Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

He'll hardly get a three match ban for that will he? Was a terrible challenge but the contact was clearly accidental imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Will be seriously pissed off if Wenger puts Walcott up front and Podolski on the wing or bench against United. He deserves his chance now.

blobby360 wrote: »
    Looks like Podolski up front next week...

Wally.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Will be seriously pissed off if Wenger puts Walcott up front and Podolski on the wing or bench against United. He deserves his chance now.

I agree, but tbh I reckon it will be Theo up front.

That win today was huge, if Spuds lose tomorrow then we can afford a draw or loss against United. With Spuds and Chelsea still having to play eachother (not to mention Chelsea having to play Man U and Everton too) this puts us in a great postion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

If only we beat Everton, I feel top four would be in the bag!

Best form in the league again. :pac:

Soups123 wrote: »
    It really wasn't that bad a tackle they'll appeal and win that

Over the top though. Might be reduced to a booking. Over zealous but not malicious.

Sian Massey made some excellent calls today on the line. To think a moron like Andy Gray and his idiot sidekick from St Clabberts with the hairy hands made such disparaging comments about an official who really is a credit to the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

United next, which I dont think anyone excepts us to win. A draw would be a very good result to take us into QPR and Wigan. QPR look doomed and Wigan are struggling big time. I'll be very disappointed if we dont get at least 6 from those three games.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I dont care how badly we play if it results in 3 points every time.

True but at this stage we really have to start upping our game and stop relying on luck to carry because it could well run out sooner then we think. We gave Fulham too much hope to go on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

How poor was that midfield trio of Arteta, Ramsey and Rosicky?
    In the end it was a masterclass in how to pass the ball backwards from Arsenal. Absolutely devoid of any ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I think podolski looks injured and we will see gervinho up front next 3 games

I think podolski looks injured and we will see gervinho up front next 3 games

Surely Walcott would be tried before Gervinho? If Pod is anyway fit he would be ahead of Gervinho too.

If we can get 7 points out of next three United who could have league wrapped up), QPR who are all but relegated and Wigan who could be too and just after a Cup final, we will have matched our 70 points from last year with one game left!

Can't see either Walcott or Gerv having any joy against Utd. Would much prefer Poldi up there, he's not afraid to shoot which a lot of player on this team seem to be afraid to do at the moment.

When Santi signed for us he'd come off the back of a season where he was the player who scored the most goals from outside the box in any of the top 5 European leagues. I think it was 8 or 9. There was a shooting opportunity in the second half which looked perfect for him but instead he chose to pass and the attack ended up petering out. Maybe he's been infected with whatever disease prevents the other players from shooting outside the box.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Death, taxes and United beating Aston Villa at Old Trafford are the only 3 certainties of life, Villa always roll over against them so United will win on Monday and have the incentive of winning the title on our pitch.

I for some reason see a scoreless draw next weekend, I'd take that to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Walcott 18 (11)
    Giroud 17 (11)
    Podolski 14 (10)
    Cazorla 12 (12)
    Gervinho 7 (5)
    Arteta 6 (6)
    Mertesacker 3 (3)
    Rosicky 3 (2)
    Koscielny 3 (1)
    Mr. Owen Goal 3 (3)
    Chamakh 2 (0)
    Oxlade-Chamberlain 2 (1)
    Wilshere 2 (0)
    Arshavin 1 (0)
    Gibbs 1 (0)
    Miquel 1 (0)
    Monreal 1 (1)
    Ramsey 1 (0)
    Vermaelen 1 (0)

(League goals in brackets)

Fun fact: all of Mertesacker's Arsenal goals came against teams wearing white.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I'm down to stumps where my fingernails used to be. After we have 95% of possession next week against United but lose 1-0 to a counter attack goal, at least we can hope for 6 points against QPR and Wigan. This win today will be even sweeter if we get favours tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I think 'pool will beat Chelski. They tend to up their game against big teams in front of their own fans.
    City are in a 'must win' situation against Tottenham too so it could end up being a very good weekend for us.

Surely Walcott would be tried before Gervinho? If Pod is anyway fit he would be ahead of Gervinho too.

I actually like gervinho up front his finishing aside he makes some clever runs an will create for space for santi and Walcott

The problem is he will get in front of goal and prob fall over and all the good stuff he done will be ruined

But I would personally pick gervhino ahead of both

Just my opinion
    (Runs for the door)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Our current form in terms of points gained is amazing though really infuriating.

We're playing as badly as we have this year with not a single attacking player producing anything consistent over the last month.

So where the hell is this championship form coming from?

We're finally playing our best CB pairing and the team is focused on defence.

Everybody's hit and miss over the last month... except the defence. 2 conceded in last 5, is it?

gosplan wrote: »
    Our current form in terms of points gained is amazing though really infuriating.

We're playing as badly as we have this year with not a single attacking player producing anything consistent over the last month.

So where the hell is this championship form coming from?

We're finally playing our best CB pairing and the team is focused on defence.

Everybody's hit and miss over the last month... except the defence. 2 conceded in last 5, is it?

I think having Ramsey beside arteta helps with the defensive side of the game too

I think having Ramsey beside arteta helps with the defensive side of the game too

Would agree, but for as much of a positive effect they have on our defending they have a negative effect on our attacking. Both offer little really in a creative sense.

dvemail wrote: »
    Would agree, but for as much of a positive effect they have on our defending they have a negative effect on our attacking. Both offer little really in a creative sense.

Fully agree but I would blame jack/santi there our creative players now it's not the job of arteta/Ramsey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,500 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Was away all day and didn't see the game.
    It is great to win despite the performance in which we rode our luck.
    Just saw the highlights on The Premiership and we looked a tired team.
    Four games left and we are in a good position. The fixtures, apart from the United game, should be winnable. Draw with Utd should do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,133 ✭✭✭G1032

dvemail wrote: »
    How poor was that midfield trio of Arteta, Ramsey and Rosicky?
    In the end it was a masterclass in how to pass the ball backwards from Arsenal. Absolutely devoid of any ideas.

Arsenal had more forward passes today than in any other game this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Only saw the first half but from that I thought the midfield trio were fine. We're playing a more defensive game nowadays and that's shown in our results. Only seen 1 angle of Giroud's red but it looked like a joke of a decision. Wenger better put Podolski up there now, hes strong on the ball, he might not link as well as Giroud but his hold up play will probably be better, Giroud's isn't good at all, he just tries flicks, completely incapable of actually shielding it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

I've heard rumours that Pod is carrying an injury that'll require surgery in the summer and thats why wenger has been keeping his involvement to a minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

time to buy falcoa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

time to buy falcoa

Time for silent Stan to do one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Any chance Arsenal can appeal the Giroud red?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Love Merts celebration yesterday you could see what the goal meant to him :D

Hopefully Fabianski is back in between the sticks soon, Chesney doesn't fill me with any confidence whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

G1032 wrote: »
    Arsenal had more forward passes today than in any other game this season.

This is why I hate stats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Very interesting permutations for us today. If Spurs win Utd have won the league, leaving them a week long party and nothing to play for against us next week. If City win it keeps Spurs 5 pts behind us but means Utd could possibly win the league at the Emirates.

Bit of a conundrum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Interesting fact I came across earlier; Jeremie Aliadiere has 14 goals and 7 assists for Lorient in Ligue 1 this season. Clinical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

AVB, looks nervous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Very interesting permutations for us today. If Spurs win Utd have won the league, leaving them a week long party and nothing to play for against us next week. If City win it keeps Spurs 5 pts behind us but means Utd could possibly win the league at the Emirates.
    EX
    Bit of a conundrum.

I'd take the latter every day of the week Spurs to trail by 5 and then deal with the Man U next week on it's own merits

EX
    Bit of a conundrum.

I'd take the latter every day of the week Spurs to trail by 5 and then deal with the Man U game on its own merits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

greendom wrote: »
    I'd take the latter every day of the week Spurs to trail by 5 and then deal with the Man U next week on it's own merits

Gilesy, is that you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I've always liked Nasri.

cson wrote: »
    Gilesy, is that you?

Oh dear strayed badly into cliche land there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,133 ✭✭✭G1032

LOL. Nasri scores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

G1032 wrote: »
    LOL. Nasri scores.

Really was a great transfer for us..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Love it from Nasri. 2nd league goal of the season. One less than Per!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Bit of a conundrum.

they'd still have to beat villa tomorrow to win the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Fun fact for the day, Merts now has the same amount of EPL goals this season as Adebayor.

jan vertonghen is some player boys! really wish we got him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Raf32 wrote: »
    jan vertonghen is some player boys! really wish we got him!

Forget him, we've got a big ****en german!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Ugh city.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement