much of a big deal to me. TBH I never really had an active dislike for Spurs until I started posting in this thread (posters like your good self have rubbed off on me though :D), they were just like any other perrenial mid table team to me. I've only ever really paid attention to Arsenal, and I ain't from London so all that stuff used to fly over my head really. Maybe that's why I think staying a champions league team and not falling further away from the teams who deserve to be called our rivals is more important to me than finishing above Spuds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

It's time Stan got a statue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

danlen wrote: »

Bergkamp-1.jpg

I do of course, but the flexibility isn't quite there!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

It's time Stan got a statue

He's too tight he'd probably prefer to get himself and step and just stand there instead

This is unbelievable when you see it all written down.

screen-shot-2013-02-27-at-3-33-53-pm.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

This is unbelievable when you see it all written down.

screen-shot-2013-02-27-at-3-33-53-pm.png
    The poor bastard - we all know where he'd be if he was a horse - no not on my plate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah I get that, but I guess the rivalry has never been much of a big deal to me. TBH I never really had an active dislike for Spurs until I started posting in this thread (posters like your good self have rubbed off on me though :D), they were just like any other perrenial mid table team to me. I've only ever really paid attention to Arsenal, and I ain't from London so all that stuff used to fly over my head really. Maybe that's why I think staying a champions league team and not falling further away from the teams who deserve to be called our rivals is more important to me than finishing above Spuds.

GET OUT

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

danlen wrote: »

Bergkamp-1.jpg

It'd be in memory of this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Modeled on this piece of control?

bergkamp_1681449a.jpg

Manzoor14 wrote: »

THAT's the one! I thought it was the ipswich one as well but he doesn't jump like that there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Manzoor14 wrote: »

Nice!

Would have loved if they modelled it on Dennis when he wacked Steve Lomas with an elbow :D

Arsenal and Dennis talking about the statue :), a true Arsenal legend and all time great.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-to-unveil-dennis-bergkamp-statue

Just in case anyone wants a head start on silly season :pac:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9898851/Arsenal-ready-to-break-wage-barrier-this-summer-to-attract-talents-of-Stevan-Jovetic-and-Mario-Gotze.html
    Arsenal ready to break wage barrier this summer to attract talents of Stevan Jovetic and Mario Götze

Arsenal are ready to relax their wage structure this summer to help attract the genuinely world-class talent that Arsène Wenger wants to boost his squad.....

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Been hearing that one a lot since January.......no smoke without fire maybe? One can hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Not tempting fate but if we don't make CL would they still be interested

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement