Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

gosplan wrote: »
    So Chelsea 1 pt behind and Spurs 2 but they've both got a game in hand.

9 point guarantees it then.

Hopefully United win well tomorrow and are still drunk next weekend.

We should take that game in hand as the one they play against each other so one or both of them will drop points there. A draw against United and then we need to try and win our other games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    I have a very nervous feeling about this. We need 4 wins and/or hope that Chelsea and Spurs mess up. Even if Man Utd win the title tomorrow Ferguson will still demand they win at the Emirates.

Yeah, me too

the only thing that guarantees Arsenal a CL spot is 4 wins

Arsenal could get 10 points & still miss out on the CL

also, posted this a few pages back but don't like the fact that Tottenham now play before Arsenal for the next 3 GW's - puts really pressure on Arsenal if they win

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Win all our remaining games were in
    Simple really :)

Maire2009 wrote: »
    We should take that game in hand as the one they play against each other so one or both of them will drop points there. A draw against United and then we need to try and win our other games.

i worked it out there :o

Arsenal can get 10 points & still miss out, if they both win the other 4 & draw with each other

12 points is the only thing now that = guaranteed CL

batistuta9 wrote: »
    i worked it out there :o

Arsenal can get 10 points & still miss out, if they both win the other 4 & draw with each other

12 points is the only thing now that = guaranteed CL

Ah flip so we really want one of them to lose that game - maybe Chelsea will slip as they have 2 extra games with the Europa League?

Must beat United .... a few seasons ago I would have been confident, not so much now :(

• Advertisement

and another thing that can happen if Arsenal only get 10 points is:

if chelsea win 4 & lose to Tottenham (who win 5 for argument), they'd both still finish above Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I think we're capable of beating united, whether the team think it is another thing

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Ah flip so we really want one of them to lose that game - maybe Chelsea will slip as they have 2 extra games with the Europa League?

Must beat United .... a few seasons ago I would have been confident, not so much now :(

now, I'd say Tottenham as they'd get to 73 winning 4 & losing 1
    Arsenal can get to 73 as well with 3W 1D but have a GD of +13 on them

if Chelsea lose it & win the other 4, they'd get 74 points

really want both of them to have dropped points before they play each other, i'd be surprised if Arsenal get a point v Man U tbh

now, I'd say Tottenham as they'd get to 73 winning 4 & losing 1
    Arsenal can get to 73 as well with 3W 1D but have a GD of +13 on them

if Chelsea lose it & win the other 4, they'd get 74 points

really want both of them to have dropped points before they play each other, i'd be surprised if Arsenal get a point v Man U tbh

At least it's exciting - not good for the heart, but it's exciting :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

My opinion is that we need to win United, QPR and Wigan, in order to (potentially) have the luxury of a draw in Newcastle last game.
    Tottenham's only really difficult game is at Chelsea and Chelsea also have to travel to Man Utd (actually three games before their game against Tottenham).
    I agree with everybody saying we need to take it one step at a time.
    And I will happily take 4 boring 1-0 wins until the end of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,500 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

This is the first time in ages that we will have a full squad to choose from against United except for Giroud.
    We have been lacking a bit of energy of late but if such an important game does not have us up for this then nothing will.
    Wenger has a full week to get them ready while United could be crowned tomorrow night and will have nothing much to play for.
    I think Chelsea will drop some points too in the run in.
    The last day of the season could be soooo important for all three challenging teams.

This is the first time in ages that we will have a full squad to choose from against United except for Giroud.
    We have been lacking a bit of energy of late but if such an important game does not have us up for this then nothing will.
    Wenger has a full week to get them ready while United could be crowned tomorrow night and will have nothing much to play for.
    I think Chelsea will drop some points too in the run in.
    The last day of the season could be soooo important for all three challenging teams.

We should still call Diaby a squad member so we have a ready made excuse if our midfield gets steam rolled :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Very confident of qualifying - we are showing steel when it's needed - forget bout spurs and Chelsea , lets play our own game :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yep I'm not watching Spurs and Chelsea any more after today just focusing on our own games, Chelsea will be beaten by both Spurs and United anyway i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Is it me or is this the most heated top four finish to a season for a long time?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

HazDanz wrote: »
    Is it me or is this the most heated top four finish to a season for a long time?

Last year was much the same imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Looking at the way the fixtures fall, the Utd game is now ridiculously big for us.

If we lose that, we'll most likely be in 5th meaning it's out of our hands whatever happens in the Chelsea/Spurs match.

I don't know who but someone's going to have to step up next week and provide some attacking threat. The Utd defence will soak up our recent performances with consummate ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Looking at the way the fixtures fall, the Utd game is now ridiculously big for us.

If we lose that, we'll most likely be in 5th meaning it's out of our hands whatever happens in the Chelsea/Spurs match.

I don't know who but someone's going to have to step up next week and provide some attacking threat. The Utd defence will soak up our recent performances with consummate ease.

I feel Wilshere or Rosicky could have a huge impact on the game. Who would you pick? I don't envy wenger having to pick the team for that game

I don't think Podolski is fully fit so he'll have to be an option from the bench.

Since he is the only one available with any bit of upper body strength to compete with Vidic and Ferdinand, we should rule that out and try to get in behind them and take advantage of the fact they don't have the speed anymore. I'm sticking with playing Gervinho down the middle and keep Theo out wide. Run at the fu€kers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Arshavin to make a final triumphant four goal salvo before departing into the night :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Yep I'm not watching Spurs and Chelsea any more after today just focusing on our own games

In fairness buddy you watching games has no bearing whatsoever with on the result LOL :D

but I do get where you are coming from

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Last year was much the same imo.

Last year I was pretty well convinced that we were gonna nail a Champo's spot, this season though..........not so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

any chance of an appeal on Giroud red card? Something similar was successfully appealed in the Champions league I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I hear Podolski requires surgery and is waiting until the season is over, hence why he can only last 15-20 minutes at a time.

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The club is to appeal Giroud's red card. We'll hear how it went tomorrow afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

greendom wrote: »
    The club is to appeal Giroud's red card. We'll hear how it went tomorrow afternoon.

My prediction was right :D Hoping its successful, even with the other options, I would much prefer Giroud to play upfront in the remaining fixtures

since it's quiet a few transfer stories

Bould could become the manager of Stoke

Joachim Löw is being considered as the next manager after/if Wenger finishes

a 15mil bid for Draxler for Schalke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

a 15mil bid for Draxler for Schalke

Only 15 Million for Draxler... I'd bite there hand off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

greendom wrote: »

No chance. I actually think he was trying to control the ball but it doesn't matter. He went over the ball with force and it was dangerous. It will be upheld.

blobby360 wrote: »
    Only 15 Million for Draxler... I'd bite there hand off.

where do you think he'd fit in?

Stuck out wide, probably. Not sure if there's much to it, standard type of player to be linked to wenger/arsenal

PSG & Monaco are supposedly interested in Sagna though, a bit more probable that one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Does this gard of honour ****e take place before or after the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Does this gard of honour ****e take place before or after the game?

Before I won't be tuning in till late :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Before I won't be tuning in till late :)

It will either deflate our players or fire them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

where do you think he'd fit in?

Out wide I'd say. He's a real talent with a cracking shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Screamer from VP. United are just brimming with confidence.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Screamer from VP. United are just brimming with confidence.

Goal of the season contender. It was beauty.

Still a big smelly skunk though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Handy one for ye next Sunday..united will have the youth team out against ye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I'm sure this has been pointed out before but Paul Tomkins just posted it on twitter.
    Paul Tomkins ‏@paul_tomkins 4m
    With RVP Arsenal finished 3rd '11/12. Without RVP Arsenal are…3rd. With RVP Arsenal got 70pts. Without RVP Arsenal on course for…70pts.

In some alternative reality if you had strengthened in the same way you did during the summer and kept hold of RVP. It's very likely that considering United would then have been without him that you would have been contesting the league this year. I know, I know if my auntie . . . . . .

Opr

Yep can't wait for us to thump them 9-0 with Pod, Gervinho and Mertesacker all getting hattricks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Really?? Wow, whatever you say. Any more of your usual ...(eh, how shall I put this politely)... "gems of wisdom" for us while you're here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

opr wrote: »
    I'm sure this has been pointed out before but Paul Tomkins just posted it on twitter.

In some alternative reality if you had strengthened in the same way you did during the summer and kept hold of RVP. It's very likely that considering United would then have been without him that you would have been contesting the league this year. I know, I know if my auntie . . . . . .

Opr

Yeah I'm fairly certain had we kept Song and Van Persie we'd have been there or thereabouts.

cson wrote: »
    Yeah I'm fairly certain had we kept Song and Van Persie we'd have been there or thereabouts.

It's been the case for the last few years though hasn't it? Always frustrating/upsetting thinking about it after the fact.

RVP deserves to win the league, United don't.
    Cracking goal it must be said.

I'm never going to get the Song love...

cson wrote: »

It really pisses me off to think of what could have been had we dicided to take a financial hit for once and keep Song and RVP, it would have been worth up to 10 points to us and RVP has been worth close to that to MU this season.

At the start of August we had very close to a title winning squad in my opinion. Whatever about selling Song, RVP has made them so much stronger and us so much weaker. I'm not so sure we'd have won it (probably not in my opinion) but we'd have come close.

I'm never going to get the Song love...

Nor the Eboue one for me.

Jaysus tis yourself! Stick around this time :D

jordainius wrote: »
    Jaysus tis yourself! Stick around this time :D

Well horse? ;) ill do my best.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Such a beautifully bitter and incredibly wrong post juxtaposed with one of honesty.

An achievement.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement