Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I'd say gnabry will go on loan next year

United lost, we can still do this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Really need united to have the league wrapped up when we play them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

They havent got the league wrapped up now and they've been piss poor for weeks. Its definitely a game we can win if we believe we can.

keano_afc wrote: »
    They havent got the league wrapped up now and they've been piss poor for weeks. Its definitely a game we can win if we believe we can.

Ye but I suspect it will be the usual,we have all the possession but united beat us by playing counter attacking football,hopefully not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It's going to take some implosion for them not to win it, even if it ends up being closer than they'd have wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Great finish, surely his surname starts with a silent 'G' though!?!

L'prof wrote: »

It does...how come we know that but the commentators that get paid to know it don't?! :confused: On a similar note, the next person who says "corzola" to me is gonna get it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Rumours going around that Real Betis will be our feeder club next season with Gnarby and Eisfeld heading out on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

United could potentially win the league at the Emirates then. Not sure if I like that image.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Gnasher.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

It does...how come we know that but the commentators that get paid to know it don't?! :confused: On a similar note, the next person who says "corzola" to me is gonna get it!

If you were to pronounce it like the Germans do then the commentators are probably right. I would guess it is spoken like the German company Knorr. English speakers say 'norr' and German speakers say 'k-norr'.

Lovely finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

There was me thinking he retired about 5 years ago and didn't tell anyone.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

He has always been my favourite player since I first saw him. I think its a bit sad if true, was a great player and left us with some wonderful memories including this <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Leaving him out of that FA cup tie against Chelsea in the semis when he came first still haunts.

Wenger experimenting with a formation for champions league glory rather than fielding Arshavin was a crazy decision back then. Went downhill for him from there imo.

Ah lads was this the best individual performance from an Arsenal player? Wow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

What about the Legendary performance that was Julio Baptista's 5 goal salvage against Liverpool?

Arshavin was a cracking player but he only showed it in spurts for us. Watched him at the Euro's last summer and he was brilliant for Russia. I don't think we played to his strengths - throwing him out on the wing. Lazy though.

Sad to see a waste of potential, but he won't be missed by many at Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

So, he's just making it "official" then ;)

I really liked him when he was on form and put in the effort. Plus his Ask Andrey Q+A's were always hilarious :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Fond memories of the cheeky little imp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

Delighted to see him go.

He encapsulated the malaise at Arsenal for the last few years.

He was dead weight sucking wages out of the club. If he had any professional pride - and he has none - he would be ashamed of himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

He's probably one of the only players who could score two and get an assist and still have have had a bad game.

Happy he's leaving arsenal, though I thought he had another season in him in Russia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Shame because he is a very talented footballer just think his head in it anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Here's a German speaking commentator, there's a hint of a G at the start, might be the video your man from Arseblog was on about the other day.

there's bound to be a video of him saying it himself somewhere or Wenger
    you need him to settle it himself :D

like how do you pronounce this: McGowan - depends on the person

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Would love to see more of Gnabry next season, he looks a real prospect and they type of player that could scare defences the type of player I was expecting Chamberlain to be this year.

Lets hope he start progressing next season again instead of regressing.

Totally agree with you regards Oxo he looked to be the real deal when he first broke into the team after his arrival from Southampton but he has seemed to go backwards especially this season. Lets hope he kicks on again next season because technically he is a fantastic player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

On Arshavin no great loss I wont look back on his time at Arsenal with fond memorys he gave us 6 good months when he first arrived even which before he did, he flirted with Barcelona like a whore in Amsterdam waving through a window.

His head hasn't been it for a long long time, he got millions from the club with very little in return.

I know we mighnt have played to his strengths at times, but when did he ever show enough drive, courage, passion on the field to make me, Wenger or any fan of the club believe he could play that number 10 role in the last few seasons not once, wearing an Arsenal shirt.

He always has this job offer to fall back on if he gets bored

BHbT_iFCIAAR078.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Raf32 wrote: »
    He has always been my favourite player since I first saw him. I think its a bit sad if true, was a great player and left us with some wonderful memories including this <3

Jack wilsheres ball for that goal was superb

What a performance he gave that night

• Advertisement

Jack wilsheres ball for that goal was superb

What a performance he gave that night

Kos was immense that night aswell, probably why Guardiola is meant to be a big fan of his.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

There's a good chance we will have Jack and Theo back for Saturday :D
    That would leave only Diaby as a long term injury.
    Getting players back and having a near full strength panel for the run-in is very important.

There's a good chance we will have Jack and Theo back for Saturday :D
    That would leave only Diaby as a long term injury.
    Getting players back and having a near full strength panel for the run-in is very important.
    I wouldnt start Wilshere anyway. Maybe have him on the bench and give him 20 minutes if the game is going well. Wouldnt risk him with a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Not one mention of a certain goal scored by a certain Arsenal legend tonight? Shame on you Arsenal fans!!

Drogba played for Chelsea, not Arsenal.

Drogba played for Chelsea, not Arsenal.

you know who he was talking about

Seeing as it's Champions League night, I'm going to guess it's Eboue?

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Seeing as it's Champions League night, I'm going to guess it's Eboue?

56 seconds

When did he learn to shoot like that? With us you'd rather the ball fell to Almunia in that position! He was more likely to hit the corner flag.

• Advertisement

I miss him and his antics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Just wanted to throw in a post here about Koscielny; started the season on the bench and had a tough time when he did get a game being at fault for goals in big games against Chelsea and City. But they guy never complained, obviously was working hard behind the scenes and is now back in the team again and arguably our best defender. Love him.

If he could cut out the odd moment of carelessness (Dzeko pen is good example) and be more vocal on the pitch he'd be world class imo. Himself and Varane are going to have France in a good place at the back going into the future. If we could find a Varane type to partner him we'd be elected. I don't think either Vermaelen or Mertesacker are good enough to take us forward to challenging for cups territory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Ye gotta love Eboue :pac:

Sky running a poll on the greatest winner of the player of the year award. Vote for the King here: http://www1.skysports.com/pfa

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

cson wrote: »
    Just wanted to throw in a post here about Koscielny; started the season on the bench and had a tough time when he did get a game being at fault for goals in big games against Chelsea and City. But they guy never complained, obviously was working hard behind the scenes and is now back in the team again and arguably our best defender. Love him.

If he could cut out the odd moment of carelessness (Dzeko pen is good example) and be more vocal on the pitch he'd be world class imo. Himself and Varane are going to have France in a good place at the back going into the future. If we could find a Varane type to partner him we'd be elected. I don't think either Vermaelen or Mertesacker are good enough to take us forward to challenging for cups territory.

Completely agree, has been our best defender for two years now and got a raw deal from Wenger at the start of this season. Verm being captain is what kept him out.

On the mistake thing he doesnt make more or less than some of the other top defenders in the league its just the media love to pick up on ours a lot more.

Tommy from the rugrats?ye has been great this season,he is 27 so right in his prime now.

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »

Taking off my Arsenal tinted glasses of coarse I want Henry to win, but Gerrard leading the way on 49% while Giggs only has 1% is crazy.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Completely agree, has been our best defender for two years now and got a raw deal from Wenger at the start of this season. Verm being captain is what kept him out.

On the mistake thing he doesnt make more or less than some of the other top defenders in the league its just the media love to pick up on ours a lot more.

Agreed sure just even look at rival fans none of which rate Kos shows how much the media can influence people and there opinions.

For me I'd have Kos as part of our first choice CB pairing next season along with a new cb, dropping Mert to 3rd choice and Verm to 4th choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Taking off my Arsenal tinted glasses of coarse I want Henry to win, but Gerrard leading the way on 49% while Giggs only has 1% is crazy.

Henry now has the lead! How Gerard is rated so highly above the others is beyond me. Ronaldo on 2%? Crazy

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

TheGunns wrote: »
    Henry now has the lead! How Gerard is rated so highly above the others is beyond me. Ronaldo on 2%? Crazy

I guess the link has only been posted on Arsenal and Liverpool discussion forums so far :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement