Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Poor Tony Gale had his car stolen tonight. A policeman saw it, but was 35 yards away so felt he should ignore it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Poor Tony Gale had his car stolen tonight. A policeman saw it, but was 35 yards away so felt he should ignore it!

He despises arsenal,can't stand the man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

All honestly I agree def place in the squad for him, but needs to push on if we build a team to challenge

He just gets such a rough ride in here I love banging his drum :)

Hes turning me. Him and Wilshere completely go against the stereotype of the Arsenal of recent years. They both have great stamina and great attitudes. Could make for a serious CM partnership in the future. Ramsey doesn't give up on anything. That dodgy corner was the 3rd or 4th lost cause he chased, bundling defenders out of the way as they 'shield' (absolutely despise how its allowed) the ball out. He got nothing for it the first few times but his perseverance paid off in the end. Made one or two tough tackles too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

More of the same sh*t on BBC, Moyes,Hanson & Linspurker all said no peno because the linesman gave it. Then agreed that the one on Walcott was more a peno yet didn't bother showing it in the match highlights. Nor did they mention the elbow on Ramsey by Turner. Propaganda at its best.

Soups123 wrote: »
    More of the same sh*t on BBC, Moyes,Hanson & Linspurker all said no peno because the linesman gave it. Then agreed that the one on Walcott was more a peno yet didn't bother showing it in the match highlights. Nor did they mention the elbow on Ramsey by Turner. Propaganda at its best.

Hate to play the victim card,but why does it always seem like commentators are against arsenal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Hate to play the victim card,but why does it always seem like commentators are against arsenal?

Who care's though? A load of hot air.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Not sure maybe we only see it as Arsenal as that's our main attention maybe others feel the same. Tonight was a Spurs,Liverpool and Everton (CL) analysts so a lot of biase there.

It's also easy to lazy commentate on Arsenal do many cliche's that they can recite to pretend they have a clue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

We were awful today. Couldn't produce anything until subs were made. If we can beat Everton, I will feel a lot more confident but i'm afriad we will show up with a similar performance level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    We were awful today. Couldn't produce anything until subs were made. If we can beat Everton, I will feel a lot more confident but i'm afriad we will show up with a similar performance level

That's a bit OTT isn't it?

Yes, the build-up was a bit slow and lacked some urgency and purpose, but I'd hardly describe it as one of our "awful" performances. Were in complete control and never looked in trouble at the back (bar the goal of course). First half, Giroud hit the bar and Gervinho should have scored had his touch not been so heavy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

I think every supporter feels like that! I mean Liverpool are on a bad run for the last while but when they were doing well all the pundits were salivating over them. It was the same when we were doing well and playing "Barcelona-esque football".

Utd get a lot of favorable commentary purely because they will do well every season, so if a pundit says that he thinks they will finish first and they only finish second, he still looks good and knowledgeable. Arsenal were contenders before and so we got favorable commentary but now, although we will probably finish top four, we aren't contenders anymore and so are an outside bet and won't prove any pundits right.

Outside of that former Liverpool players will always support Liverpool and the same goes for any other former players. Brady seems a bit different to me and seems to try to be honest/neutral but that is hard for me to judge as an Arsenal supporter. There are a few who seem to have a grudge but other than that we are probably in the same boat as everyone else when it comes to analysis (although grudgingly Neville does seem to be spot on most of the time as well).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

farna_boy wrote: »
    I think every supporter feels like that! I mean Liverpool are on a bad run for the last while but when they were doing well all the pundits were salivating over them. It was the same when we were doing well and playing "Barcelona-esque football".

Utd get a lot of favorable commentary purely because they will do well every season, so if a pundit says that he thinks they will finish first and they only finish second, he still looks good and knowledgeable. Arsenal were contenders before and so we got favorable commentary but now, although we will probably finish top four, we aren't contenders anymore and so are an outside bet and won't prove any pundits right.

Outside of that former Liverpool players will always support Liverpool and the same goes for any other former players. Brady seems a bit different to me and seems to try to be honest/neutral but that is hard for me to judge as an Arsenal supporter. There are a few who seem to have a grudge but other than that we are probably in the same boat as everyone else when it comes to analysis (although grudgingly Neville does seem to be spot on most of the time as well).

Neville as much as I hated as a players is the only pundit I respect these days. He is always impartial and say it exactly like it is and in an educated manner aswell. He is pretty much always spot on with his anlaysis.

farna_boy wrote: »

Ye suppose,its just watching the match on the net yesterday the American commentators were so biased against arsenal,then I had to listen to it on sky sports news,rte and motd

Not one of them could actually admit the penalty was a right decision.Ah well onwards and upwards.

4 points from the next 2 games I would be happy with.A few potential banana skins coming up,one game at a time.

Let's hope united don't win the league at the emirates!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Neville as much as I hated as a players is the only pundit I respect these days. He is always impartial and say it exactly like it is and in an educated manner aswell. He is pretty much always spot on with his anlaysis.

Couldnt agree more and from some of the comments hes made about Arsenal over the past few years,they have always been very positive and he seems to have respect for us as a club and our supporters.

There at it now on goals on Sunday saying arsenals 3 goals should have been disallowed.

Unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Yet to see anyone mention Norwich's free kick either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

There at it now on goals on Sunday saying arsenals 3 goals should have been disallowed.

Unbelievable.

Who was that? And what was supposed to be wrong with the 2nd?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Sergio wrote: »
    Couldnt agree more and from some of the comments hes made about Arsenal over the past few years,they have always been very positive and he seems to have respect for us as a club and our supporters.

You get the impression that he respect Arsenal a lot when you read his book. Not surprising though given how good Arsenal team was and the model they followed.

greendom wrote: »
    Who was that? And what was supposed to be wrong with the 2nd?

Kami the twat,Brendan Rodgers and Steve mclaren

saying giroud was pulling the defenders shirt as he scored the goal.said the 3rd Theo was offside.

But the penalty they claim because the ref didn't give it then the linesman shouldn't have,plus because players always pull shirts in the box that it shouldn't be given as a foul,even though it is?How do these pundits get paid to talk such ****d.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Kami the twat,Brendan Rodgers and Steve mclaren

saying giroud was pulling the defenders shirt as he scored the goal.said the 3rd Theo was offside.

But the penalty they claim because the ref didn't give it then the linesman shouldn't have,plus because players always pull shirts in the box that it shouldn't be given as a foul,even though it is?How do these pundits get paid to talk such ****d.

Amazing to think how they always seem to love the big strong centre forward bullying defenders unless they're French and playing for Arsenal. it would seem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

greendom wrote: »
    Amazing to think how they always seem to love the big strong centre forward bullying defenders unless they're French and playing for Arsenal. it would seem

I think they were just trying to point out that Giroud was holding bassong for the 2nd goal the same as the Norwich defender was holding Giroud for the penalty. I tend to agree with them.

Also Walcott was offside, but anyway does not matter the result stands and everybody has to get on with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

TheCoolWay wrote: »

I'd take a performance and result like that every week from here on.

Aye nothing about ramsey been hauled to the ground before norwichs goal though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

I watched MotD and the Premiership last night and what came to mind was that tears of unfathomable sadness South Park video.

Love it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

544141_524120934313493_161845706_n.jpg

What's a good result in the united stoke game,in terms of united not winning the league at the Emirates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Am I right in thinking Szczesny wasn't even on the bench yesterday?

Interesting if so as there was nothing about him being injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

What's a good result in the united stoke game,in terms of united not winning the league at the Emirates?

United winning I would say plus it sends Stoke closer to relegation!

Raf32 wrote: »
    United winning I would say plus it sends Stoke closer to relegation!

I think we have 2 games before we play united,they could wrap up the league by beating us.

I think we have 2 games before we play united,they could wrap up the league by beating us.

All depends on City Spurs next week!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

United have taken the foot off the pedal in recent weeks, they are* struggling to convincingly beat the lesser teams. I wouldn't write Arsenal off beating them in the Emirates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

United have taken the foot off the pedal in recent weeks, they struggling to convincingly beat the lesser teams. I wouldn't write Arsenal off beating them in the Emirates.

Hope so but they seem to have the Indian sign over us in recent years. We seem to lie down when playing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Frisbee wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking Szczesny wasn't even on the bench yesterday?

Interesting if so as there was nothing about him being injured.

I think I read that he played in some sort of youth competition against chelsea, last week.

But whatever is happening it sounds like wenger is putting him n his place.

Fabianksi was playing really well up to the injury he sustained (from warming up with Woj before the United game) that gave Woj his big break into the team.

I don't know about "putting him in his place", but for sure competition is no bad thing for him.

If United beat West Ham, then Villa they'll be on 86. City can still get 86 if they beat Wigan and Spurs, meaning United would only need a point to win it at the Emirates!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

One game at a time lads, I will worry about the United game when we get to it.

Raf32 wrote: »
    If United beat West Ham, then Villa they'll be on 86. City can still get 86 if they beat Wigan and Spurs, meaning United would only need a point to win it at the Emirates!

So RVP would lift the cup at the Emirates with man u?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gus99

Would they not wait 'til their next game at OT for the presentation? If they had already won it, would we have to give them (and *him*) that bloody guard of honour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I think they wait for their next home game to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

No, they would have to get a point first.
    Listen, man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Off topic BUT .....

Why didn't we break the bank for Juan Mata? What a player. So intelligent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Think we have a choice between City dropping points to Sp*rs and United beating Villa or else the possibility of United winning the league at the Emirates if City win.
    Or we could just beat United. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Is the Everton game on Tuesday or Wednesday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Off topic BUT .....

He was supposed to be an Arsenal player for months, but something held up the deal and along came Chelsea at the last minute to get him. You can say why didn't Arsenal match the transfer fee they were offering, but there's no point in getting into a bidding war with them. The problem was not wrapping the deal up early. I've no idea what happened there really, anybody else know? Was probably something to do with Fabregas staying or going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Is the Everton game on Tuesday or Wednesday?

Tuesday

He was supposed to be an Arsenal player for months, but something held up the deal and along came Chelsea at the last minute to get him. You can say why didn't Arsenal match the transfer fee they were offering, but there's no point in getting into a bidding war with them. The problem was not wrapping the deal up early. I've no idea what happened there really, anybody else know? Was probably something to do with Fabregas staying or going.

wasn't it wages?they simply offered him nearly twice what we were.think I read that somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I read recently that Wenger was pretty set that Nasri was going to stay so maybe that didn't help in signing Mata.

Anyway, I'm glad we have Santi now at least. Would be nicer if we had both though!

Off topic BUT .....

One of my favourite players to watch.

His vision and passing are absolutely incredible. We would have had much fun with him playing through balls to Walcott and Chamberlain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

A tip for any Tottenham Fans wanting to cook their chicken; yes herbs are nice, but you just can't beat Basel :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Did it take you 3 days to come up with that one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement