Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

There's just enough time for this bi-polar Arsenal side to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory down in Brighton and force Wenger into a panic buy or 2 before the window closes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

After reading some quotes from Arsenes press conferences, I'm feeling even more worried that we won't be signing anybody. Is it me or does Arsene change his mind every 24 hours? Or is he just a massive troll?.. Or has he actually lost it completely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

dvemail wrote: »
    Don't know if anybody seen it yet but here Deloitte's Football Money League. After taking it off @SwissRamble.

BBYB7ITCEAAzAyg.jpg:large

Can see why Arsenal are reluctant to change ticket prices when it counts for about 40% of our revenue. Our commercial revenue is pretty shocking when you compare it to the clubs around us. Hopefully now with this new Emirates deal and maybe one with Addidas to come we will be able to compete more in the transfer window.

Not exactly sure what that table leaves in and leaves out.
    If i am thinking right, the positive thing about that table for Arsenal is that they are not as debt riddled or sugar daddy dependent as some of the other teams up at the top.

The negative for both English and Spanish teams is that there are a lot of Germans in there and AFAIK they have shag all debt.

Beware the Germans are coming.
    Why else would Guardiola have turned down the likes of Chelsea and City. ;)

Oh and can anyone give us some happy news that some of the dead wood has been moved out permanently ?
    Any rumours about Squillaci finally reaching his 500 senior appearance somewhere else ?

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

After reading some quotes from Arsenes press conferences, I'm feeling even more worried that we won't be signing anybody. Is it me or does Arsene change his mind every 24 hours? Or is he just a massive troll?.. Or has he actually lost it completely?

I just think he isn't that concerned about the general public knowing his plans or thoughts. It's frustrating but I'd rather that than someone like Redknapp, having a cosy chat with SSN at every opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

danlen wrote: »
    I just think he isn't that concerned about the general public knowing his plans or thoughts. It's frustrating but I'd rather that than someone like Redknapp, having a cosy chat with SSN at every opportunity.

It's a well known fact that the drivers window in Arsenes car has been broken for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Arsene saying we have two players in every position? That's it so we won't be signing anybody!

We probably do have two players for every position.

The only problem is, some of them are shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Weather we sign players or not dont ever take what wenger says in his press conference seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

It's a well known fact that the drivers window in Arsenes car has been broken for some time.
    Most of our signings come in the booster seat in the back of his car

Miguel Delaney seems pretty convinced the Villa business will come to nothing :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Guillem Balague's been saying similar all month, he did say a few days ago that Wenger would try and go big for him near the end of the window though.

• Advertisement

Don't really mind about Villa if we can get a younger striker. I'd actually rather Jovetic to Villa as he's 8 years younger.

The guy who was @AFCAMDEN "99.9" believe that arsenal "will sign 1, possibly 2 players". A few other have mentioned that we were very close to 1. Anyway, here's his a/c @DeanLDN22.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Weather we sign players or not dont ever take what wenger says in his press conference seriously

A bit like an irish whetherman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Roll out the red carpet, hang out the bunting and wave your flags ......,,

Mr. Nobody is about to arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

This has been said before here, but I'm getting worried that if we don't sign anyone, it's because Wenger is saving the funds for whoever replaces him in the summer. Hopefully that isn't the case.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    This has been said before here, but I'm getting worried that if we don't sign anyone, it's because Wenger is saving the funds for whoever replaces him in the summer. Hopefully that isn't the case.
    I wouldnt say I want him to go but tbh I wouldnt be afraid of it either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

We will sign someone, probably 2. Wenger loves watching the fans speculate and then sign someone we don't expect. He's only giving us what we want, if we had signed someone already we would be on their back for another. This way he only has to sign 1 or 2 so we still get someone and they think they've done a good job.

If that was the case would he not just say straight out that we wouldn't be signing anyone, and talk about the strengths of the current squad and all that? Even if so, I wouldn't complain about him going too much because we don't seem to be getting anywhere with him anymore.

If that was the case would he not just say straight out that we wouldn't be signing anyone, and talk about the strengths of the current squad and all that? Even if so, I wouldn't complain about him going too much because we don't seem to be getting anywhere with him anymore.

Liverpool didn't look like getting anywhere with Rafa. But I suspect you'll find very few now who wouldn't love to go back and keep him instead of letting him go. We know with Wenger we will be there or thereabouts. With the league being more competitive now, I'd worry that a change in manager could see us follow Liverpool's path. The change will come sooner or later, but it's not something I'm looking forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

I don't believe Wenger when he says that he was never interested in Zaha.

I do believe the theory that we weren't willing to spend £20m for a player to arrive in the summer when we need solutions now.

However, if we don't get these solutions now, and we've missed out on Zaha (boyhood Arsenal fan), well then.................

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

meriwether wrote: »

I do believe the theory that we weren't willing to spend £20m for a player to arrive in the summer when we need solutions now.

However, if we don't get these solutions now, and we've missed out on Zaha (boyhood Arsenal fan), well then.................

I think thats crazy money for Zaha. We could buy an actual proven player for that. Zaha wouldn't have been a solution, he's a bright prospect thats about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

We've already spent big bucks on a young winger in the form of Chambo and while I'm a fan he's not exactly producing enough to justify what we spent on him imo. We could have bought another in the mould of Podolski or Giroud for the same amount.

In a few years though when he's developed a little more I do think he'll have been worth every penny.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think thats crazy money for Zaha. We could buy an actual proven player for that. Zaha wouldn't have been a solution, he's a bright prospect thats about it.
    100% we've got enough of these on the books at the minute, we need proven players when you look at what we paid for Santi $20m for Zaha would be mad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Roll out the red carpet, hang out the bunting and wave your flags ......,,

Mr. Nobody is about to arrive.

Indeed, I posted at the start of the transfer window that we would not sign any new players, or if we did it would be who is left at the last minute, ie bargain basement prices. Same old Arsenal rhetoric..... the man is not for turning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

meriwether wrote: »

Quite glad we didn't sign Zaha regardless of what else happens. Don't give a **** about the cash but happy to not have another players developmental period to worry us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Seems Frimpong has joined Fulham on loan for the rest of the season. Hope he can stay injury free during this loan spell.

• Advertisement

Sky Sports reporting we have bid 20m for Jovevic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The FA cup game against Brighton is live & FTA on German TV (Sport 1).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Sky Sports reporting we have bid 20m for Jovevic.

Fiorentina confirm that Arsenal have made a bid

Would it be near enough to get him anybody know?

We offer 20m and they want 25m.
    Not too far away. I'd say we'll get him for 22m.

• Advertisement

We offer 20m and they want 25m.
    Not too far away. I'd say we'll get him for 22m.
    Is all this coming from sky? How handy is this lad?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

greendom wrote: »
    Fiorentina confirm that Arsenal have made a bid

Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Jovetic would be a serious signing, any legit sources yet though?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Dont know much about him. Seems to have a 3 in 1 goal scoring record with Fioretina mostly playing as a winger/behind the striker which is pretty good. Would seem like a strange signing.

shano_88 wrote: »
    Dont know much about him. Seems to have a 3 in 1 goal scoring record with Fioretina mostly playing as a winger/behind the striker which is pretty good. Would seem like a strange signing.

8 in 16 league games this season. 23 years old and likened to Roberto Baggio

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Have you seen him play much? Where was he playing this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

And 14 in 27 last season.

Can't find any sources, bar Twitter nonsense, on Fiorentina confirming a bid.

shano_88 wrote: »
    Have you seen him play much? Where was he playing this season?

no haven't watched italian football since it was live on C4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Can't find anything online.

I'm calling bull till then :(

Same, anybody i would half trust on twitter haven't said anything on it yet.
    So by that logic, he will be playing up front for us against Liverpool on Wednesday. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Stats profile for Jovetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Joevtic seems like he'd be a great signing. (based on reputation as I haven't seen much of him live)

Definitely the sort of signing that we fans need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Il believe it when I see it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Jovetic rumour appears to have been started by Caughtoffside (well known spoofers), picked up by Gazzetta del Sport, then onto Sky... although even they seem to have removed any mention of it.

Sadly, it looks like another pipe dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

whens the cup game on the weekend ?? On TV ?

Jack to skipper the side tomorrow with Verm out injured, according to twitter.

Deadly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Jovetic rumour appears to have been started by Caughtoffside (well known spoofers), picked up by Gazzetta del Sport, then onto Sky... although even they seem to have removed any mention of it.

Sadly, it looks like another pipe dream.

Well at least it's more plausible than the cavani rumour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Frimpong gone to Fulham on loan. Our small squad is decreasing rapidly by the day. We must surely be buying?

Quotes on Twitter attributed to Ivan the terrible that FFP was never our strategy. Talk about moving the goal posts...

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Frimpong gone to Fulham on loan. Our small squad is decreasing rapidly by the day. We must surely be buying?

Quotes on Twitter attributed to Ivan the terrible that FFP was never our strategy. Talk about moving the goal posts...

Has Frimpong even played for us this season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Has Frimpong even played for us this season?

Not as far as I know but hes been on the bench a few times lately, so hes been on the cusp of the first team meaning once again were leaving ourselves short unless someone comes in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement