Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Rumour has it that the Jovetic deal is already done lads. Hope its like the Podolski deal and is all kept under wraps until hes officially a Gooner :-)

Any idea if its a done deal or is it one that depends on us getting Champions League football?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Today marks the 100th anniversary of the only relegation in our history. Interesting piece about it at http://www.blog.woolwicharsenal.co.uk/archives/5891 Good blog for anyone interested in the history of the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

dvemail wrote: »
    Any idea if its a done deal or is it one that depends on us getting Champions League football?

Not sure mate I just seen it on my newsfeed on facebook on one of those Arsenal fan pages, supposedly a Fifa agent was to have said it and that he was trying to get him to sign for Juventus but the player wanted to come to us instead.

BASEL FAWLTY!!!! :D

andre_villas_boas.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

HILAROIUS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

"Frimmy you're rubbish! That's why you're on loan!"

I like the way he can poke fun at himself. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Guys a legend. really hope he becomes a regular at arsenal. His Arsenal through and Through and we need characters like him in the dressing room!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Had to laugh when he made the jibe about Walcott getting 100,000 a week :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Jaysus, that other bloke is too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Geoff Arsenal ‏@GeoffArsenal 1m
    Jack starts. Thats all.

#COYG
    Expand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I really want to see Podolski play today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Guys a legend. really hope he becomes a regular at arsenal. His Arsenal through and Through and we need characters like him in the dressing room!

He is easily good enough to be a squad player and play whenever needed. Not sure if he will nail down a starting 11 spot though.

Raf32 wrote: »
    I really want to see Podolski play today!

To be honest I dont think Podolski has been as good as I was expecting him to be, yes he does the job to a decent standard but he hasn't really got that extra star quality that we need hes not the type of player that can turn a game on its head. I would start Gervinho instead myself he is more of an attacking threat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Gringo180 wrote: »
    To be honest I dont think Podolski has been as good as I was expecting him to be, yes he does the job to a decent standard but he hasn't really got that extra star quality that we need hes not the type of player that can turn a game on its head. I would start Gervinho instead myself he is more of an attacking threat.

Not sure I would agree with that.

He is quick, but it's the speed of his reactions to things that makes him dangerous. He can score from nothing....he's done it his whole career. I think it will just take some time for the squad to get used to each other. Keep in mind, himself and Cazorla haven't been at the club that long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Kirby wrote: »

He is quick, but it's the speed of his reactions to things that makes him dangerous. He can score from nothing....he's done it his whole career. I think it will just take some time for the squad to get used to each other. Keep in mind, himself and Cazorla haven't been at the club that long.

I think it's brilliant that he's not in the starting line up - it shows how the squad is improving that a player of Podolski's quality has to make do with the bench. Still I think he'll have a big part to play in the run-in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Are there recipes for today

A PM would be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Fabianski, Sagna, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Cazorla, Gervinho, Giroud.

Subs: Mannone, Jenkinson, Monreal, Coquelin, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Podolski

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is Rosicky injured?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is Rosicky injured?

I think he is. I read during the week that he wouldn't be fit for this game.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    I think he is. I read during the week that he wouldn't be fit for this game.

I heard he was 50-50 for today which could well mean that he stands a good chance of being fit for Everton.

• Advertisement

As kick-off approaches I have a feeling that today may not be a walk in the park. Norwich will do the double over us if they win today. Need a strong start to knock the stuffing out of them. Although we have such a strong looking bench that we have plenty of options if things aren't going so well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Same boat with the recipes, PM appreciated!

Kirby wrote: »

Maybe im been a bit harsh but its just how I look upon him, anyways lets hope we get the 3 points we need today and get back into those all vital champion league spots, ill go with a 2-0 win Cazorla to score first COYG!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

For anyone looking for recipes go to google type in firstrow and search always good recipes on there.

And for god sake bookmark the recipe for once!

AdamD wrote: »
    And for god sake bookmark the recipe for once!

Hah, indeed, it's literally on the same website every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I'm in the first row and I can' see a thing.. anyone else have issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Getting into the game more now.

Edit: Gervinho greedy man

Terrible from Gervinho, look up ffs.

Gervinho panicked there - he should have held onto the ball and waited for Giroud

• Advertisement

I'm in the first row and I can' see a thing.. anyone else have issues

Link 2 works

Ramsey 100% commitment, love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Hah, indeed, it's literally on the same website every week.

I can't get the usuals working

Need to get more composed in the final third. Pretty nervy on the ball at the minute when in good positions

Looked to me like Giroud was kicking the ball and Snodgrass got in the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Poor first half.

dvemail wrote: »
    Poor first half.

What formation is Norwich playing?

very poor first half. I guess, as things go, we will be happy with even 1-0.
    Changes needed early in the second half.

Controversial opinion here but would like to see Wilshere off at half time, not fully fit and been off the pace.

• Advertisement

Is Pod getting any run out lately? I mean he is only the highest paid player at the club allegedly :confused:

Gervinho might have hit a purple patch (until today) but Pod must be really insulted he is keeping him out of the team. Would Gervinho keep Bergkamp out of the team by that logic?

Jack really not himself at all. Get poldi on and move santi into the centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

FFS :mad:

Fcuk!!!!

Awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Too easy.what is it with arsenal once they get in a good position they always bottle it.

Better off when were chasing teams instead of been chased in the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

ffs

Giroud's been shocking for weeks now, no idea why Podolski hasn't been given a chance up front.

AdamD wrote: »
    Giroud's been shocking for weeks now, no idea why Podolski hasn't been given a chance up front.

Giroud has had a good debut season, but he's also had a lot of bad games were Wenger leaves him on. Give Walcott and Podolski a chance up front sometimes, only so much you can flog a dead horse in some games.

I'd take a draw at this stage.

Is Monreal on the bench lads? Id bring him on for Giroud and stick Podolski up front... Jaysus maybe should of had a peno there ive seen them given.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement