Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Being linked with Ashley Williams, would anyone be happy with this signing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

http://www.multichannel.com/networks/kroenke-makes-227m-competing-bid-outdoor/142031

Pity he wouldn't invest in what he already has rather than buying more toys :rolleyes:

Wishful thinking but heres hoping this all stems from him thinking of selling his Arsenal shares :o.
    Raf32 wrote: »

Not one bit we already have enough average players in the squad no more thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Not the quality of player I'd like us to be linked with to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Let Bouldy teach the defenders how to defend.

Problem sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Let Bouldy teach the defenders how to defend.

Problem sorted.

Teach the whole team to defend when necessary and we might be getting somewhere.

Étienne Capoue sitting in front of our back four and our defense would be a lot stronger. Even Campbell and Toure had Gilberto sitting in front of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

greendom wrote: »
    Teach the whole team to defend when necessary and we might be getting somewhere.

Spot on our defence looks clueless at times and I do think Verm needs to be dropped he looks clueless at times.

But our defence is a team problem the amount of times the oppossition get the ball and literally have tons of space between our midfield and defence is criminal. If we cant learn to defend as one the problem will never be sorted.

Its why myself like many think we are crying out for a Gilberto style player.

The whole team needs to up there game and act more as a unit in everything they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Étienne Capoue sitting in front of our back four and our defense would be a lot stronger. Even Campbell and Toure had Gilberto sitting in front of them.

I think that is where we are sorely missing. If you look back at Vieira, he's the one player we never truly replaced and sorely miss. I would love to have Yaya Touré sitting in front of our defense.

Exactly what we need. Yaya is another one I regret us not getting.
    Imagine having him in there, beast.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Still can't figure out what went wrong with yaya, they had him on pre-season and next thing i knew he was at olmpiakos. The usually happened and he played himself out of our price range.

Still can't figure out what went wrong with yaya, they had him on pre-season and next thing i knew he was at olmpiakos. The usually happened and he played himself out of our price range.

Wenger played him as a striker in a friendly match and didnt see his potential to be a midfielder :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Have been away for a few weeks now, trying to keep up to date with the games. I see we're totally and utterly fúcked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Have been away for a few weeks now, trying to keep up to date with the games. I see we're totally and utterly fúcked?

I wouldn't say that, we made another profit!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Toure is wasted sitting in front of the defence.

The squad needs a major injection of quality in all areas. There's no magic formation or individual player who will fix everything.

jester77 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say that, we made another profit!

Ahhh yes.. Picture it, the winners go up to collect old big ears in May and all the excitement and jubiliation, and then the horror moment dawns on then when they discover...that the club they play for DOESNT HAVE anything near as good as £123m in cash reserves. The heartbreak, the horror, the sad faces, the tears.....while mighty Arsenal are watching at home on tv with a smirk on each and every one of their faces, knowing that Hillwood and Co are running a profitable football club

• Advertisement

We cant be seen to be signing those of murderous instincts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I do think we are short a player or two but it's the mindset that needs working on - Man Utd have the likes of Evans, Anderson, Nani, Carrick etc., in their team/squad and none of them will be winning any accolades but what they lack in terms of skill they make up in work-rate. Ferguson recognizes that you don't need 11 technically gifted players on the field at the same time - you need a team, and you need leaders. We're a collection of individuals.

None of our players are "bad" - Ramsey is a good worker in my opinion and would be a valued asset to the team, but perhaps cos others are under-preforming he looks worse, the old "everyone looks better with a better class of player on the pitch" cliché. We've no imposing figures either - no one would mess with the likes of Campbell, Vieira, Petit, even up to Bergkamp, we've the likes of Chamakh who seems more worried about his hair than striking fear into defenders. I would love a Drogba type player up front for us, and if we could get more skillful even better - would any of the £125million be used at all on Falcao? I'd wet me knickers if he came to THOF :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,460 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

TheGunns wrote: »
    were missing players like Pires and Ljungberg, they just were better than the wingers weve got now and I think thats a real problem. Maybe not Walcott but the left side is a problem.

Walcott was absolutely useless on Sunday.
    I don't remember him taking on his man at all.
    Has he done anything since his BIG contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

he scored a few games running after he signed, he's got 3 goals & 4 assists in 7 games in the league since he signed

+ on MOTD2 Sol Campbell showed that Walcott made good runs several times but no one played him in

batistuta9 wrote: »
    he scored a few games running after he signed, he's got 3 goals & 4 assists in 7 games in the league since he signed

+ on MOTD2 Sol Campbell showed that Walcott made good runs several times but no one played him in

Maybe i'm just remembering his free-kicks and corners then. I'm in foul humour since Sunday.

• Advertisement

batistuta9 wrote: »

Maybe i'm just remembering his free-kicks and corners then. I'm in foul humour since Sunday.

Indeed he did and made some fantastic crosses too. Our best player imo. Was even more effective than Wilshere who had an off day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

His free kick at the end nearly stopped my heart! Didn't think he had it in him tbh, inches wide.

AdamD wrote: »
    His free kick at the end nearly stopped my heart! Didn't think he had it in him tbh, inches wide.

I thought it was in - very well taken (apart from being just wide :( )

AdamD wrote: »

I do remember Frisbee slating him saying it had to be put in the box but IMO he had a fairly good crack at it, thought it was in myself.

Looks like Arsenal will be the last English team in the Champions League this season. What a team.

7a8457809521bd85d7a9cf50c6dfdbaf_large

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Now they might know how we felt when they robbed the greatest unbeaten record in English football thanks to an appalling refereeing performance.

My sympathy for Manchester United is immense at this moment:

BEn-GfuCUAAh8Yi.jpg:large

The night RVP was sent off in the CL I felt exactly like the Man U fans do now.
    Two wrongs do not make a right though.
    I think they were hard done by.
    Now if it happens Spurs against Inter i'd think differently. :D

The night RVP was sent off in the CL I felt exactly like the Man U fans do now.
    Two wrongs do not make a right though.
    I think they were hard done by.
    Now if it happens Spurs against Inter i'd think differently. :D

I want Spurs to beat Inter and then they can get knocked out in the next round, keep them busy in Europe for another few weeks.

• Advertisement

Looks like Arsenal will be the last English team in the Champions League this season. What a team.

Profitable and resilient.....Is there any negatives to this team at all?

Maire2009 wrote: »
    I want Spurs to beat Inter and then they can get knocked out in the next round, keep them busy in Europe for another few weeks.

Hopefully Liverpool can do us a favour as well.

We should probably try avoid Madrid in the QFs, they look decent.

keano_afc wrote: »

If we get past Munich I reckon we will need to avoid everyone to stand any chance of making the semis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

It's a fitting way for them to end their run in the champions league. 14 seasons in a row i believe but it might be a few years til they get back. Enjoy it while it lasts;)

greendom wrote: »
    If we get past Munich I reckon we will need to avoid everyone to stand any chance of making the semis.

We'd probably still find a way of conceding embarrassingly soft goals

We'd probably still find a way of conceding embarrassingly soft goals

I was hoping for a bye so we wouldn't actually have to walk onto the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

keano_afc wrote: »
    Maybe we'll get one of these red cards in Munich first 10 and then game on........ Imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Well RvP can tell the boys how to deal with getting knocked out at the last 16 stage. The lad has had plenty of practice.

• Advertisement

HazDanz wrote: »
    Well RvP can tell the boys how to deal with getting knocked out at the last 16 stage. The lad has had plenty of practice.

Indeed, and in turn the boys can tell him how it feels to go out in the group stage compared to now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The young lads are in action against Inter at 2pm and it will be streamed live here http://www.nextgenseries.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

The young lads are in action against Inter at 2pm and it will be streamed live here http://www.nextgenseries.com/

The pitch is like a paddling pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Interesting stat from opta Arsenal have scored over 50% of their league goals in just 5 matches this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

No surprise in another team from Milan making Arsenal play on a ****e pitch to give themselves a chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

That pitch really is a disgrace, waterlogged in certain places.

• Advertisement

Missed the goal, who got it?

EDIT: Yennaris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Nice, inter were the reigning champions too. Playing CSKA Moscow in the next round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Interesting stat from opta Arsenal have scored over 50% of their league goals in just 5 matches this season.

I suppose it goes to show what the team is capable of, but the consistency just isn't there. Spurs are at 34% for 5 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Wow this place has gone very eery and quite.

Wow this place has gone very eery and quite.

No game this weekend isn't helping. I hope they're using the time wisely to prepare for Munich. Not sure how much time you actually need for a miracle though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement