Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Would love to know what we've done to RTE. Cunningham saying we'll struggle to make Europa League!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Would kenny cunningham ever **** back to whatever hole he crawled out of it he fairly has it in for us what a tosser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Shreeves really is a horrible cunf isnt he, classic reply from jenks "i dont want to talk about that now" haha

What did the arsehole say?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

Dunphy and the panel partaking in some fabolous hyperbole and overall bolloxology too.

Wont even make the Europa league now according to Kenny and Eamo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

keano_afc wrote: »
    Would love to know what we've done to RTE. Cunningham saying we'll struggle to make Europa League!

trying to fit in with the other dated clowns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

sour. cant shake it.

Omeceron wrote: »

It's as if Kenny is trying to outdo Dunphy in his outlandishness. As he might say, "Not a chance baby".

Omeceron wrote: »

Despite having beaten one of the favourites, Bayern Munich, 2-0 in the Allianz arena :rolleyes:

Dont get me wrong im not saying we're fantastic or anything but were not as bad as they make us out. We defended relatively well tonight. Gave the ball away granted but we have the base of a good team. The elephant in the room is whether we'll buy top class players or not going forward

It wasn't even Dunphy and Giles to be fair most of the Arsenal hate mongering came from Cunningham , I suppose thats the kind of bitterness you end up when you spend most of you're career hoofing the ball at Birmingham ....No need of it at all I counted at least 5 or 6 times he put the boot in on us ,

Yeah we didn't play well granted, but we beat Bayern Munich 2-0 in there own patch something no ones managed this season, This so called superteam who are 20 points clear of there own league, (doesn't say much for the rest of the Bundesliga btw)

Hope they get Barcelona in the next round although knowing our luck with Cup Draws we should be in they'll get Galatasary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

What did the arsehole say?
    Said to Jenks that its now 8 years without a trophy and Jenks just said i dont want to talk about that now dismissively haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Said to Jenks that its now 8 years without a trophy and Jenks just said i dont want to talk about that now dismissively haha

Shreeves continues his crusade of stating the obvious and being a wanker while doing it. Don't know why players entertain him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I don't think Dunphy agreed with Cunningham to be fair when he said we aren't even up for the Europa League .....

Very impressed with Jenkinson tonight - this lad was at Eastbourne 2 seasons ago. Also hope that Szczesny and Vermaelen stay on the bench at the weekend - Fabianski and Koscielny deserve to start at the weekend and as long as they keep up the good performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Now that I think of it, I don't think I would mind seeing the team that finished tonight start at the weekend.

The biggest problem with that, I realise, is having to watch Gervinho play and frustrate me, but in fairness he did create a chance tonight, something which very few others on the pitch did and certainly no one else on the bench would have been capable of doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

It wasn't even Dunphy and Giles to be fair most of the Arsenal hate mongering came from Cunningham , I suppose thats the kind of bitterness you end up when you spend most of you're career hoofing the ball at Birmingham ....No need of it at all I counted at least 5 or 6 times he put the boot in on us ,

Yeah we didn't play well granted, but we beat Bayern Munich 2-0 in there own patch something no ones managed this season, This so called superteam who are 20 points clear of there own league, (doesn't say much for the rest of the Bundesliga btw)

Hope they get Barcelona in the next round although knowing our luck with Cup Draws we should be in they'll get Galatasary

Anyone want to see abuse at Cunningham click here! https://twitter.com/search?q=kenny%20cunningham&src=typd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    Anyone want to see abuse at Cunningham click here! https://twitter.com/search?q=kenny%20cunningham&src=typd

Would not worry about Cunningham, he was never good enough to play for us, let alone to have a valid opinion.

TheCoolWay wrote: »

Some of the abuse going a bit far tbh. Yes he was overly critical of Arsenal but its his opinion at the end of the day. I do have to laugh at these ordinary people dismissing Cunningham's opinion because he only played for Wimbledon or Birmingham. :rolleyes: Firstly, who did any of these keyboard warriors on twitter play for? and secondly did anyone complain about Kenny Cunningham when he was a terrific servant for Ireland in all those games?

I think KC going a bit far personally but he is right in suggesting that we do have a serious battle on our hands though i doubt anyone is under any illusions about that

So who is going to get started against Swansea on Saturday, Gibbs or Monreal?

I'd keep the defence exactly the way it is, maybe replace Gibbs with Monreal at half time.

So who is going to get started against Swansea on Saturday, Gibbs or Monreal?

I'd keep the defence exactly the way it is, maybe replace Gibbs with Monreal at half time.

Gibbs might have the beatings of his Swansea counterpart as he played so well there back in the cup but he gets caught out of position far too often. Kocielny has to start. Immense tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Great effort from the lads tonight. I'd start the same back 5 v Swansea, they all earned it tonight. Only change I'd consider would be monreal in just because Gibbs is only back. Can't help but wonder if we'd signed another striker in January would we have done it tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Great effort from the lads tonight. I'd start the same back 5 v Swansea, they all earned it tonight. Only change I'd consider would be monreal in just because Gibbs is only back. Can't help but wonder if we'd signed another striker in January would we have done it tonight.

Cant help but wonder if Wilshere was fit tonight would we have done it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Gibbs won't start again after playing tonight

And a few reliables on twitter tonight suggesting jacks ankle is fooked

Stick up Gibbs left wing higher up the field and link up with Monreal what ye think of that ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is it just me or is 7/1 a huge price for Arsenal to win on tomorrow? Not to progress, but just to win the tie.

Well if nothing else, Arsenal got me out of a Cheltenham sized hole, just a shame you couldn't nick the third.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Right, just the performance we needed.

Ultimately, Bayern focused on defending and we weren't that great against them, despite winning 2 nil.

But if the team put in 10 more performances like that this season against premiership opposition, then the race for fourth will be we'll and truly on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Oh yeah, and Giroud has to start. Not for the goals but he's a beast at defending set pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Can't believe people are happy with that; arsenal were shít, barely managing a fúcking shot. No threat at all going forward

Bayern were poor as well for most of the game but managed 19 shots, 5 on target. Arsenal had 4, 2 - the goals - on target

It's a good result - on paper. Not a great performance, far from it.

also hopefully Ramsey is left behind in Wales on Saturday or put down whichever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Proud of the win.
    Concerned our midfield was poor.
    Worried over swansea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Great result, hopefully we can kick on in the league now and clinch a top 4 spot. It's still very achievable imo. We need to win most of our games though.

Swansea v Arsenal
    Arsenal v Reading
    West Brom v Arsenal
    Arsenal v Norwich
    Arsenal v Everton
    Fulham v Arsenal
    Arsenal v Man Utd
    QPR v Arsenal
    Arsenal v Wigan
    Newcastle v Arsenal

Apart from the United game, we're more than capable of winning the rest of those game. We all know that won't happen, but I think we'll have a very good run-in.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Does no-one feel annoyed that once again, Arsenal turn it on when the tie is practically over, when no pressure is on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

dfx- wrote: »
    Does no-one feel annoyed that once again, Arsenal turn it on when the tie is practically over, when no pressure is on...

Arsenal turned nothing on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

dfx- wrote: »

Did you even watch the match? The first goal was good, but other than that, this was a Europa League group stage match-up, not the Champions League Knockout stages. Arsenal were shite, so just use your imagination to figure out how bad Bayern were

Arsenal were never gonna beat Bayern by playing slick one-touch football. Munich are a better side than us, we saw what happened at the Emirates when we tried to play ball. Tonight we needed to be solid at the back and play on the counter. Chelsea won a Champions League by doing that last season. I don't understand all the negative comments about how we played. People complain when we try to play nice football and get caught out defensively and then they complain when we focus on defending and win. I know 2-0 wasn't enough but there won't be many teams that'll get that result at Bayern. To say the performance wasn't pleasing on the eye is correct but to call it a bad performance just seems wide of the mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I thought it was a great result and a Really good away performance. we didn't play slick passing football but we did stop bayern from playing and we did look very solid at the back well for arsenal standard.

United didn't play Real in Madrid yet their fans were creaming themselves, we beat a world class side away and our fans are doom and gloom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

Cant help but wonder if Wilshere was fit tonight would we have done it :(

He was crap v Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Serously Ramsey was absolute cack last night, that pass at the corner of the box, theo 1 side, carzorla the other side robben in the middle and it goes straight to robben and i mean straight, robben didn't even have to move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Can't believe people are happy with that; arsenal were shít, barely managing a fúcking shot. No threat at all going forward

Bayern were poor as well for most of the game but managed 19 shots, 5 on target. Arsenal had 4, 2 - the goals - on target

It's a good result - on paper. Not a great performance, far from it.

also hopefully Ramsey is left behind in Wales on Saturday or put down whichever

Only 2 months ago we rewarded him with a 60k a week contract,so no sign of him going anywhere,why would he,do you honestly think another club would give him that contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

I can't believe people are criticising the performance last night. Seriously, Bayern Munich. Away.

Most United fans were happy with the result against Real Madrid in the first leg, yet Arsenal go to Munich, a team who are as good as if not better than RM (20 points ahead in Bundesliga, conceded only 10 goals in the league this season, haven't lost since October) win 2-0 and people say we played sh!t.

The mind boggles. :confused:

Ramsey hate again, he wasn't his best but was way better than arteta, and cazorla but yet he gets all the bile

Same old same old

• Advertisement

On another note wenger got his tactics spot on and made the right calls about the team too but no mention of that

Some fans just wanna moan no matter what, we just beat one of the best teams in Europe away but ye still moan

Ye must have not enjoyed our last trophy win when we were played off the park for 120 mins and scrapped by on penos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Anyone else think Jenks was amazing last night. His recovery and tackle when Robben was through was brilliant

jonny666 wrote: »
    Anyone else think Jenks was amazing last night. His recovery and tackle when Robben was through was brilliant

He was immense, not sure if he is ready to be out RB next year still a little inconsistent
    But we def have a proper player on our hands for years to come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

beware Arsenal fans.

this seems about right.
    @RorySmithTimes

Arsene Wenger, Sept 1, 2013: "We did not need to strengthen. You saw in Munich the fantastic abilities this team possesses."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Ramsey hate again, he wasn't his best but was way better than arteta, and cazorla but yet he gets all the bile

Same old same old

To be fair Ramsey was very poor, himself and Rosicky gave the ball away countless times, I would be interested to see Ramsey's pass completion %, it would have to be less than 50%..

SlickRic wrote: »
    beware Arsenal fans.

this seems about right.

This has been something going through my head during the night, I really hope he sees what the team needs to make a 2-0 win in Munich enough to qualify for the next round.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Same old same old

Ye same old same old alright.

Can't even make a simple two yard pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,467 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Loads of posters sticking by their favourite players on here. Ramsey has his disciples. Giroud has his disciples, Walcott the same.
    Can lads not agree to judge players on their performance in each individual match and call a spade a spade.
    No player plays well all the time, some players have many poor games. Some deserve to be dropped for having many consecutive poor games.
    Just call it as it is and stop defending crap displays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Haven't seen as much of him as you lads but has Walcott gone backwards since signing his contract? He went through a real purple patch when all the speculation was on going but haven't heard or seen much from him since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

SlickRic wrote: »
    beware Arsenal fans.

this seems about right.

I'm not sure that will stand - even after the Emirates game he said he didn't think Bayern Munich were the strongest team in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Haven't seen as much of him as you lads but has Walcott gone backwards since signing his contract? He went through a real purple patch when all the speculation was on going but haven't heard or seen much from him since.

He went on a great run after he signed the contract but has been a bit quiet since then

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement