Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I dont see that...
    I think the Spurs centre back (Dawson ? or whoever got man of the match) gave him a lesson in how to read the game, last week, the amount of time he cut off the through ball was unreal.

Watching Manu and Real, Ferdinand was boxed in 18 yards out right side of his goal, he gave a 40 yard diagonal pass to the winger and set up a great attack, turned the opposition right around.
    Youd never see Merts give that pass, the opposition study videos and KNOW he has two passes in him...
    1. Cross field to Vermalen... let him do it all day going nowhere
    2. He will give a short slide rule pass to a midfielder coming towrds him, facing the Arsenal goal... the opposition midfielder just has to get tight on that midfielder and nick it or pressure him into ultimately passing hte ball back to Sczes.

Totally agree with this post, I like Per but he aint good enough to be starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Ryo Miyaichi on for Wigan against Everton. Haven't seen much of him. Hopefully he takes his chance today. Was highly rated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

They need to sit deeper, all of the back 4 are ageing and losing their pace. Playing a high line was madness against Bale and Lennon, Spurs are a pace team. None of them are particularly fast anymore, Sagna is losing yards every week as is Verm. Per never had it and the verdict is still very much out at left back as to whether any of them are good enough.

Tactically last week was all wrong, we are good going forward but where we struggle is in the middle. Crazy given the numbers we have in there, none of them are good enough to sit in front of the back 4. We may not have conceded loads this season but we have made silly mistakes and been indecisive, can't train those.

On the middle east bid; I certainly hope it comes to fruition as the team and club clearly needs investment. This thread would explode if it did happen, we certainly wouldn't have had the quiet week here if it does happen ;)

Still hopeful for a top 4 finish, still think we can give it a real go at Bayern, still disappointed there's no game to watch this weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Shame we weren't playing Everton today.

greendom wrote: »
    Shame we weren't playing Everton today.

They're getting hammered too :eek:

EDIT : Mirallas just went in hard on Miyachi, hopefully hes ok

• Advertisement

TheGunns wrote: »
    They're getting hammered too :eek:

EDIT : Mirallas just went in hard on Miyachi, hopefully hes ok

Just back from injury. He has just been subbed off. He is Arsenal through and through :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Miyachi off on the stretcher, he's fooked.

jonny666 wrote: »
    Ryo Miyaichi on for Wigan against Everton. Haven't seen much of him. Hopefully he takes his chance today. Was highly rated

Still havent seen much of him :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Raf32 wrote: »
    Still havent seen much of him :confused:

The bit I have seen of him I have liked him, he's had a hard time this year with injuries and by the sounds of thing his season just a whole lot worse. This season won't have helped his development at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Way too quiet in here for my liking :(.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Way too quiet in here for my liking :(.

This is what happens when there's ten days between a match. Not a whole lot to comment on.

For the Bayern game I wonder how attacking Wenger is going to be? Against AC Milan at home he went for a crazy formation, one where everyone was basically attacking. Against Munich however I think they will dismantle us in a big way if we try that.

There will be goals at either end. Going to enjoy the match, could be our last Champions league game for a while.

HazDanz wrote: »
    This is what happens when there's ten days between a match. Not a whole lot to comment on.

For the Bayern game I wonder how attacking Wenger is going to be? Against AC Milan at home he went for a crazy formation, one where everyone was basically attacking. Against Munich however I think they will dismantle us in a big way if we try that.

There will be goals at either end. Going to enjoy the match, could be our last Champions league game for a while.

Does it matter?

I'm pretty sure were gone, but if he doesn't set them up in an attacking formation, we may as well not even turn up.

Does it matter?

I'm pretty sure were gone, but if he doesn't set them up in an attacking formation, we may as well not even turn up.

Oh no I agree. Just think we'll be lambs to the slaughter on the counter attacks. It's going to be a fun game to watch for sure!

Im dreading the game against Bayern even though we all know we are out. Its going to be like slowly watching 90 mins of it sinking in that we are out and could possibly be the last time for a while we face a team of that caliber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

I'm going to wait till the second leg is over before saying we're out, anything can happen in football, COME ON THE ARSENAL!

Sp*rs under pressure from Liverpool. Euro hangover in effect.

HazDanz wrote: »
    Sp*rs under pressure from Liverpool. Euro hangover in effect.

Nothing to see here....

Jasus they must have been watching to many Arsenal tapes last week with that defending :pac:, Wenger always has a plan.

Thank you Liverpool :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There's the spurs we know and love. Few more results like that please:)

• Advertisement

Arsenal and Liverpool for 3rd and 4th yeah? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Mickeroo wrote: »
    There's the spurs we know and love. Few more results like that please:)

A very Arsenal like defensive display alright, shot ourselves in the foot big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

We have to take advantage of that now, we can't do our usual and throw away points in the latter part of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

The imploding has begun :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

If the United Chelsea match stays a draw this has been a pretty good weekend considering we're not even playing. A draw means another Chelsea game

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If the United Chelsea match stays a draw this has been a pretty good weekend considering we're not even playing. A draw means another Chelsea game

That's FA cup.

Edit: sorry I get what you're saying now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

Then let's hope Chelsea beat United at Stamford Bridge so they have more F.A. Cup games to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

So much for the amazing spurs everyone seemed to be convinced wouldnt slip up.

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Sshhhh its early yet don't jinx it :).

• Advertisement

Yeah I thought they would get 30 points from their last 10 games. Obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

blackburn/millwall v wigan - fúcking typical :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,130 ✭✭✭G1032

G1032 wrote: »
    It's the level of celebration. Like I said you'd swear they won the league. They have won nothing. It looked like beating Arsenal was as good as it gets for them. Time for celebrating like that is when you win something or achieve something. Spurs will mess up yet. They won't beat Liverpool for a start. See where their celebrations get them then.
    BOOM!!! Good jinx!!!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Got curious so made this:

http://poll.pollcode.com/ucr5ar

Should show the results instantly.

One person has voted for Silent Stan. Own up!!! :pac:

63% want Usmanov while another 25% want the Middle Eastern Group. A small sample size (40 people) but it seems the vast majority want a change to happen.

One person has voted for Silent Stan. Own up!!! :pac:

They must of clicked on it by mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Have you been reading the Spurs thread or something? Not one person here said they wouldn't slip up at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Regardless of whether or not anybody's actually been saying that, it's ONE game. One! And Arsenal are yet to take advantage of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Early goal Wednesday might make them nervous
    There missing a few too
    Don't think we will do it but hope we have a right cut

Early goal Wednesday might make them nervous
    There missing a few too

There's always a chance!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Ribery ruled out of the 2nd leg through injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

jonny666 wrote: »

There's always a chance!!

Lets just win the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

Anyone here big into the Yanks sports? How are the Denver Nuggets, Colorado Rapids, St Louis Rams etc doing in the long run. Has Kroenke screwed them over too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

This. I don't think many people expect Arsenal to overturn the tie, but if they don't come out and even have a reasonable f*cking go at getting the goals it'll be incredibly frustrating

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    Anyone here big into the Yanks sports? How are the Denver Nuggets, Colorado Rapids, St Louis Rams etc doing in the long run. Has Kroenke screwed them over too?

Just after reading your comment i was on twitter and found these retweets from one the lads i'm following of fans of the teams that Kroenke owns, doesn't sound good.

Comments on SK:"> Mammoth, and Rapids (couldn't give a good puke for the Nuggets). Heaven knows all those teams could use a little support."

Comments on SK:"Oh goodie. Then they can ruin that TOO! Oh Yay! Maybe they ought to put a little of that money into supporting the Av's,>"

Comments on SK: "Thanks Stan, for getting greedy with your wife's WalMart money and ruining my love for NHL hockey."

Comments on SK: "Hate the Kroenke's for what they've done to the Avs, wish they would get outta town"

Comments on SK : "Do NOT allow Kroenke a buy-in. That family destroys everything they touch. It would be suicide to allow this acquisition"

Also dont know if this was posted before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

TheBza wrote: »
    Just after reading your comment i was on twitter and found these retweets from one the lads i'm following of fans of the teams that Kroenke owns, doesn't sound good.

Comments on SK:"> Mammoth, and Rapids (couldn't give a good puke for the Nuggets). Heaven knows all those teams could use a little support."

Comments on SK:"Oh goodie. Then they can ruin that TOO! Oh Yay! Maybe they ought to put a little of that money into supporting the Av's,>"

Comments on SK: "Thanks Stan, for getting greedy with your wife's WalMart money and ruining my love for NHL hockey."

Comments on SK: "Hate the Kroenke's for what they've done to the Avs, wish they would get outta town"

Comments on SK : "Do NOT allow Kroenke a buy-in. That family destroys everything they touch. It would be suicide to allow this acquisition"

Also dont know if this was posted before.

so he has previous and is only into lining his own pockets like we all thought.
    Hope sufficient pressure is put on him to sell up in the summer by either Usmanov ,the Qatari/UAE consortium or a mixture of both!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

As much as I'd love a win, ze germans are gonna turn us over bigtime.

3-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,460 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

maximoose wrote: »
    This. I don't think many people expect Arsenal to overturn the tie, but if they don't come out and even have a reasonable f*cking go at getting the goals it'll be incredibly frustrating

As long as we don't get a pile of injuries which effect the team for the away EPL game against Swansea. We have a poor record against them and we need to win that one for sure.

I said after the last game and Ill say it again, I really think we will win and go through. Bring the haters!

Geoff Arsenal ‏@GeoffArsenal
    Change of keeper for Weds, Jack is NOT in the squad, Gibbs is back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,460 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Podolski is out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Richard Keyes said earlier that Wilshere is in Dubai.

Didn't Geoff Arsenal say Arsenal had bid over £30 million for a player in January

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement