Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

3, good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Well I captained him in FF, of course he's not going to score...

There you go, goal for giroud! And another assist for Gerv:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Bloody typical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Co-commentators a bit of an arsehole

HE GAVE US A PENALTY

(was actually probably just on the line or outside:P)

Arteta converts it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Never a penalty but it cancels out the penalty they should have had in the first half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Sweet Michu has just scored for Swansea

Looks like a good day for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Chelsea 2-1 down still.

Full time. Job done and a good performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Good win. with Chelsea looking likely to loose there now dragged right into it aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,484 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Very easy win. Pity Swansea didn't get a draw.

Spurs didn't lose points but at least Chelsea have lost. They have by far the worst run in already and now we're only two behind them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Spurs didn't lose points but at least Chelsea have lost. They have by far the worst run in already and now we're only two behind them.

They play spurs in a couple of weeks too I think, a draw there and we're in pole position for 3rd if we hold wins where we should

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Does the begining of Chelsea's awful run in start after this weekend? What's their next few fixtures looking like, it's 6 games within 9 days or something right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Comfortable victory today.

Liked how busy Gervinho was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Does the begining of Chelsea's awful run in start after this weekend? What's their next few fixtures looking like, it's 6 games within 9 days or something right?

Started today, now they have Man U in the FA Cup on Monday. Then a UEFA Cup game on Thursday, and another league game on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

TheGunns wrote: »
    Fabianski too? You'd think with Wenger playing him that he would resign him as there's unlikely to be many keepers happy to sit on the bench.

I'm not 100% sure he's out of contract but I think he is

I don't he is too happy with not playing & is/was looking to move on in the summer
    same for Mannone, think he's looking to move to get playing as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

Started today, now they have Man U in the FA Cup on Monday. Then a UEFA Cup game on Thursday, and another league game on Sunday.

I really hope they beat United and get at least a draw in the Europa League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

How did fab do today?

Any errors?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

It's still in Tottenham's and Chelsea's hands for top 4. We win next Saturday and the pressure is really on Chelsea and Tottenham next Sunday, slip up and they've given us back control of our own destiny.

Win our next two, even if Chelsea and Tottenham win next Sunday, they play each other the following Sunday, it will be back in our hands.

Two massive games for us, in the next two Saturdays. I'm hoping they have learnt lessons from recent seasons in these fixtures as we've slipped up at WBA and at home to Norwich in recent memory (at this stage of the season too) so there are no excuses for complacency. Still much work to be done but we're in a much stronger position now than we were a few weeks ago, this has been a crap season no matter what happens, but at least our top 4 prospects are looking much better right now.

gosplan wrote: »
    How did fab do today?

Any errors?

he had nothing to do

gosplan wrote: »
    How did fab do today?

Any errors?

No errors, but wasn't really tested, Reading were rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

If only we could play Reading every week.

If we win our next four of WBA, Norwich, Everton and Fulham, we would be on 65 points and I feel 70 is the target.

Raf32 wrote: »
    If we win our next four of WBA, Norwich, Everton and Fulham, we would be on 65 points and I feel 70 is the target.

Winning the next 4 would mean 9 wins in 10. Hope so but would be a bit surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

g3B3Ub1.jpg

So easy today, they even had time for a little waltz! :pac:

Am I the only one who much prefers Monreal over Gibbs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Nope, Monreal looks really good. Might see Gibbs pushed further up the pitch, he'd be good there too I think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

No - I think he's a more sold LB and he can only improve. Gibbs better at going forward but I'd sacrifice that in Monreal for his defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

It's fantastic that we have such quality in that position - not sure who'll be first choice going forward- same on the other flank too - Jenkinson has improved greatly this season.

Nope! But I'm happy to have Gibbs as well, we have two fairly reliable left backs now, I'm glad we'll never see Santos there again (touch wood) and Vermaelen wasn't up to it as a LB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Saw this on bbc sport and thought it was good - "Can you confirm, I just don't have a clue, I look with my eyes, can't believe what I view, is it really so real, is it actually true, Gervinho did score, and then set up two?!"

HazDanz wrote: »
    Saw this on bbc sport and thought it was good - "Can you confirm, I just don't have a clue, I look with my eyes, can't believe what I view, is it really so real, is it actually true, Gervinho did score, and then set up two?!"

Arsene must have told him he was playing for the Ivory Coast today ;)

Monreal was at fault for the goal today thought

• Advertisement

I have seen loads of team of the year and none have Santi in it. Surely has to be in it?

Dunno, seemed to be missing for a few months there.

Monreal is very good even if he did defend poorly for the Reading goal today.
    He will improve all the time. Takes time to settle.

Not so sure bout Santi on team of the year, a bit inconsistent this season, some reckon he's not as effective when Wilshere is in the starting XI.

That said, he's had a very good debut season, his stats are pretty impressive, 30 league appearances, 12 goals, 9 assists. Haven't seen the likes of that from a midfielder for us since Robert Pires.

jordainius wrote: »
    Not so sure bout Santi on team of the year, a bit inconsistent this season, some reckon he's not as effective when Wilshere is in the starting XI.

That said, he's had a very good debut season, his stats are pretty impressive, 30 league appearances, 12 goals, 9 assists. Haven't seen the likes of that from a midfielder for us since Robert Pires.

He was very good today and seemed to be enjoying his football, which is nice to see.

• Advertisement

Especially when you consider it's his first season in England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Haven't seen the likes of that from a midfielder for us since Robert Pires.

Cesc 09/10?

I miss Cesc :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Walcott 18 (11)
    Giroud 16 (10)
    Podolski 13 (9)
    Cazorla 12 (12)
    Gervinho 7 (5)
    Arteta 5 (5)

Koscielny 3 (1)
    Mr. Owen Goal 3 (3)
    Chamakh 2 (0)
    Mertesacker 2 (2)
    Oxlade-Chamberlain 2 (1)
    Wilshere 2 (0)
    Arshavin 1 (0)
    Gibbs 1 (0)
    Miquel 1 (0)
    Monreal 1 (1)
    Ramsey 1 (0)
    Rosicky 1 (0)
    Vermaelen 1 (0)

(League goals in brackets)

Hmmmm, looking like Gervinho may well break the ten mark by the end of the season. Haven't had five players do that in quite some time (by comparison last season we only had two).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

A much better position to be in compared to season last when all eyes were on RVP and if he didn't score or wasn't available, victory wasn't certain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Good win today. Need to keep the pressure on spurs and Chelsea. Everton are only 2 points behind us tho. They are our game in hand. Lose and they go a point ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

SACK WENGER!! :)

Giroud on 16 goals, I'd back him to finish ahead of Walcott on Galvasean's goalscorers chart, hopefully they'll both pass the 20 goal mark. For all the criticism Giroud has received, and for all the lazy pundits who have declared him a flop, if he breaks the 20 goal mark you'd have to call that a fairly good debut season for him. Not outstanding, but good.

Giroud on 16 goals, I'd back him to finish ahead of Walcott on Galvasean's goalscorers chart, hopefully they'll both pass the 20 goal mark. For all the criticism Giroud has received, and for all the lazy pundits who have declared him a flop, if he breaks the 20 goal mark you'd have to call that a fairly good debut season for him. Not outstanding, but good.

True that.
    I think Arsene will buy another striker this summer. Your last line describes Oli perfectly "not outstanding, but good"

True that.
    I think Arsene will buy another striker this summer. Your last line describes Oli perfectly "not outstanding, but good"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

He has bought two players from one club recently and they have both done well, I think he should go for the trifecta and bring in Isco.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement