Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

It was a fantastic pass. I love Diaby when fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Nearly a third for him! Great play from him and Rosicky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Same old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Rubbish marking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

We never makes things easy on ourselves do we, can never relax till we get about a five goal lead.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

**** defending once again, they really are terrible in defence. mertesacker and shatos pathetic once again

About time...

Hope we don't have to see Santos in the Arsenal jersey again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I used to like santos as a comedy figure - before the jersey swap - but he's awful.

Podolski is gonna get 90 minutes!:eek:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

lucky but we'll take anything right now

Please keep it tight now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I used to like santos as a comedy figure - before the jersey swap - but he's awful.

Why does Wenger insist on playing him , he is so bad at defending?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Thank f*ck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

That'll do now just to see it out no replay and in the hat............. But there's about 6 mins left!

Did that commentator just say *It was dangerous to go for a over head kick in the box* :eek:

Good hit from Theo on the volley with an added slice of luck.

Now shut up shop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Did anyone see the leap on Giroud? That man has one of the highest leaps Ive ever seen

• Advertisement

He's part Salmon

bad2dabone wrote: »
    He's part Salmon

Part Hero!

He's gonna be great for us for years to come. Looking better and better as the season goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

13 goals 9 assists
    Flop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Giroud looks like a quality signing by Wenger now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

13 goals 9 assists
    Flop

Is it not 14 goals and ten assists?

Either way some flop.

Gibbs is such an important player for us now not just cause santos is brutal

But Gibbs is really turning into a class player

Ramsey was brilliant again but I'm sure it's only cause its against Brighton

Nice win never looked in any danger was a tricky enough tie. Girouds movement and goals where excellent seems to be starting to settle.

Introduction of Wilshire and Theo was needed and gave us the pick up needed for the win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Absolutely agree. Still has a bit to go but (fitness permitting) he's gonna be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Giroud's a class player, being saying it since he came. He's strong, holds the ball up well, good control - both up close and his passes, good vision, good at heading, good positional play and he gives it 100%. He was always creating chances at the beginning just not putting them away but that is coming now. How people were ever comparing him to some of our poorer signings was and is beyond me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

Gibbs, nahhh.

Giroud is quality in the air. He had the most scored from headers in France last season. Was surprised you bought him as Arsenal aren't renowned for crosses.

• Advertisement

Ramsey was brilliant again but I'm sure it's only cause its against Brighton
    Agree about Gibbs, bags of potential and staying fitter a lot more this season

Maybe the stream impacted my viewing but I thought Ramsey was mostly anonymous

From F365
    Olivier Giroud's poor form for Arsenal hasn't deterred Premier League clubs from scouting the Montpellier squad

Poor form my hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Gibbs, nahhh.

Giroud is quality in the air. He had the most scored from headers in France last season. Was surprised you bought him as Arsenal aren't renowned for crosses.
    Pretty sure only 2 of Giroud's 21 league goals last year were headers. Him scoring all his goals in the air is some well flogged media myth

Ridiculous that we had to play who we had to play today to beat Brighton. Given how we've collapsed at the end of recent seasons it'd be odd if we don't this season while playing more players more often because of the thin squad.

AdamD wrote: »
    Pretty sure only 2 of Giroud's 21 league goals last year were headers. Him scoring all his goals in the air is some well flogged media myth

Incorrect. :)

Sorry, I'm wrong. Maybe it was most headed attempts.

Olivier Giroud: 20 starts, 1933 mins. 13 goals, 9 assists. Goal or assist every 88 minutes.

Not too shabby. I like him. I'd like to have him and his mrs over for dinner.

dvemail wrote: »
    Hope we don't have to see Santos in the Arsenal jersey again.

There must be two nations called Brazil because there is no way he is a product of the 5-time world cup winning, all conquering football nation of such high standards.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Agree about Gibbs, bags of potential and staying fitter a lot more this season

Maybe the stream impacted my viewing but I thought Ramsey was mostly anonymous

Thought Ramsey was brilliant today moved the ball well and worked his socks off

• Advertisement

Nearly a third for him! Great play from him and Rosicky.

Who is co commentating on ESPN in America? Is it Nigel Spackman? Giroud barely missed from that free but the co commentator insisted he should be on target from there :rolleyes:

So by his logic, everytime that a team gets a direct free kick it should be on target. No point in the opposition making a wall so as the ball will only go around it anyway. :rolleyes:

Utter horsesh*t

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Giroud's a class player, being saying it since he came. He's strong, holds the ball up well, good control - both up close and his passes, good vision, good at heading, good positional play and he gives it 100%. He was always creating chances at the beginning just not putting them away but that is coming now. How people were ever comparing him to some of our poorer signings was and is beyond me.

But he doesnt score as much as Messi now in fairness...flop :pac:

I do half wonder how many journalists and pundits actually watch a whole football match as opposed to the bitesized highlights on the news where they base their opinion on players on a chance said player might have missed.

Few thoughts from todays match.

Santos is useless. Can't defend and now for probably one of the main reasons he was bought, now can't attack either. But he won't be sold as his wages are too high for clubs of his level to afford.
    Ramsey put in another solid performance, nothing sepcial but did what he had to do.
    Walcott is making a great habit of scoring, and is streets ahead of Chamberlain at the moment up the right hand side.
    Giroud is becoming a class act, he will continue to score more if he keeps shooting when in range like he has done the last few matches.
    Also Diaby and Podolski put in a full 90 minutes in the same match, didn't think i'd be saying that a few months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Santos was very poor today and is a liability. He just can't defend.
    Chamberlain has not progressed as i hoped he would. He thinks he is better than he actually is but has no final product often taking the entirely wrong option in good positions.
    Ramsey was just ok today, guilty of giving the ball away on loads of occasions but worked relentlessly to get it back.
    Jenkinson was ok but a bit weak in the tackle and is easily bullied but will improve with games.

The rest of the team were very good except for defensive positioning and the odd lapse which can be costly. Giroud will be a cult figure at Arsenal.

Santos was very poor today and is a liability. He just can't defend.
    Chamberlain has not progressed as i hoped he would. He thinks he is better than he actually is but has no final product often taking the entirely wrong option in good positions.
    Ramsey was just ok today, guilty of giving the ball away on loads of occasions but worked relentlessly to get it back.
    Jenkinson was ok but a bit weak in the tackle and is easily bullied but will improve with games.

The rest of the team were very good except for defensive positioning and the odd lapse which can be costly. Giroud will be a cult figure at Arsenal.

91% pass accuracy that's not giving the ball away on loads of occasions also has 6 interceptions highest of anyone in the game

It's ok to say Ramsey had a good game it's not the popular thing to say but it's ok :)

Ramsey could have 100% pass completion. Score a hatrick, have 3 assists and some people would still say he had a poor game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

91% pass accuracy that's not giving the ball away on loads of occasions also has 6 interceptions highest of anyone in the game

It's ok to say Ramsey had a good game it's not the popular thing to say but it's ok :)

Funny in the ratings he only got a 6. Oxo got a 7 and I thought he was poor too.
    I actually like Ramsey but think he falls asleep at times during games.
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/281745/ratings

I've been critical of Ramsey in the past but he's had two fine games in a row, he's been played out of position a lot this year - i think in order to get time on the pitch i imagine. He's still only 21 and has many years to develop, he was an outstanding prospect before the leg break and i just hope that he can realize the potential that he has. I'm not too bummed about us missing out on a midfielder this window as i think he needs the time on the pitch.

Funny in the ratings he only got a 6. Oxo got a 7 and I thought he was poor too.
    I actually like Ramsey but think he falls asleep at times during games.
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/281745/ratings

They gave Gibbs the same rating as Santos, i wouldn't look too much into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Im too lazy to look it up but i know one of ye will know the answer, how long has santos left on his contract?

dvemail wrote: »

They gave Gibbs the same rating as Santos, i wouldn't look too much into it.
    That's harsh on Gibbs

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement