Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

When were losing I was thinking of the game between Spurs and Norwich at WHL last season around this time. Spurs lost 2-1 and that really was the momentum changer for me. I thought this was going to be the nail in our CL coffin this time round.

Whatever about the penalty, it was never a corner that led to it. We got lucky today and will need to play much better against Everton on Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Thank feck for that. I'm going to the match on Tuesday, never been to one before, and I was pretty worried by the way that game was going. It was still a pretty poor performance over all but hopefully that turn around can give them the confidence to put Everton away. Luck seems to be on our side at least!

Can't wait for the match either way. COYG!!

Ha, see u there.
    I felt like not bothering about 15 mins ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Fox are a bunch of retards really, technically it could be a peno but the wrong man called it so they were harshly done by, never knew the linesman couldn't call something if the ref was closer.

It was a penalty though. Linesman's view shows a clear pull on Giroud's shirt very early in the play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Sure the free kick leading to norwich goal,the player tripped over himself ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

There was me relieved to get the equalizer and settling for a point optimistically. Then we score 2 more. Not sure if I am a pessimist or optimist, just relieved as of now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Bet you love him now eh?:rolleyes:

You love this thread. 3-1 get in

greendom wrote: »
    When were losing I was thinking of the game between Spurs and Norwich at WHL last season around this time. Spurs lost 2-1 and that really was the momentum changer for me. I thought this was going to be the nail in our CL coffin this time round.

Whatever about the penalty, it was never a corner that led to it. We got lucky today and will need to play much better against Everton on Tuesday

Yeah forgot about that, it was never a corner!
    This was the easiest of our three fixtures!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Bet you love him now eh?:rolleyes:

Here get yourself over to the Spurs thread foolish post, the point still stands of coarse Wenger deserves credit for today but we as Arsenal fans have seen it far to many times aswell, he gets credit when its due like the changes today and on the days were it doesnt he will just as rightly receive criticism.

Never said I didnt rate him as a manager either :rolleyes:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Disgusting , another undeserved CL place for arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

the_monkey wrote: »

Yum yum yum

• Advertisement

HazDanz wrote: »
    It was a penalty though. Linesman's view shows a clear pull on Giroud's shirt very early in the play.

Ha I know it was a penalty im laughing at ESPN saying technically it was a peno but Norwich were half done by because the ref didnt call it and the linesman did ;).

Sure the free kick leading to norwich goal,the player tripped over himself ffs

Exactly swings roundabouts goes around comes around etc etc.

We were so crap tho.
    Wilshere was obviously not ready.

Personally I would start v Everton with the team that finished that game.
    Certainly Podolski and Walcott anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Huge win. A good performance is only ever an added bonus. We've often played great and lost while United are experts are playing crap and still winning. Thankfully it seems we're able to play crap and still get the result now. One step closer to securing Champions League football again next season.

Also, I'm sure all the moaners were ready to go to town and are now annoyed at having to wait now to make the thread super active again :pac:

Spuds are 5th.
    LOL...!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Love this post :)

Spurs small club syndrome coming out strong in their fans after that.

He's a Chelsea fan ;), his rant last year after we beat them was one of the funniest thing I ever read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Christ he is a chelski fan. I think after last season we have learned our lesson:(

The table never lies. Whether we come 3rd, 4th or 5th come what may we will have to take it as been at the level we are at.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't be like me to say but Ramsey was superb once again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Match of the Day presenter Gary Lineker
    Arsenal 2-1 Norwich
    "Hugely controversial decision at The Emirates for the equaliser. Linesman gives a dubious penalty from afar following a corner that never was."

Am I missing something? That pen was stonewall. It was NEVER a free kick for their goal either, the guy tripped himself up.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Plenty of games left lads;)

Sure is no ones counting there chickens yet, but it's always a good sign when rival fans feel the need to pop in and call ye disgusting :pac:.

He's a Chelsea fan ;), his rant last year after we beat them was one of the funniest thing I ever read.

I suppose it must be painful as a chelsea/spurs fan fighting over fourth spot.

Warnock on bbc taking up for the big mullockers of course :rolleyes: Nothing about the pullback on Giroud the first half or a very questionable tackle on Walcott in the second.

These idiots are exactly why the English national team achieve absolutely nothing as all too many of them have this idea that the de-facto ideaof football is to continously pump up aimless long balls and when they lose they whinge like f*ck. A nice kinship between all these advocators of puke football. :rolleyes:

FCUK OFF WARNOCK! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ramsey was brilliant, TV5 looked more assured and I really want to see Podolski and the Ox starting from now on! Win the next two and we are in!

Wouldn't be like me to say but Ramsey was superb once again

Wouldnt go that far now. Not sure we'll win much if he is a starter tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

AdamD wrote: »
    Match of the Day presenter Gary Lineker
    Arsenal 2-1 Norwich
    "Hugely controversial decision at The Emirates for the equaliser. Linesman gives a dubious penalty from afar following a corner that never was."

Am I missing something? That pen was stonewall. It was NEVER a free kick for their goal either, the guy tripped himself up.

Yeah, it's from Gary Lineker. When does he ever have anything of use to contribute?

Wouldnt go that far now. Not sure we'll win much if he is a starter tbh

Started every game in our revival

• Advertisement

Started every game in our revival

He needs to push on to the next level or move on though. I mean apart from breaking up the play i cant see him contributing more attacking wise. He gets a rush of blood and last week was very dodgy v West Brom.

He needs to push on to the next level or move on though. I mean apart from breaking up the play i cant see him contributing more attacking wise. He gets a rush of blood and last week was very dodgy v West Brom.

All honestly I agree def place in the squad for him, but needs to push on if we build a team to challenge

He just gets such a rough ride in here I love banging his drum :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Oh yeah ? Which match/team ?

That's seven wins out of the last eight games in the league. That's a great run so far. Hope we can keep pushing with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

All honestly I agree def place in the squad for him, but needs to push on if we build a team to challenge

He has come a long way from his form last year. Can remember him not being able to pass the ball 2 yards and doing needless flicks giving away cheap possession.
    Now he holds onto it better and there are parts of his game improving. Like his chip through ball to Wilshere in the first half and also that tackle in the first half also.
    While not outstanding, it is improving which is promising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/1-1-mikel-arteta-arsenal-v-norwich/

Dubious penalty call according to the BBC.

And everybody's giving out that the lino gave it rather than the ref, which is irrelevant as it was an obvious foul. Of course none of the media sources mention the fact that the free kick which led to their goal wasn't a free kick at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

That's seven wins out of the last eight games in the league. That's a great run so far. Hope we can keep pushing with it.

Is it not extremely frustrating that the team does this every year after they're out of the running of every trophy? Shows a lack of character in the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

He gets a rough ride because he gives bad performances.There is no big conspiracy against him.

He is improving,at least he isn't giving the ball away and is making the simple passes.

Long may it continue..

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    Is it not extremely frustrating that the team does this every year after they're out of the running of every trophy? Shows a lack of character in the team.

I think it show's character to go on a run after getting knocked out of competitions. It's pragmatic and professionalism that they keep going for a champion's league place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Arsenal to push on for 1st?! Mathamatically still possible.

He gets a rough ride because he gives bad performances.There is no big conspiracy against him.

He is improving,at least he isn't giving the ball away and is making the simple passes.

Long may it continue..

While your right I have yet to see one post about jack been absolute muck today

My point been some players gets blamed for everything some get away scot free

Anyway that's just nit picking

Massive win today good to see other fans coming in having a pop proves were doing something right again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

I think it show's character to go on a run after getting knocked out of competitions. It's pragmatic and professionalism that they keep going for a champion's league place.

Fair enough. When the real heat is on and a winning mentality is needed, Arsenal crumble year after year. Like the Munich tie. When you were more or less dead and buried, you went to Munich and played lovely stuff and Munich bottled it and fell apart. A bit more character and substance and you would have went through in that tie. If you started with the right attitude you wouldn't have that mountain to climb. I'd find it really frustrating, that the team shys away from winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Great to get this win and move up to third.
    Disgusted with most of that performance though.
    For long spells we looked like a team who was mid-table and had little to play for. I hope Wenger has them fully wound up for the Everton match on Tuesday.

Oh yeah ? Which match/team ?

Ah just the one when ya came in here and labelled Wenger to that of a pedophile mods had to delete it, saying we were a crap bottom half side etc. Then you went ballistic in the Chelsea thread aswell.

Only reason I remember it was because it was so funny ;).

Great to get this win and move up to third.
    Disgusted with most of that performance though.
    For long spells we looked like a team who was mid-table and had little to play for. I hope Wenger has them fully wound up for the Everton match on Tuesday.

We were brutal, but I think we agree we would take 8 more performances like that if the results are the same :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Who are all these turkeys in our thread ?? People must be worried about us seen as they feel the need to come into the ARSENAL thread to moan,

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    Fair enough. When the real heat is on and a winning mentality is needed, Arsenal crumble year after year. Like the Munich tie. When you were more or less dead and buried, you went to Munich and played lovely stuff and Munich bottled it and fell apart. A bit more character and substance and you would have went through in that tie. If you started with the right attitude you wouldn't have that mountain to climb. I'd find it really frustrating, that the team shys away from winning.

It is very frustrating but building character is difficult when your team is pulled apart each summer and then having to regroup. The more time a set team is in place at Arsenal the better it will gel and it will get stronger character. We haven't had that for years so hopefully we are beginning to regroup over a longer period of time with this set and hopefully add two or three editions over the summer to improve the core team.

544842_524810470893330_1478823317_n.png

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Andre80Johnson

I quite like this.

8N0rDKE.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I actually think the way the last two seasons have gone is quite hilarious, Terrible starts both times, Wenger out Wenger out is all we here till the turn of the year , and then Spurs and Chelsea both seasons start falling over themselves

Chelsea Sack there European and FA Cup winning manager splash the cash again, and bang looks like they might just about match there league postion with CL Trophy this time , Maybe the Europa lol all the while begging for there most successfull ever manager to come back who they themselves sacked , Such a terrible little club

As for Spurs sacked Harry Redknapp for finishing 4th and signed up AVB who now looks like he won't even make 4th , I'm glad they didn't back him and bring Mouthinho at the end of the transfer window would have made the difference i reckon, Oh well, Bale will be off in the summer sorry lads

We'll more than likely get 3rd for the 2nd year in a row behind the two manchester clubs not too bad if you ask me yeah sure we'd love a trophy but it'll come to us

I actually think the way the last two seasons have gone is quite hilarious, Terrible starts both times, Wenger out Wenger out is all we here till the turn of the year , and then Spurs and Chelsea both seasons start falling over themselves

Chelsea Sack there European and FA Cup winning manager splash the cash again, and bang looks like they might just about match there league postion with CL Trophy this time , Maybe the Europa lol all the while begging for there most successfull ever manager to come back who they themselves sacked , Such a terrible little club

As for Spurs sacked Harry Redknapp for finishing 4th and signed up AVB who now looks like he won't even make 4th , I'm glad they didn't back him and bring Mouthinho at the end of the transfer window would have made the difference i reckon, Oh well, Bale will be off in the summer sorry lads

We'll more than likely get 3rd for the 2nd year in a row behind the two manchester clubs not too bad if you ask me yeah sure we'd love a trophy but it'll come to us

Still a lot of work to do. Norwich today showed how easily we can bottle things only for the penalty break.

Everton have me very worried.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement