Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Maire2009 wrote: »

I should stay off Twitter on match days :o But in fairness he gets blamed for a lot on Twitter/blogs/replies to match reports - not really here from what I've seen but he's a scapegoat this year when in fact the team as a whole have been awful.

It's very cold out
    Ramsey's fault

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Anyone else find it a small bit humorous how excited they got when they won?
    G1032 wrote: »
    Found that quite amusing myself. You'd swear they'd just won the league.

NO

How the fúck can you find it humorous???

They'd just beaten their biggest rivals ffs

if that wasn't enough of a reason, they also went 7 points clear of them & placed the nails in their coffin for finishing top 4 - they'll be nailed in soon enough i'd imagine

It's the biggest game of the season for both teams & you can't understand why they're celebrating, wtf?

If we can't have a good rant and moan and think we're the worst team in the world, the day spurs beat us when can we do that

I'm depressed and ye fcukers are gonna hear about it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Mignolet, Hummels, Capoue and Jovetic in the summer please! We can dream!

Mignolet, Hummels, Capoue and Jovetic in the summer please! We can dream!

all presently licking their lips at the thought of playing in the europa league

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

batistuta9 wrote: »
    NO

if that wasn't enough of a reason, they also went 7 points clear of them & placed the nails in their coffin for finishing top 4 - they'll be nailed in soon enough i'd imagine

It's the biggest game of the season for both teams & you can't understand why they're celebrating, wtf?

We'll still finish ahead of them ... I'll eat Delia's Norwich scarf if we don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We'll still finish ahead of them ... I'll eat Delia's Norwich scarf if we don't.

Can't honestly see it myself as I feel we'll drop points ourselves.
    Hope you're right but I feel there's something wrong with the mindset at Arsenal, We have no divine right to finish Top 4. You have to play well to get there and we are just not doing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Posted today, not 15 years ago! Seriously, finish ahead of us, win a major trophy, be in the Champions League 14 years running. Do something except be good for 5 games in a row every other season and then get back to us :rolleyes

Here is a few stats from BEFORE the game;)

“Gareth Bale has scored 10 goals in his last 12 Premier League appearances”
    “Gareth Bale is 1st for PL shots on target this season (51)”
    “No player has scored more Premier League goals in 2013 than Gareth Bale”
    “Gareth Bale has scored each of Tottenham’s last five PL goals”
    “Gareth Bale: Has now scored Tottenham’s last 6 goals in all competitions”, and
    “Gareth Bale has been directly involved in 80% of Spurs’ goals in all competitions so far in 2013 (9 goals & 3 assists)”

He got his 16th goal of the season today whilst poor speedy Walcott hardly got a look in..

Im a Spurs fan BTW so it means a lot to win a NLD ..Especiall after media slag Harry fecking the team over last season.
    .We have finally got rid of our soft centre & should have scored 6 today had our forwards turned up.Adebaor racks up more offsides injuries & bookings than goals or assists anymore. we may as well started every game with 10 men when he plays:D:D:D:D (waste of money)

PS MIND THE GAP:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

davycc wrote: »

“Gareth Bale has been directly involved in 80% of Spurs’ goals in all competitions so far in 2013 (9 goals & 3 assists)”

He got his 16th goal of the season today whilst poor speedy Walcott hardly got a look in..

Im a Spurs fan BTW so it means a lot to win a NLD ..Especiall after media slag Harry fecking the team over last season.
    .We have finally got rid of our soft centre & should have scored 6 today had our forwards turned up.Adebaor racks up more offsides injuries & bookings than goals or assists anymore. we may as well started every game with 10 men when he plays:D:D:D:D (waste of money)

Have your moment now - I'll come looking for you in May :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

All I got from that was that yehs are a one man team, and that one man aint even the best player in the EPL better hope he doesn't get injured or yeh are fcuked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

All I got from that was that yehs are a one man team, and that one man aint even the best player in the EPL better hope he doesn't get injured or yeh are fcuked.

just like Arsenal last yr with RVP

Didnt Wenger say he didnt need to make special tatics to stop Bale as he was no danger ? :o

And Im sure ya wernt complaining when RVP was carring your team single handed for the last 3 seasons.. Im not worried sure Defoe is finally back from injury & even on an off day Lennon can still stroll through yer high line & walk it in past Spachezney...:P

Too the spurs fans posting in here

I've said it for a few reasons this season but I really don't like how much people are getting like Liverpool fans were not so many years ago.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    just like Arsenal last yr with RVP

Yeh but we arent anymore and even when we were at least we could say our one man team was starring the best player in the league :p, lets be honest yehs are a average team beating us dont makes yehs great. Someday yehs might have a trophy cabinet like ours ;).
    Didnt Wenger say he didnt need to make special tatics to stop Bale as he was no danger ? :o

And Im sure ya wernt complaining when RVP was carring your team single handed for the last 3 seasons.. Im not worried sure Defoe is finally back from injury & even on an off day Lennon can still stroll through yer high line & walk it in past Spachezney...:P

He didnt need special tactics Bale wasnt great today our mistakes in defence gifted him a goal .

haha 3 seasons?????? really man if you going to troll at least make educated statements :cool:. Defoe is **** lets be honest.

Have your day in the sun, we all know Arsenal are the batter and bigger club this shall only be a blip were as this is the highlight for spurs for more than a decade of being ****. What trophys have you seen sprs win in your lifetime?:cool:. A United, City or even Chelsea fan can strut in here Spurs fans cant.

• Advertisement

I posted that in the match thread for the laugh, a lot of sensitive souls in there I found out!

:D

thats a bit petty & sad but id expect nothing less from some of the arse contigent today:o:o:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

fighting amonst ourselves about the club is one thing, but when it comes to battling Spurs fans we all unite :P

"form is temporary, class is permanent"

Let's remember that sp*ds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

"form is temporary, class is permanent"

Let's remember that sp*ds.

Keep your Thursday nights free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Keep your Thursday nights free

And you keep counting your chickens

And to the people who think we celebrated like we won the FA cup..

We actually celebrate every win & every single delicious goal the same way. although its deffo sweeter spanking arse.

Every player (bar Ade) is rowing the same direction & are passionate about the jersey & about learning from AVBs management style....they love AVB-AVB loves them & its clearly visible.

I bet its been a long long time since any of your squad felt like that about Wenger or visa versa.

My opinion hand on heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Spurs have a better squad than us, not a better first 11 but definitely a better squad. We can argue all we like but they deserved to beat us today, plain and simple. They were the better team, they wanted it more and it showed at the end.

I think we can still catch them but they'd really have to implode and at the same time we'd have to improve substantially.

Well your "history" couldnt save you today orAC Milan or V Blackburn or V Bayern or even the mighty high flying Bradford...:o

PS Talksport has a notorious arsenal bias..they may as well have Merson & Alan Smith doing all their articles;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Well your "history" couldnt save you today orAC Milan or V Blackburn or V Bayern or even the mighty high flying Bradford...:o

PS Talksport has a notorious arsenal bias..they may as well have Merson & Alan Smith doing all their articles;)

Maybe but the statistical facts and records seem to have the same bias.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

This is turning into a bit of a my willy is bigger than yours scenario. Sp*rs won, they are in the driving seat and lets allow them drink their cloudy lemon in the sun.

The fact of the matter is that we are going through a tough season and that's generally what it takes to be caught in the same brackets as sp*rs teams generally talent wise.

Arsenal are like a hungover beast at the minute. We need a fry and some lucozade to recuperate. We'll be back next year to make sure sp*rs wet dreams of domination over Arsenal will not come true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

I think it was mentioned earlier but I think a major problem that we have is that we have too many of the same type of players. Last week against Villa we had Diaby, Arteta, Wilshire, Cazorla, Podolski and Walcott starting. That's 4 attacking midfielders and 2 wingers (I know Arteta plays defensive midfield for us, but that's due to his adaptability, he was much more attacking for Everton). The signings we made last summer were pretty good but I just don't see how Wenger could sell our only striker and defensive midfielder and not replace them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

How far did ye get in the League cup, FA cup or the Champions League?

Season is far from over, Harry was gods gift last season until it feel apart. Same could happen again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Dont worry gooners we'll give em a pasting at the Bridge:pac:

Just draw with them please :)

Ahhh bless. Great to see the little guy win the odd time in fairness. Is Ossie off to Wembley then this year??? Oh no that's right, Leeds dumped your arse out of the cup. Dumped out of the Capital One cup by Norwich also ;) When your even half as successful as Arsenal come back and taunt us then. Enjoy your little victory in the meantime. It'll keep ye slightly ahead of little Barnet as the second best team in North London for a while :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Same old story today. Had spurs under pressure for a lot of the game but never really looked dangerous and they score their only two chances of the first half. We were lucky Bale scooped one over the bar and that Siggurdson lost his composure in the second half too or it would have been 4-1.

As much as I like our attacking players, I think the few games where we scored crazy amounts of goals have fudged the numbers a bit and made them look better on paper than they actually are. They really are mostly clueless going forward when the opposition are in any way well set up at the back. Arsenal are just too damn easy to play against these days.

I think our defence is one great CB short of being good, they really need someone like vidic or ferdinand at their peak to sort them out. A few seasons ago I thought Verm might have been that player but his decline has been depressing the last few seasons. They were quite solid for most of the game today but its these momentary lapses they seem to have that cost us every time and that's just not good enough.

Regardless, I haven't given up hope on finishing top 4. Let's not forget Chelsea are only 5 points ahead of us too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I posted that in the match thread for the laugh, a lot of sensitive souls in there I found out!

Not really, but you are a mong all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭G1032

batistuta9 wrote: »

NO

It's the level of celebration. Like I said you'd swear they won the league. They have won nothing. It looked like beating Arsenal was as good as it gets for them. Time for celebrating like that is when you win something or achieve something. Spurs will mess up yet. They won't beat Liverpool for a start. See where their celebrations get them then.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

Yeh but we arent anymore and even when we were at least we could say our one man team was starring the best player in the league :p, lets be honest yehs are a average team beating us dont makes yehs great. Someday yehs might have a trophy cabinet like ours ;).

He didnt need special tactics Bale wasnt great today our mistakes in defence gifted him a goal .

haha 3 seasons?????? really man if you going to troll at least make educated statements :cool:. Defoe is **** lets be honest.

Have your day in the sun, we all know Arsenal are the batter and bigger club this shall only be a blip were as this is the highlight for spurs for more than a decade of being ****. What trophys have you seen sprs win in your lifetime?:cool:. A United, City or even Chelsea fan can strut in here Spurs fans cant.

Spurs won the league cup in 2008. i know it's not deemed that important but a trophy is a trophy. i believe thats more recent than arsenals last trophy... 05 fa cup if i recall correctly.;)

Not really, but you are a mong all the same.

Classy. But I wouldn't expect anything more from a spud :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Can we please stop responding to any idiot who can't just enjoy their teams victory and has to resort to taunting the losing supporters to make themselves feel good? These people aren't worth wasting your good time on, nothing worse than a bad winner....

Anyway lads, Bale'll be off to Real :pac: and we'll see how they do then :D

nipps wrote: »
    Spurs won the league cup in 2008. i know it's not deemed that important but a trophy is a trophy. i believe thats more recent than arsenals last trophy... 05 fa cup if i recall correctly.;)

Aww thats cute, in my life time I've seen Arsenal win Cup Winner Cup, a few league titles, fa cups league cups.

jordainius wrote: »
    Can we please stop responding to any idiot who can't just enjoy their teams victory and has to resort to taunting the losing supporters to make themselves feel good? These people aren't worth wasting your good time on, nothing worse than a bad winner....

Very true, never get why people feel the need to go into other teams threads to gloat after a victory. Ill stop responding to them :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

Aww thats cute, in my life time I've seen Arsenal win Cup Winner Cup, a few league titles, fa cups league cups.

lad u need to lighten up and get over the fact that your team lost today. u can keep on living in the past if you want, but as it stands the future at spurs is looking brighter than that at arsenal at the moment unless there are some serious changes made at arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

therecklessone has been dealt with.

• Advertisement

nipps wrote: »
    lad u need to lighten up and get over the fact that your team lost today. u can keep on living in the past if you want, but as it stands the future at spurs is looking brighter than that at arsenal at the moment unless there are some serious changes made at arsenal.

:pac: lighten up, you must be picturing me sitting here all angry I find it funny you lot feel the need to come in here ;), im laughing at yes not getting angry ;).

There are serious changes to be made at Arsenal yes trust me im one of the biggest critics current teams direction ;), but the future is not brighter at Spurs sorry, come back to me when you have a fanbase the size of Arsenals, have a 60.000 seater stadium that bring in massive revenue. This is a blip for Arsenal were as it is Spurs highlight ;).

Oh and at least we have a past to be proud of :cool:.

jordainius wrote: »

Hard to handle feelings your not used to in fairness

TheGunns wrote: »
    How far did ye get in the League cup, FA cup or the Champions League?

Season is far from over, Harry was gods gift last season until it feel apart. Same could happen again

Anything can & will happen in a cup tie & it usually goes against us lol.(bad ref cost us v leeds eg).as for champs lge we had our spot stolen by the jammy "champions of europe:(" by eufa gimps.

I hated harry myself he loved the media too much & was far too fond of saying every chance he got how when he came to spurs we were in a relagation fight & he saved us...too much blah loves the sound of his own voice tapping up players every season..gives too many interviews through the window of his jeep :mad:

Anyway apologies if I have upset any of you lot here Im off back to AH where I belong.I know being bad loosers runs in the gunner family from Wenger down to his "team;)"

I said nothing about this last week, as the last time i did in the same circumstances arsenal conceded 4 at reading, so didn't want to jinx it again :pac:

but people show the stat that arsenal have the joint second best defence in the league, claiming arsenal must be OK at at the back

are they fúck, arsenal are brutal defensively. Highlighted again today

just because they haven't conceded that many goals, does not mean they're good defensively

:pac: lighten up, you must be picturing me sitting here all angry I find it funny you lot feel the need to come in here ;), im laughing at yes not getting angry ;).

There are serious changes to be made at Arsenal yes trust me im one of the biggest critics current teams direction ;), but the future is not brighter at Spurs sorry, come back to me when you have a fanbase the size of Arsenals, have a 60.000 seater stadium that bring in massive revenue. This is a blip for Arsenal were as it is Spurs highlight ;).

Oh and at least we have a past to be proud of :cool:.

Some valid points but its a 60000 seater library with thousands of empty seats :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement