Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Andip wrote: »
    Not tempting fate but if we don't make CL would they still be interested

if the club can demonstrate the ambition of the club and prove that it was a one year blip after 16 consecutive years of competing in the CL i don't see why not

greendom wrote: »
    if the club can demonstrate the ambition of the club and prove that it was a one year blip after 16 consecutive years of competing in the CL i don't see why not

True. Money talks alot of languages too. City werent always a CL side. They were struggling at the bottom half of the table for a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Would anyone like to see the coq start
    Was it this game last year he was man of match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Would anyone like to see the coq start
    Was it this game last year he was man of match

I personally wouldnt but Im biased as a big Diaby fan. I'm more intrigued will Santi stay on the left or Podli

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Raf32 wrote: »
    I personally wouldnt but Im biased as a big Diaby fan. I'm more intrigued will Santi stay on the left or Podli

Pretty sure Sicknote wont be available for Sunday, he hobbled off again last week.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Pretty sure Sicknote wont be available for Sunday, he hobbled off again last week.

Typical :pac: Im not liking Jenko against Bale at all.

A proper Gooner though.
    BDzvgviCEAEi2D4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

batistuta9 wrote: »
    I was only a kid watching that on MOTD remember it like yesterday goosebumps all over I had. Amazing player and best hatrick I ever seen. That goal and Kanus against Chelsea from the tight angle were breathaking :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Typical :pac: Im not liking Jenko against Bale at all.

The stage is perfectly set for the proper Arsenal lad to prove these Bale = Ronaldo suggestions to be well wide of the mark, he's gonna have him in his pocket.

RE: Diaby, I like him but since his latest return he's been quite poor, I'd actually whip out the coq for this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

The stage is perfectly set for the proper Arsenal lad to prove these Bale = Ronaldo suggestions to be well wide of the mark, he's gonna have him in his pocket.

RE: Diaby, I like him but since his latest return he's been quite poor, I'd actually whip out the coq for this one.

Naughty :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The coq jokes never get old! :D

From the sp*rs forum:

AVB versus Arsenal

got whacked 5-0 when arsenal played porto

lost 5-3 when in charge of chelsea to arsenal

lost 5-2 to arsenal while managing spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

I'd like to see us offer a bit more on corners on Sunday, we seem to be racking them up without ever looking like scoring. Vermaelen has no goals this year, he had 7 in 09/10 and 6 last year, but seems to lost his scoring touch along with the rest of his game.

I wonder do we even practice them?

What would people think of keeping Sagna on as a CB next year and signing another RB to back up Jenkinson?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

MaxPower89 wrote: »

What would people think of keeping Sagna on as a CB next year and signing another RB to back up Jenkinson?

Cant see Sagna staying another season to be honest, and would much rather money spent on a proven CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'd like to see us offer a bit more on corners on Sunday, we seem to be racking them up without ever looking like scoring. Vermaelen has no goals this year, he had 7 in 09/10 and 6 last year, but seems to lost his scoring touch along with the rest of his game.

I'd rather more than backup. If Jenkinson is the clear first choice he won't be pushed to improve as much as if he had someone ready to take his place. It's one of the reasons I'm surprised Sagna never got dropped despite his form. LB is fine with Gibbs and Monreal both likely to push each other for the first choice role. CB would be ok too with Vermaelen (assuming he finds form again), Mertesacker and Koscielny along with Sagna. All pushing for a starting place. If we sign someone designed t be a back up, that may not be the case for RB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

we really just need to sign a world class centreback.

it'll be interesting to see who we bring in in the summer, I can't see a real weakness in the team but we need to improve in almost every position so the summer will show how much ambition we have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I was only a kid watching that on MOTD remember it like yesterday goosebumps all over I had. Amazing player and best hatrick I ever seen. That goal and Kanus against Chelsea from the tight angle were breathaking :-)

I don't mean to piss on your parade, but that was a midweek match on a Wednesday. Live on Skysports if I remember correctly. There was no MOTD on after it.

Conor Henderson has said he will leave in the summer for regular first team football. It's a shame, it would have been nice to see an Irish lad make the breakthrough.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/henderson-resigned-to-emirates-departure-224051.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

The £70m or so muted in the media should in theory be enough to buy 5 or so players that you could drop straight into the first team. Which is what Arsenal probably require to get a semblance of competitiveness back at the business end of trophies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

Szczesny

Jenkinson Mertesacker Vermaelen Monreal

Wilshere Arteta

Walcott Cazorla Podolski

Giroud

• Advertisement

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    Szczesny

Jenkinson Mertesacker Vermaelen Monreal

Wilshere Arteta

Walcott Cazorla Podolski

Giroud

Kos instead of vermaelen and you got a deal.

Won't happen though, dropping the captain for the NLD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Merts header earlier this season vs the spuds where he bellowed like a bull, fantastic stuff. More like that on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Pity to see that Conor Henderson will be heading when his contract ends in the summer. Hopefuly he'll end up something like Seb Larsson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

Pity to see that Conor Henderson will be heading when his contract ends in the summer. Hopefuly he'll end up something like Seb Larsson.

Without the d******d part!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

If the midfield/attack deviates from...

Arteta/Wilshire
    Caz
    Wally/Giroud/Pod

I'll be disappointed. I don't think there's much point going defensive on this one. Bale is their route to goal and he'll either score from 30 yards or a free kick or he won't.

They're not defensive though and Olly and Podski can get at them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Frimpong is a nutter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

jonny666 wrote: »
    Frimpong is a nutter

Was watching that stream for a bit last night, was all a bit boring when I turned it off. Looks like I missed a bit :pac:

He was with KSI (fifa guy), dunno how it escalated to that!

The sooner he is gone the better, never going to make it at Arsenal and only brings trouble with him, not worth it.

The sooner he is gone the better, never going to make it at Arsenal and only brings trouble with him, not worth it.

Cant believe you think that. He might not turn out to be good enough but he is a proper gunner!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

He didn't do anything lol. By the looks of things they gave him a Spurs scarf and he held it up to the camera. Look at the pictures, if THAT is the most incriminating one they could publish (and they would publish the worst still they could find), then he didn't 'goad' anyone. It's just daily mail rubbish. I'd love to see him make it, hes Arsenal through and through and would add some steel to our midfield.

• Advertisement

Im talking about previous incidences though like is he worth the trouble? I just dont see him making it, would be nice to have more Gooners on the pitch but wont happen with him.

Im talking about previous incidences though like is he worth the trouble? I just dont see him making it, would be nice to have more Gooners on the pitch but wont happen with him.

He had shown some promise I think before his injury. I wouldnt write him off just yet. He'll prob never be a world beater but could be a good squad player who loves Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Who I think wenger will play Sunday
    Secz
    Jenks. Verm. Kos. Montreal
    Arteta. Ramsey
    Walcott. Wilshere. Cazorla
    Giroud

I think we really need mert.

Though team to call -

scynzny
    sagna
    mert
    verm
    monreal

arteta
    diaby
    wilshere

santi
    walcott
    pod

I think wenger will pack the middle and have pod defending our left flank and diaby on the right to keep bale quiet. if diaby is out then ramsey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Does anyone know how I'd get a ticket for Sunday's game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Does anyone know how I'd get a ticket for Sunday's game?

try here https://twitter.com/arsenal_tickets drop them a tweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Id like to see them field:

Seaman

A. Cole
    Adams
    Bould
    Dixon

Pires
    Viera
    Fabregas
    Overmars

Bergkamp
    Henry

If only!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Id like to see them field:

Seaman

A. Cole
    Adams
    Bould
    Dixon

Pires
    Viera
    Fabregas
    Overmars

Bergkamp
    Henry

If only!!!

Wilshere would be the only player to push for a place in that team now.Amazing how far we have dropped.

• Advertisement

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Though team to call -

scynzny
    sagna
    mert
    verm
    monreal

arteta
    diaby
    wilshere

santi
    walcott
    pod

I think wenger will pack the middle and have pod defending our left flank and diaby on the right to keep bale quiet. if diaby is out then ramsey.
    Sagna's out and diaby's only 50/50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

jonny666 wrote: »
    He had shown some promise I think before his injury. I wouldnt write him off just yet. He'll prob never be a world beater but could be a good squad player who loves Arsenal

I honestly don't think he will make it, he showed huge promise a few years ago and I was genuinely of the belief he would make it but I think all the injuries have taken there toll on him sadly and really slowed his development. Shame since he showed such big promise and is a Gooner through and through the kind of player you feel would give his all the type of player we need.

To say he's a troublemaker is buying into the media hype the whole yid thing was blown way out of proportion, and he seems to be liked amongst the players.

Wenger on if there is a power-shift in North London: "I've answered this question for 15 years now."

:pac:

Interesting stat - before arsene took over arsenal had made The top 4 on 23 occasions now it's 40 times - you can criticise him for not winning enough trophies but he has made us amazingly consistent.

EDIT - here's the article I got that stat from - so want this man to bring more success to the Emirates

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9903319/Tottenham-v-Arsenal-Arsene-Wenger-is-a-wounded-warrior-determined-to-come-out-fighting-for-the-team.html

I honestly don't think he will make it, he showed huge promise a few years ago and I was genuinely of the belief he would make it but I think all the injuries have taken there toll on him sadly and really slowed his development. Shame since he showed such big promise and is a Gooner through and through the kind of player you feel would give his all the type of player we need.

To say he's a troublemaker is buying into the media hype the whole yid thing was blown way out of proportion, and he seems to be liked amongst the players.

He is more than good enough to be a squad player. He might never make it to being first 11 on a regular basis, but he is definetly good enough to have as a squad player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Phoenix wrote: »
    Are ye confident about tommorrow?

Not really but not unconfident about it. I'm not too impressed by spurs they don't control midfield and they rely on bale a lot to score goals, saying that adebayor will be up for it. they have dropped a lot of points too and they aren't as great as the media are making them out to be. Though same could be said about us.

id take a draw but a lose doesn't mean fourth is over either in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Not a fan of this fella but I think his prediction is spot on.

Not a fan of this fella but I think his prediction is spot on.

Imagine if it was that score! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

11 years ago today - sheer genius. No sound to ruin it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

My favourite goal from my favourite player of all.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement