Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Poor old Spurs are 2 down to Basle at home. Wheels coming off I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Poor old Spurs are 2 down to Basle at home. Wheels coming off I wonder?

Would probably prefer them to go on in that competition if I was truly honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

keano_afc wrote: »
    Would probably prefer them to go on in that competition if I was truly honest.

They've pulled it back to 2-2. Hopefully it will help tire them out for their tricky match against Everton on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Galvasean wrote: »
    They've pulled it back to 2-2. Hopefully it will help tire them out for their tricky match against Everton on Sunday.

And a bad ouch for Bale,looks bad enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Soups123 wrote: »
    And a bad ouch for Bale,looks bad enough

Looked like a bad one alright. Mixture of emotions really as he is a fine player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

I wouldn't wish injury on any player but if he is out for a while it gives us a great chance for a CL spot. Gallas and Lennon went off injured aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Saw a stat that Spurs haven't won a game in which Bale hasn't scored since New Year's Day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

dvemail wrote: »
    Looked like a bad one alright. Mixture of emotions really as he is a fine player.

Fine player, but fook that if he is out for the rest of the season I wont lie I'll be happy as fook as there half the team without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I wouldn't want to see anyone get injured but if I had to pick a guy to get injured it'd be him. Really big blow for spurs if he's out. He has single handedly won them a good few games this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

They abused Sagna when he broke his leg, couldnt care about him, hopefully he is fit for his medical to Madrid in the summer though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Raf32 wrote: »
    They abused Sagna when he broke his leg, couldnt care about him, hopefully he is fit for his medical to Madrid in the summer though!

Pretty sad in fairness, expected nothing less though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Gallas hasn't been up to much for them, but if they lose Bale and Lennon for a considerable period of time they're in big trouble. Everton are missing Felaini and Pienaar for Sunday's game btw.

KingdomYid wrote: »

I like Bale, but without him they arent this great team, and so I prefer them without Bale.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Gallas hasn't been up to much for them, but if they lose Bale and Lennon for a considerable period of time they're in big trouble. Everton are missing Felaini and Pienaar for Sunday's game btw.

Defoe out too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Injury aside, they were very poor tonight, looked tired and disinterested. Adebayor was toxic, Sigurdson, Holtby and Dembele were only a bit better. After Bale its hard to see where the goals will come from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Ya the abuse sanga got was brutal

jonny666 wrote: »
    Ya the abuse sanga got was brutal

Who is sanga???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Raf32 wrote: »

Real sad comment, grow up

Who is sanga???

Football player.

In fairness how is it sad? Spurs fans did abuse Sagna, majority of fans worldwide don't care about Bale or other players that don't play for the club they follow im happy if hes out for a few games to as it improves our chances of CL spot what true fan of there club wouldn't be. As for the Madrid comment its a bit of banter about a Spurs player going to Madrid in an Arsenal thread, get over it don't react.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Very sad for Bale if he's badly injured. Great player. We saw enough of that at Arsenal.
    It will prove if Spurs are a one man team though over the next few weeks if he's out.

LOL :pac:

Why should he care about bale?? Or was it the Madrid bit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

gosplan wrote: »
    Given that our 75 points will secure us third, I reckon so. Gotta feel sorry for Spurs though. That injury to Bale is really going to come at the wrong time.

kaaaa-BOOM

Although it was always a possibility.

But if we land 75 points and finish third, I want a prize.

Wonder who we'll get the draw against?

meh to all the moralising btw. Obviously no-one's happy that a great player is injured but as an Arsenal fan you have to be pleased that if Bale is out because it helps our club a lot. This however should not change the introspection of the club that will hopefully follow a season in which we're relying on Spurs or Chelsea to slip up or succumb to injuries rather than get the top four on our own merits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

BHCSI6aCMAANTiw.jpg:large

Jaysuuuuuuuuus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

The wheels really did come off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

That picture is sickening, couldnt watch the replay twice.

TheGunns wrote: »
    That picture is sickening, couldnt watch the replay twice.

Is a bit nasty alright, but if you seen the one from NBA that was floating around during the week it make's any leg break I seen before look like a walk in the park :eek:.

Apparently it's not that bad now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

Apparently it's not that bad now

Says who?

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    BHCSI6aCMAANTiw.jpg:large

Jaysuuuuuuuuus

I get that fans would be happy that Spurs could be without their best player, but the person actually liking this picture is a bit much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I get that fans would be happy that Spurs could be without their best player, but the person actually liking this picture is a bit much.

*goes back and likes picture*

As regards that pic. It's a freezeframe at a particularly nasty moment. if you ever play tennis or squash that thing happens a lot where you just stretch your ankle ligaments and have a sore one for a few days.

Wouldn't at all be surprised if he's back in a couple of weeks and Spurs just have the one premiership match in that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Who said he liked it? It's more likely that he thanked the poster for posting it. Big difference.

gosplan wrote: »
    *goes back and likes picture*

As regards that pic. It's a freezeframe at a particularly nasty moment. if you ever play tennis or squash that thing happens a lot where you just stretch your ankle ligaments and have a sore one for a few days.

Wouldn't at all be surprised if he's back in a couple of weeks and Spurs just have the one premiership match in that time.

Haha you little....:D

Yupp have done that myslf playing football and it kept me out about 2 weeks.

Who said he liked it? It's more likely that he thanked the poster for posting it. Big difference.

Yeah fair point, liking and thanking are different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Or it could be people are thanking him for posting the picture because they didn't see it themselves.

• Advertisement

Says who?

Yer aul one

I'm sorry. I'm in work but me mate was saying AVB says it's not too bad and he may only be out for two games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Ouch.

But at the same time, fcuk him. I'm sure spurs fans would not be showing any sympathy if it were the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Jesus you Arsenal fans are a friendly bunch!

Was honestly expecting to come on here to a lot of comments celebrating that injury and I would not blame you in the slightest if you did.

Maybe if he snapped his leg and it was a career-threatening injury you would want to temper your delight slightly at taking a huge stride towards Champions League qualification, but as is he'll be as good as new before next season at the absolute latest (noises from the BBC saying he might only miss a couple of games).

I know it's fashionable to say 'never nice seeing a player getting an injury', but to be honest it doesn't look particularly awful. I know that if Liverpool were in Arsenal's position right now I'd be dancing a jig tonight.

Looks like Wenger will secure another year of Champions League football (even if Bale only misses 2 or 3 games, at this stage of the season that is crucial), which you would have to be happy with after Van Persie's departure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

Morzadec wrote: »

Was honestly expecting to come on here to a lot of comments celebrating that injury and I would not blame you in the slightest if you did

Maybe if he snapped his leg and it was a career-threatening injury you would want to temper your delight slightly at taking a huge stride towards Champions League qualification, but as is he'll be as good as new before next season at the absolute latest (noises from the BBC saying he might only miss a couple of games).

I know it's fashionable to say 'never nice seeing a player getting an injury', but to be honest it doesn't look particularly awful. I know that if Liverpool were in Arsenal's position right now I'd be dancing a jig tonight.

Looks like Wenger will secure another year of Champions League football (even if Bale only misses 2 or 3 games, at this stage of the season that is crucial), which you would have to be happy with after Van Persie's departure.

I find that Arsenal fans tend to have class and prefer to see our team win in style rather than cheating or good luck - a complete contrast to Manchester United fans who tend to be arseholes who no nothing about football outside of Old Trafford.

Morzadec wrote: »

Was honestly expecting to come on here to a lot of comments celebrating that injury and I would not blame you in the slightest if you did.

In all honesty I think were a better well rounded team this year than we were last year with Van Persie in the side, our goals are more evenly spread, were not fcuked if one player gets injured, we brought in Cazorla, Giroud, Podolski and Monreal who have all proved to be quality additions to the squad. Now if rumours are to be believed and we bring in Jovetic and one or two other players during the summer depending on CL qualification and no stars leaving, I think Arsenal could soon be a threatening side once again.

A lot of if's in there though time will tell :).

Oh and I am doing a jig :D, it's just a cautious one toned down one because god knows what can happen yet ill do a full jig if we finish the season in the top 4.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

I find that Arsenal fans tend to have class and prefer to see our team win in style rather than cheating or good luck - a complete contrast to Manchester United fans who tend to be arseholes who no nothing about football outside of Old Trafford.

Ah you don't really think that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

I liked it, thanked it and blessed it.

Fcuk Bale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Any inconvienece for spurs or chelsea is fine with me at the moment.
    Im glad he didnt break his ankle or that its not to serious hes a serious talent and would never wish that on any player.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

lol.

And what else you know about ManUtd fans? (Did you check the comments on RVP in Arsenal forums?)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

In all honesty I think were a better well rounded team this year than we were last year with Van Persie in the side, our goals are more evenly spread, were not fcuked if one player gets injured, we brought in Cazorla, Giroud, Podolski and Monreal who have all proved to be quality additions to the squad. Now if rumours are to be believed and we bring in Jovetic and one or two other players during the summer depending on CL qualification and no stars leaving, I think Arsenal could soon be a threatening side once again.

A lot of if's in there though time will tell :).

Oh and I am doing a jig :D, it's just a cautious one toned down one because god knows what can happen yet ill do a full jig if we finish the season in the top 4.

Careful you dont turn your ankle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I don't know why people are happy that he is injured, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. He can be a bit of a muppet on the field but when he's not, he's a great player to watch. It really sucks for Spurs if he is out for a while as they have some tough games coming up where I think they would have dropped points even if he was playing. It just makes it more difficult for them now. He's the only reason they are where they are.

We should just focus on our game. If we were to win every game left we are guaranteed CL football, regardless of what other teams do. Forget about the rest and just focus on the next game.

WBA away. They have won their last 2 home games against Swansea and Sunderland, and have beaten Chelsea, Liverpool and Everton at home this season. Tricky game for us, but if we play like we did against Reading we should get a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

jester77 wrote: »
    I don't know why people are happy that he is injured, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. He can be a bit of a muppet on the field but when he's not, he's a great player to watch. It really sucks for Spurs if he is out for a while as they have some tough games coming up where I think they would have dropped points even if he was playing. It just makes it more difficult for them now. He's the only reason they are where they are.

You kinda answered yourself there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

jester77 wrote: »
    He's the only reason they are where they are.

Absolute Rubbish. You don't watch many if any Spuds games if you believe that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,120 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Ye went a fair few games in a row where no one but him scored if I recall correctly. He might not be the only reason you have gotten where ye are but he is without the main reason. Look at your results without him. Who's going to score goals for you now. The togolese moneygrabber?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Take off those glasses, seriously. Look at how many games he has won for Spurs this season. Without his contribution Spurs would be sitting further down the table where Liverpool and Everton are.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement