Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Oh yeah i understand that completley if we draw at home with Everton ill be happy because outside of the United Game thats easily the toughest one , But if we beat Everton ill be very happy , I wouldn't worry about them catching up though they have all the top teams to play yet and liverpool too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I think the game with Everton will be a very different story, I wouldn't expect them to stay so defensively like Norwich did for the better part of the game.
    Maybe (some of the) players were holding back having in mind the game on Tuesday? We didn't put much pressure on Norwich, especially on the first half.

Very happy with the three points, nevertheless!!!

Phoenix wrote: »
    bitter much?

LOL why would i be bitter its fact.....The chelsea managers hotseat is boiling no one can sit on it for long, through there own or Romans fault its a joke,

If ye're Owner hadn't such a big ego he'd have listened to Mourinho the 1st time and ye'd have dominated the Premiership for much longer than 2 years and the Champions league alot sooner

My father is a chelsea supporter and i used to like them but they way they've been run is a joke , Roman has no patience you can bet if Mancini had done at chelsea what hes done at City (thrown away the title and bottled the CL 2 years in a row) he'd be long gone, But at least there showing a bit of patience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Oh well, Bale will be off in the summer sorry lads

yeah sure we'd love a trophy but it'll come to us

Bale won't leave in the summer. He might leave year after alright I reckon. As for a trophy coming to ye , ye'll be in to yere 9th year shortly waiting for one. Only saying like;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas believes Arsenal are in a "negative spiral" of results that will be "extremely difficult" to get out of.
    Spurs beat Arsenal 2-1 on Sunday to go seven points clear of their rivals.
    Pressure has mounted on Arsene Wenger recently after FA Cup elimination at home to Blackburn and a 3-1 Champions League defeat by Bayern Munich.
    "We are on an upward spiral in terms of confidence and they are in a negative spiral in terms of results," he said.
    "To [get] out of that negative spiral is extremely difficult."

Your right AVB, this negative spiral is just terrible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Irish Aris wrote: »
    I think the game with Everton will be a very different story, I wouldn't expect them to stay so defensively like Norwich did for the better part of the game.
    Maybe (some of the) players were holding back having in mind the game on Tuesday? We didn't put much pressure on Norwich, especially on the first half.

Very happy with the three points, nevertheless!!!

We were far too pedestrian. No quick one touch passing like we used to play. Some of our players are too slow on the ball which allows defenders to get back into position. We used to tear teams apart because of our speed on the break.

Our players need to start as if we are already a goal down and get stuck in.
    Treat EVERY game as if it's a cup final.

Delighted with the win though but could do without the heart attack.

In those 9 years how many have ye won ?? Outside of the Worthington/Coca Cola/Carling whatever its called ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Bale won't leave in the summer. He might leave year after alright I reckon. As for a trophy coming to ye , ye'll be in to yere 9th year shortly waiting for one. Only saying like;)

Ah man the trophy drum really? There's a real chance Bale will leave in the summer. Great players usually don't stick around with clubs who are not challenging.

We know this better than most :pac:

• Advertisement

In those 9 years how many have ye won ?? Outside of the Worthington/Coca Cola/Carling whatever its called ??

Ye would have been quite happy to win "whatever its called" not so long ago v Birmingham to end the drought.

HazDanz wrote: »
    Ah man the trophy drum really? There's a real chance Bale will leave in the summer. Great players usually don't stick around with clubs who are not challenging.

We know this better than most :pac:

All due respect but ye don't tie yere players to long contracts like us. Don't say contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on and all that because if that was the case Modric would be a Chelsea player now. I think long contracts buy teams an extra year of a players service as in the case of Modric and I think we'll see the same thing happen with Bale.

All due respect but ye don't tie yere players to long contracts like us. Don't say contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on and all that because if that was the case Modric would be a Chelsea player now. I think long contracts buy teams an extra year of a players service as in the case of Modric and I think we'll see the same thing happen with Bale.

Your right the five year contracts the five boys signed earlier this year is too short term.

Your right the five year contracts the five boys signed earlier this year is too short term.

I'm talking about the 3 wise men that left not so long ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I'm talking about the 3 wise men that left not so long ago.

And which three would you be refering to as the three wise men?

And which three would you be refering to as the three wise men?

FAB NAS VP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

How's fifth.

FAB NAS VP

:pac: knew youd count Fab shows how little knowledge you actually have, he was on a long term contract ;).

Nasri well his performances and before and since he left Arsenal speaks for itself bar one good 6 month spell.

VP yeh, you can have that one.

:pac: knew youd count Fab shows how little knowledge you actually have, he was on a long term contract ;).

Nasri well his performances and before and since he left Arsenal speaks for itself bar one good 6 month spell.

VP yeh, you can have that one.

He had 4 years left on his contract I think Fab. Nasri was great business - Wenger usually knows when to shift players and make an earning.

RvP is the only one that you have to say was due to contract run down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

FAB NAS VP

Fabregas was longterm. Nasri we got £25 million for him (look how that turned out, great business). Van Persie is the only one you're right on there.

He had 4 years left on his contract I think Fab. Nasri was great business - Wenger usually knows when to shift players and make an earning.

RvP is the only one that you have to say was due to contract run down.

And sure comparing to Spurs players on long contracts they have only had two players worth wanting by the big teams over the past few years Modric & Bale it's not like they've had the quality we have had

• Advertisement

Fabregas was longterm. Nasri we got £25 million for him (look how that turned out, great business). Van Persie is the only one you're right on there.

Nasri was definitely not longterm. I stand corrected on FAB

What about Clichy? How long had he left before he bailed out?

Ye would have been quite happy to win "whatever its called" not so long ago v Birmingham to end the drought.

Well yeah but I think i was more upset by the champions league final we lost to barcelona definitly more of a sickner carling cups come and go we lost one to chelsea too if ya remember , But like that time in 2005-06 while we were knocking out Juventus, Real Madrid and Villareal en route to the final you were knocked out of both Cup competitions by lower league oppositoin something happened us this year not nice

Would I swap all those runs in the Champions League (15 years in a row i think) for a Carling Cup win...............ammm no....

and as for players leaving ...I give you Berbatov, Carrick, Modric, Van Der Vaart to match ours

Soups123 wrote: »
    And sure comparing to Spurs players on long contracts they have only had two players worth wanting by the big teams over the past few years Modric & Bale it's not like they've had the quality we have had

Carrick? VDV? Berbatov?...........

Carrick? Berbatov?...........

How many years ago was that sure we'd Henry and Veira back then. Before them two it was Campbell.

VDV sure no one wanted him not even Spurs

Nasri was definitely not longterm. I stand corrected on FAB

What about Clichy? How long had he left before he bailed out?

Clichy really? A player we sold under the radar because no one really gave a crap?
    Carrick? VDV? Berbatov?...........

Nasri had a year left we cashed in and how wise a move has that proved?

Jesus Carrick and Berbatov reeling in they years now are we to find a few decent players?

You know for a Spurs fan you must spend most your time in here talking out of your arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

51 years 11 months 25 days 21 hours 59 minutes since Spurs last won the league.

1989 last time they finished in the top 3 O_O lol

Very boring league with the same old Top 4 every year. No sign of a change at all :D

Very boring league with the same old Top 4 every year. No sign of a change at all :D

Check out the last 3 seasons and come back to me with the top 4 for each of those seasons. I'm sure for 2 of those seasons you'll see some change.;)

Yeah theres always one mad one that somehow gets in there Chelsea, Everton , Liverpool and even Spurs once or twice lol

• Advertisement

Anyways back to the Arsenal how do people feel about having Wilshere back in the side? He didn't have a good game today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Anyways back to the Arsenal how do people feel about having Wilshere back in the side? He didn't have a good game today.

no he didn't. It seemed a bit of rush to put him in the first 11-I think he started 'cause there wasn't the Rosicky option.
    Maybe Arsene could have started either Poldi or Ox and bring Santi in the middle.

He wil need a game or 2 i tink

Irish Aris wrote: »
    no he didn't. It seemed a bit of rush to put him in the first 11-I think he started 'cause there wasn't the Rosicky option.
    Probably Arsene could have started either Poldi or Ox and bring Santi in the middle.

I agree the team looked unbalanced having Santi out wide. Wilshere didn't make any penetrating runs which hurt us.

Gervinho had a poor game today as well. Needs to become more self aware when in decent positions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Hope he gets left out against Everton, don't want to risk him. He looked pretty labored out there today. As said above move Cazorla to the middle and bring in Podolski or Ox. Also start Walcott instead of Gerv.

dvemail wrote: »
    Hope he gets left out against Everton, don't want to risk him. He looked pretty labored out there today. As said above move Cazorla to the middle and bring in Podolski or Ox. Also start Walcott instead of Gerv.

Walcott was good when he came on today. He was making some great moves along the back line and trying to get in at the defense quickly - Gervinho didn't do that at all today.

Arsenal to push on for 1st?! Mathamatically still possible.

Ah yes, the invincibles of 03/04 will be joined by the magicians of 12/13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

we done what all good teams do today we won we had to i really didnt think wed win after going a goal down but they managed it when we needed it more than ever. grinding out results is why manchester united win the title year after year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Just been 'creepin on the Everton page. Very happy lot in it there right now! Next week is a massive game between both sides. Moyes is on MOTD tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I've said this before but today was another example of it, if Wilshere and Cazorla are to play together it should be:

Wilshere - Ramsey/Arteta
    RW ---- Cazorla ---- LW

Jack's better from deep

DenMan wrote: »
    Just been 'creepin on the Everton page. Very happy lot in it there right now! Next week is a massive game between both sides. Moyes is on MOTD tonight.

It's going to be a very tense game if we beat them it effectively ends there hopes of Champions League football, if they beat us were in trouble again and there right up the in the mix.

I like Chris Hughton myself as he is a gent and I can understand his grievances but himself and all these 'football men' like Neil Warnock might be a little red faced after the few things which were highlighted. The elbow on Ramsey and the two penalty calls (Giroud 1st half and Walcott 2nd).

I frankly will sleep well tonight knowing that the better footballing team triumphed over rough decisions and that things balanced out nicely in the end.

Fúck the purists :)

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Yeah, it's from Gary Lineker. When does he ever have anything of use to contribute?

A former one of that lot too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

RTE as bad as they've ever been tonight.

Spent most of their time on the penalty that the assistant gave, which no-one is arguing is incorrect.

I actually think that the premiership is so sad and formulaic that they just really had to use their 'here's the assistant's line of sight' technology.

'So if we stop it now lads, we can see the assistant's line of sight for that decision.'

'Ah yeah, you have to feel for Chris Hughton when you see that'

'but it was the right decision'

WHAT THE FCUK ARE THEY ON ABOUT???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I like Chris Hughton myself as he is a gent and I can understand his grievances but himself and all these 'football men' like Neil Warnock might be a little red faced after the few things which were highlighted. The elbow on Ramsey and the two penalty calls (Giroud 1st half and Walcott 2nd).

I frankly will sleep well tonight knowing that the better footballing team triumphed over rough decisions and that things balanced out nicely in the end.

Fúck the purists :)

Don't forget ramsey been fouled for the lead up to their goal.

Which came from their own player tripping himself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

gosplan wrote: »

Spent most of their time on the penalty that the assistant gave, which no-one is arguing is incorrect.

I actually think that the premiership is so sad and formulaic that they just really had to use their 'here's the assistant's line of sight' technology.

'So if we stop it now lads, we can see the assistant's line of sight for that decision.'

Ye I couldn't get my head around that.

The correct decision was made with the use of the referees official.

Like surely that's good for football?Then tryin to blame Theo for influencing him,absolutely pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

It was bizarre, they were actually giving out about the linesman, who got it right from 50 yards, instead of the ref who missed a stonewall pen from 10 yards. Corner decision they didn't even show a proper angle of (though it did look incorrect).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

HILAROIUS

There is a part 2 of this video LOL. did u lot see it?Link is on the video

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

gosplan wrote: »

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I thought I was going mad watching it. Poor Ronnie says "it was the right decision given the wrong way". What does that even mean??

Omeceron wrote: »
    Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I thought I was going mad watching it. Poor Ronnie says "it was the right decision given the wrong way". What does that even mean??

Ronnie does not like Arsenal at all.
    He still has the chip on his shoulder from 89.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement