Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

I rate Diaby as a player but i sort of feel like Quazzie about it too. Sometimes i dont know whether to be upset for the man or roll the eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,476 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Agreed time to ship him out, I feel sorry for him but he has been picking up a hefty wage for to long now without getting any decent returns. I can only think of one great performance this season not good enough for a player picking up 60k a week. Wenger or the board need to be plannng for life without him now.

On Gibbs meh when we had Santos id be cursing myself but Monreal has slotted in nicely not a huge loss.

Hope Monreal stays fit though. Who have we as back-up for him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Hope Monreal stays fit though. Who have we as back-up for him?

True but its not a disaster with Gibbs being unfit, no team can have three to four top notch left backs in there ranks.

I rate Diaby as a player but i sort of feel like Quazzie about it too. Sometimes i dont know whether to be upset for the man or roll the eyes.

I rate him too but this is now a bridge too far.
    No player with an injury list that long should be kept no matter who they are.
    It's getting like Zulu Dawn at Arsenal now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

BREAKING NEWS!

Diaby is breaking.

Good luck to him, he's been leeching off the club for far too long. Offer to pay up his contract and get rid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

BREAKING NEWS!

Diaby is breaking.

Good luck to him, he's been leeching off the club for far too long. Offer to pay up his contract and get rid.

To call that unfair would be an understatement. Poor bloke is probably in the pits of despair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

BREAKING NEWS!

Diaby is breaking.

yeah what a chancer ! Getting all those injuries so he wouldn't have to play :rolleyes:

If anyone's a leech at the club atm it's Arshavin - I really don't think you can accuse Diaby of this

greendom wrote: »
    yeah what a chancer ! Getting all those injuries so he wouldn't have to play :rolleyes:

If anyone's a leech at the club atm it's Arshavin - I really don't think you can accuse Diaby of this

Arshavin could now get his chance to play through the middle too.
    We'll see what he's made of if he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Diaby needs to take a pay cut and be loaned out. If he can't shake the injury he needs to retire, he hasn't been injury free for more than 2 months at a time since the ankle break. The man has all the talent and would be the answer to Vieira IMO.

To call that unfair would be an understatement. Poor bloke is probably in the pits of despair.

The 50,000 a week he's been on for the last two years and for the next two will keep him comfortable dont worry about the guy.
    greendom wrote: »

Ya Arshavin is a leech, we can lob a few more into the pot while we are at it. Daiby has done sweet F.A. for the club. Absolutely not his fault he's made of paper but he's worth nothing to the club. Nobody is gonna buy him from us. All he is doing is collect a huge wage. Get rid asap

• Advertisement

Why not let Arshavin play in the middle? His actual position. Not out wide left.

Why not let Arshavin play in the middle? His actual position. Not out wide left.

Becasue he's a lazy shiite regardless of were he plays his time at Arsenal is up he knows it Wenger knows it everyone knows it, him or Cazorla. Cazorla everyday of the week.

Becasue he's a lazy shiite regardless of were he plays his time at Arsenal is up he knows it Wenger knows it everyone knows it, him or Cazorla. Cazorla everyday of the week.

If its a straight up choice Santi wins but he cant play every minute of every game. Why not try Arshavin?

If its a straight up choice Santi wins but he cant play every minute of every game. Why not try Arshavin?

I get what your saying but do you really think if you seen Arshavin come on he would or could change the game? I have no faith in him whatsoever anymore in an Arsenal shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Diaby on form is one of the best in his position. Even off form he is still useful. It's just a shame he is so rarely fit enough to even attempt to be on form.

Cause Arshavin doesnt try very much himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭hsbc

How's Denilson doing at Sao Paolo? Worth a recall?

We could do with frimpong around especially with Wilshire out for a few weeks. He'd supply some energy from midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Frimpong is a good shout, not sure he can be recalled though. Love watching him play for Arsenal, never seen a player play so intensely for the club.

Arshavin needs to be given some time, maybe even against Reading. Last straw for him, he's gone in the summer if he doesn't start trying. Just looks like nobody will take him, even Zenit pulled out. God knows he will be top class again once he leaves if he's top dog at a small club.

hsbc wrote: »

No. Stick on Gunnersaurus before bringing that waster back. Let him stay in Brazil until his contract expires if needs be.

So what team will be selected on Saturday lads?

Same keeper and back four.

Rosicky, Arteta, Cazorla and Oxo.
    Podolski and Giroud.

Subs -- Ramsey, Vermaillen, Gervinho, Czsz etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

hopefully this is the end of diaby at arsenal. hes been unlucky but i dont think were doing ourselves any favours by keeping him on the books.

bar looking a bit like him diaby is nothing like viera

Can we be done with him now please?

Hear hear. We forget that these men are like fine tuned engines where one defect could jeopardise their future performances.

hsbc wrote: »

I'd have more faith in Diaby's legs than Denilson :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

For those who say that the 60 grand a week will cheer Diaby up, I really don't believe that. I'd say the guy would give away every cent he's ever earned just to be injury free for even one season. I find the lack of empathy towards him from certain Arsenal fans sad really. Yes he's an employee of the club but first and foremost, he's a human being that's had his dream taken away from him through no fault of his own.

I know this won't be popular but if Wilshere doesn't come back quickly and properly then he should be sold at the first opportunity while we can get a price for him. If he's going to be glass-footed then I'm sorry but we should cut our losses. Anyone with a brain could see 3/4 years ago that Diaby was never going to play a big part for us and we stuck with him. Hell we had people this season talking about how we should play with him in the team, as if we'd be building around him.:rolleyes:

I know this won't be popular but if Wilshere doesn't come back quickly and properly then he should be sold at the first opportunity while we can get a price for him. If he's going to be glass-footed then I'm sorry but we should cut our losses. Anyone with a brain could see 3/4 years ago that Diaby was never going to play a big part for us and we stuck with him. Hell we had people this season talking about how we should play with him in the team, as if we'd be building around him.:rolleyes:

Wilshere is being cynically targeted by teams though. Bound to pick up injuries from that. Give him a break ffs. He is only 21 and still developing. On top of that he had a reasonable run of games from his return. Its not as if he is out every second game.

Wilshere is being cynically targeted by teams though. Bound to pick up injuries from that. Give him a break ffs. He is only 21 and still developing. On top of that he had a reasonable run of games from his return. Its not as if he is out every second game.

Like I said, if he doesn't return from this properly and in a timely fashion.
    He's only 21 as you say and if anything has been overplayed so far. The fact that he's the first name on our teamsheet after more than a year out injured is a disgrace as far as I'm concerned.
    Anyway with his current injury would anyone be surprised if he's out for the rest of the season? If that happens it means he'll have under 30 matches in 2 seasons, not someone I want to be pinning my hopes on.

No player is bigger than the club.
    Nobody is indispensable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

It's funny how the reaction to losing Diaby to a long term injury for some people is to sell our best player. Bafling :confused:

Quazzie wrote: »
    It's funny how the reaction to losing Diaby to a long term injury for some people is to sell our best player. Bafling :confused:

Got a link to anyone saying that? Or are you just making **** up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Quazzie wrote: »

It's ridiculous. Unlike Diaby, Jack after a long absence has pretty much just played for 4 or 5 months straight, has Diaby managed that long a run at all in the last 7 years?

Also, Diaby was injury prone before the Dan Smith tackle anyway, and he was a crock at Auxerre too, I recall the Auxerre manager at the time (Santini?) complaining about how injury prone he was, he only played 12 times or so in one and a half seasons in the Auxerre first team.

Diaby is just not up to it in physical terms, he never was. It is not fair to compare with Wilshere at all. I remember a year or two back on a match thread, Diaby was introduced as a sub and a number of us "jokingly" commented along the lines of "How long til we have to take him off injured?", and sure enough to our amusement/frustration he was taken off after about 15 minutes! Wilshere is worrying, Diaby is the stuff of "you couldn't make it up" by now.

I don't believe Wenger rested him enough since he returned (though that might have been easier were Diaby not a perma-crock), if he is managed for a while in terms of play:rest he'll I believe he'll be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Got a link to anyone saying that? Or are you just making **** up?
    I know this won't be popular but if Wilshere doesn't come back quickly and properly then he should be sold at the first opportunity while we can get a price for him.:
    ;)

jordainius wrote: »
    It's ridiculous. Unlike Diaby, Jack after a long absence has pretty much just played for 4 or 5 months straight, has Diaby managed that long a run at all in the last 7 years?

Also, Diaby was injury prone before the Dan Smith tackle anyway, and he was a crock at Auxerre too, I recall the Auxerre manager at the time (Santini?) complaining about how injury prone he was, he only played 12 times or so in one and a half seasons in the Auxerre first team.

Diaby is just not up to it in physical terms, he never was. It is not fair to compare with Wilshere at all. I remember a year or two back on a match thread, Diaby was introduced as a sub and a number of us "jokingly" commented along the lines of "How long til we have to take him off injured?", and sure enough to our amusement/frustration he was taken off after about 15 minutes! Wilshere is worrying, Diaby is the stuff of "you couldn't make it up" by now.

I don't believe Wenger rested him enough since he returned (though that might have been easier were Diaby not a perma-crock), if he is managed for a while in terms of play:rest he'll I believe he'll be fine.

We'll find out over the next while if Wilshere is physically up for it or not. The pattern with his last injury was worrying, constantly almost ok then something goes wrong again. If (there's that word again) we end up with another farce like that then I'll be extremely worried.
    The pattern reminds me of Diaby in a sense because of the whole idea that they should be the engine of a midfield and **** which means that the rest of the midfield should suit them. Diaby should've been shipped out a long time ago and wasn't, I don't want to see us making the same mistake again and some signs are there. Hopefully he'll fly back and lead us to 3rd, we'll see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

We'll find out over the next while if Wilshere is physically up for it or not. The pattern with his last injury was worrying, constantly almost ok then something goes wrong again. If (there's that word again) we end up with another farce like that then I'll be extremely worried.
    The pattern reminds me of Diaby in a sense because of the whole idea that they should be the engine of a midfield and **** which means that the rest of the midfield should suit them. Diaby should've been shipped out a long time ago and wasn't, I don't want to see us making the same mistake again and some signs are there. Hopefully he'll fly back and lead us to 3rd, we'll see.

Wilshere is homegrown, younger, a fan favourite and a playmaker.

Honestly, the only comparison that can be made between him and Diaby as that they are both footballers. Come back to me if Wilshere is still unjured in seven years time. Then we can talk about Arsenal selling him.

I have to believe anyone advocating seeing Wilshere, for any reason, is on the wind up.

Look at the trouble van Persie had, and look at him now. Players get injuries. You dont sell as soon as they do.

So if he spends the next year out we don't do anything different then? Christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Can you stop ****ing iffing and butting about Wilshere. Its bad enough being an Arsenal fan already without people banging on about a hypothetical situation where we sell our biggest talent and probably 2nd best player who is only 21 and is almost certain to be the club captain in the next 2 years.

AdamD wrote: »
    Can you stop ****ing iffing and butting about Wilshere. Its bad enough being an Arsenal fan already without people banging on about a hypothetical situation where we sell our biggest talent and probably 2nd best player who is only 21 and is almost certain to be the club captain in the next 2 years.

So it's all "positivity" and nothing else then? Same old **** then.

• Advertisement

You are being infinitely negative...I've seen posts of yours which assume Wilshere will miss the whole of NEXT season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

You can be negative if you want. But at least make it relevant, not some hypothetical situation where Wilshere gets injured again.

So we've got Diaby returning around Christmas next year, who does everyone think we should have in midfield with him to push for the title?

So we've got Diaby returning around Christmas next year, who does everyone think we should have in midfield with him to push for the title?

Ramsey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

So if he spends the next year out we don't do anything different then? Christ.

Year? No, stick with him.

Two years, still no.

If it goes on year after year, then perhaps. I don't believe it will tough.

I just can't see him being as bad as Diaby. I see where you're coming from though, we can't build a team around a guy who is unavailable more often than not. I just think we need to be a lot more patient with Jack, he's still only 21, and his current injury is not be as bad as many of us are fearing (touch wood), we're only fearing that based on his previous ankle injury and justified mistrust of what comes out of our club in terms of injury news (the dreaded 2-3 weeks).

We've seen long term injuries ruin players (Eduardo, Diaby, Rosicky) but we've also seen players come out the other side like RVP and Ramsey (while his form is certainly debatable he has been ok in injury terms), maybe we should be worried about JW but there is certainly no need to panic yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Djourou has started in almost all of Hannover's league and European fixtures since joining in January which is quite incredible.

Question is how many minutes in total has he played does anyone know? Has he been taken off in any games?

League: 9 apps. 9 starts, subbed off 1, 794mins = avg. 88.22 per appearance
    Europa League: 2 apps. 2 starts, subbed off 0, 180mins

http://int.soccerway.com/players/johan-djourou/200/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Button, you've finally gone and lost the plot.

Selling Wilshire would be insane. Even if he's out for a year, are you seriously suggesting Arsenal would be better off with some more money in the bank rather than the potential of Wilshire?

Seriously?

As regards Diaby, I'm gutted for him. I actually don't know how good he is. Think people are basing their opinions on one great game against Liverpool but the sad thing is he's never gotten 10 games in a row to get into top form.

I don't really see the point in getting rid of him though. Leave him on the treatment table till his contract runs down.

As regards the comments about him being a leech. I'd just like to ask anyone with a negative opinion of Diaby if they could identify for me where he went wrong and what he should have done instead?

I've a feeling that I'm asking some spotty teenage keyboard warriors here though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The Next Gen semi is live on Eurosport 2 at 4pm.

gosplan wrote: »
    Button, you've finally gone and lost the plot.

Selling Wilshire would be insane. Even if he's out for a year, are you seriously suggesting Arsenal would be better off with some more money in the bank rather than the potential of Wilshire?

Seriously?
    Jesus. After the last 8 years we're still talking about running the club on potential?
    As regards Diaby, I'm gutted for him. I actually don't know how good he is. Think people are basing their opinions on one great game against Liverpool but the sad thing is he's never gotten 10 games in a row to get into top form.

I don't really see the point in getting rid of him though. Leave him on the treatment table till his contract runs down.

As regards the comments about him being a leech. I'd just like to ask anyone with a negative opinion of Diaby if they could identify for me where he went wrong and what he should have done instead?

I've a feeling that I'm asking some spotty teenage keyboard warriors here though.
    I don't think leeches choose to live how they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Jesus. After the last 8 years we're still talking about running the club on potential?

I don't think leeches choose to live how they do.

Leech has a perjorative meaning when applied to people i.e. "leeching of the state"

Shouldn't have been used to describe Diaby's situation with Arsenal.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement