Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Soups123 wrote: »
    He did okay but against stronger teams he'd be ineffective in that role, it's not in his make up to break up play. He's being doing well of the bench

Aye your right there, good for matches where we are in control to get our attack started, but probably won't be much use to use if we are chasing. Similar to Arteta really, hence why we need a good strong DM to help our cause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Just seen this on Facebook and since Galvas on holiday and we don't normally know the assists. Its pretty impressive looking, shame we leak so many goals or score none in one then about 8 in the next :pac:.

Theo Walcott - 16 goals, 12 assists!
    Lukas Podolski - 12 goals, 10 assists!
    Olivier Giroud - 12 goals, 10 assists!
    Santi Cazorla - 9 goals, 9 assists!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just seen this on Facebook and since Galvas on holiday and we don't normally know the assists. Its pretty impressive looking, shame we leak so many goals or score none in one then about 8 in the next :pac:.

Theo Walcott - 16 goals, 12 assists!
    Lukas Podolski - 12 goals, 10 assists!
    Olivier Giroud - 12 goals, 10 assists!
    Santi Cazorla - 9 goals, 9 assists!

Are these just Premier league stats or all Competitions

I wish every team would give us loads of space and play a high line like that

I never thought id see the day Sam Allardyce would set any team of his up like that against ourselves above all teams. It was kamikaze stuff

blobby360 wrote: »

Reckon that is all competitions.

blobby360 wrote: »

It doesnt state but im pretty sure that its in all competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I never thought id see the day Sam Allardyce would set any team of his up like that against ourselves above all teams. It was kamikaze stuff

he fancied it against us, and why not we're fragile.

But when we click, it's glorious.

it's a rollercoaster this season.......culminating in an FA Cup I hope :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Can we start every match at 46 instead of 1 from now on? :pac:
    Acid test today. My girlfriend is a WHU fan. First time we'll be watching a match together.

We'd better win! :pac:

She still talking to you? Mine is only starting to talk to me again after the Newcastle game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

so we've put 7 past gnfnrhead's Mrs' team.
    and 5 past Pappa Dolla's.

Someone on the forum needs to hook up with a Bayern fan. (and a Brighton one too probably)

• Advertisement

AW on signings after the match: I have nothing to tell you. That is why I have to shorten the press conference-I have to do some work!

Hopefully means well be getting some good news soon, or could be just Wenger being his usual trolling self.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Ramsey was very very good yesterday still only 21 remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Ramsey was very very good yesterday still only 21 remember

He wasn't very very good,he done ok after a very shaky start of misplacing simple passes.

Pod giroud Theo were very very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

He wasn't very very good,he done ok after a very shaky start of misplacing simple passes.

Pod giroud Theo were very very good.

He made more passes than anyone else on the field with a success rate of 93%

greendom wrote: »

He made more passes than anyone else on the field with a success rate of 93%

But that's not what I said?I said he was ok after misplacing simple passes early on in the game which could have cost us against better opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

He also stopped us going 2-1 down.

Can't really get my head around the Ramsey hate at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'm a hug fan of Ramsey but I'd rather see Ramsey play 15 games a year in central midfield than 30+ games shunted out on the wing.

It's painfully obvious he is not suited to playing in a wide position and Wenger constantly playing him there can't be doing his confidence any good at all. I'd like to see him start in that position again on Saturday with Diaby and Rosicky/Ox ahead of him.

There used to be a site that uploaded all the Arsenal highlights. Can anyone remember what it was? I'm sick of spending ages with fake YouTube videos looking for them after every game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Arsenalist is what you are thinking of I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    There used to be a site that uploaded all the Arsenal highlights. Can anyone remember what it was? I'm sick of spending ages with fake YouTube videos looking for them after every game.

This does my head in on youtube, either old matches or some arsehole recreating the match on fifa. What is wrong with people?

Frisbee wrote: »
    Arsenalist is what you are thinking of I reckon.

Thats the one! Thank you :D

• Advertisement

Some people just love bashing Ramsey
    Before his leg break he was a better than jack
    People log on here to have a go at him even after he didn't play that bad
    Last night Aaron misplaced a place and the ground starting moaning, a few mins later santi had a shot was a scandalous shot but he got applauded
    The hate he gets is borderline ridiculous

And can I finish by saying he is only 21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Arsenal player does free (but short) highlights too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Frisbee wrote: »
    I'm a hug fan of Ramsey but I'd rather see Ramsey play 15 games a year in central midfield than 30+ games shunted out on the wing.

It's painfully obvious he is not suited to playing in a wide position and Wenger constantly playing him there can't be doing his confidence any good at all. I'd like to see him start in that position again on Saturday with Diaby and Rosicky/Ox ahead of him.

To be fair I think he's there to learn the game a bit more. I don't think Wenger fancies him out there in the long run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

http://www.eplindex.com/25135/lucas-podolski-theo-walcott-goal-assist-machine-stats-analysis.html

Interesting reading, Walcott's goal/assist per minute is 71.8, highest in the league just ahead of RVP at 76.9.

AdamD wrote: »
    http://www.eplindex.com/25135/lucas-podolski-theo-walcott-goal-assist-machine-stats-analysis.html

Interesting reading, Walcott's goal/assist per minute is 71.8, highest in the league just ahead of RVP at 76.9.

Never doubted Walcott myself :)

Don't know if anybody seen it yet but here Deloitte's Football Money League. After taking it off @SwissRamble.

BBYB7ITCEAAzAyg.jpg:large

Can see why Arsenal are reluctant to change ticket prices when it counts for about 40% of our revenue. Our commercial revenue is pretty shocking when you compare it to the clubs around us. Hopefully now with this new Emirates deal and maybe one with Addidas to come we will be able to compete more in the transfer window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

Gotta say, Cazorlas goal last night was deadly. Hope they can pull them kind of plays together more frequently.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    he fancied it against us, and why not we're fragile.

But when we click, it's glorious.

it's a rollercoaster this season.......culminating in an FA Cup I hope :)

I see your point but normally its smash and grab with Sam. 1-0 up all they had to do was shut up shop and frustrate the hell out of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Just realised Jack was captain when Vermaelan went off last night? Great to see.
    So proud to get given the armband during the game last night. One of the best moments in my career so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

One week to go and still nobody.
    Knock knock ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

One week to go and still nobody.
    Knock knock ...

Remy, Sturridge and Ba - they are the only transfers of any significance completed so far. Are the other 16 clubs doomed aswell??

Plenty of time left yet, relax , enjoy last nights victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Remy, Sturridge and Ba - they are the only transfers of any significance completed so far. Are the other 16 clubs doomed aswell??

Plenty of time left yet, relax , enjoy last nights victory.

Rust never sleeps.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

dvemail wrote: »
    Don't know if anybody seen it yet but here Deloitte's Football Money League. After taking it off @SwissRamble.

BBYB7ITCEAAzAyg.jpg:large

Can see why Arsenal are reluctant to change ticket prices when it counts for about 40% of our revenue. Our commercial revenue is pretty shocking when you compare it to the clubs around us. Hopefully now with this new Emirates deal and maybe one with Addidas to come we will be able to compete more in the transfer window.
    City's commercial numbers are a joke. Wait and see PSG magically jump from nowhere to near the top of the list next edition too.

A week left. I think we'll sign 2 players. Hopefully they are "top, top quality" though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭djan

A week left. I think we'll sign 2 players. Hopefully they are "top, top quality" though.

Next week: "We had enough funds but there just wasn't any top top quality players available. We also have Diaby and Rosicky coming back in to the team. We have to believe in our ability more."

same old stuff every Jan but here's hoping he will prove us wrong as we badly need strengthening in the CDM role with a big aggresive play breaker and a Striker/Winger depending on where Arsene sees Poldi and Theo playing in the long run. Also LB and RB able player would be a plus too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

Newcastle signing Moussa Sissoko, great player in FM, not sure about real life though! Can't help but feel that's one we might have missed out on.

As an aside, Newcastle signing all these players from Ligue 1 is starting to grate. I'd bet my bottom dollar that Pardew hasn't heard of half of them and hasn't seen any of them play (with the exception of maybe Yang-Mbiwa,maybe!).

I guess the point I'm trying to make here is that I really, really hate Alan Pardew.

Newcastle signing Moussa Sissoko, great player in FM, not sure about real life though! Can't help but feel that's one we might have missed out on.

As an aside, Newcastle signing all these players from Ligue 1 is starting to grate. I'd bet my bottom dollar that Pardew hasn't heard of half of them and hasn't seen any of them play (with the exception of maybe Yang-Mbiwa,maybe!).

I guess the point I'm trying to make here is that I really, really hate Alan Pardew.

Hmm, we should offer him our great frenchie, Squillaci, and see if he'd take him too? Worth a shot :P

Remember him having a go at arsenal for the amount of foreign players we had,now they only have 2 English players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Seems like AW is really keen on bringing Villa to the club and is prepared to pay €15million if Barca will sell in this next week.

Apparently Cazorla is a friend of his too.

http://www.cadenaser.com/deportes/articulo/arsenal-quiere-david-villa-mercado-invierno/csrcsrpor/20130124csrcsrdep_11/Tes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Anyone reckon Arsene is thinking 4-4-2 with Villa? Or more than likely having Villa/Giroud up front with Walcott/Podolski primarily staying on the wing? Not like they're doing too badly there at the moment.

I think Wenger going for Villa means he either doesn't trust Walcott/Pod up front, or doesn't trust Chambo on the wing if Walcott was to feature predominantly up front. Can't have too many good players anyway.

Sútalún wrote: »
    Anyone reckon Arsene is thinking 4-4-2 with Villa? Or more than likely having Villa/Giroud up front with Walcott/Podolski primarily staying on the wing? Not like they're doing too badly there at the moment.

I think Wenger going for Villa means he either doesn't trust Walcott/Pod up front, or doesn't trust Chambo on the wing if Walcott was to feature predominantly up front. Can't have too many good players anyway.

I think he'll be sticking to what formation he's using atm. Villa can play LW or as striker also. It's a similar formation to Barcas so I really cant see Arsene changing the formation for him at all.

I guess the point I'm trying to make here is that I really, really hate Alan Pardew

Alan 'Flying the flag for Britain' Pardew ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Pardeux speaking in 2006 whilst West Ham manager:

Pak3UXt_zps0722ba98.png

What's French for hypocritical twat?

In fairness, he does say top clubs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

He's such a slime.
    Wouldn't trust him as far as I could kick him, and I would hate for him to manage my club. I like Newcastle (ish), but he's not a premier league manager.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Sútalún wrote: »

Nah. If giroud got injured now, we don't have a single player for the forward position who we actually want to play there. It is unprofessional to think that your forward back up is your good wingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

I think he'll be sticking to what formation he's using atm. Villa can play LW or as striker also. It's a similar formation to Barcas so I really cant see Arsene changing the formation for him at all.

Yeah Villa was used a lot by Barca out wide left, with Messi through the middle.

Although AW has said he feels Podolski's best position is out wide so I'd guess that Villa would be used centrally too if we did sign him.

Of course, I'd still be amazed if we did sign him. Here's hoping!

Edit: just spotted this from his presser.... Wenger on David Villa: 'We are not on the case'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Arsene coming out with some bizarre stuff as usual at his PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Arsene saying we have two players in every position? That's it so we won't be signing anybody!

Lads were not signing anyone accept it!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement