Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New packages for Vunerable/Household Benefits Package customers?

Options
  • 21-01-2013 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering if there is any update on new packages for vulnerable/Household Benefits package customers, as mentioned recently in the Irish Times.

I'm currently on the vulnerable user scheme as I only make a few calls, but rarely in the evening. Will this plan be changed or will anything better be available soon?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

sunbeam wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if there is any update on new packages for vulnerable/Household Benefits package customers, as mentioned recently in the Irish Times.

I'm currently on the vulnerable user scheme as I only make a few calls, but rarely in the evening. Will this plan be changed or will anything better be available soon?

Hi sunbeam

I have looked into this and I have been advised to ask you to call ouraccounts team on 1901 and when you have entered in your phone number an automated voice message stating "if your call relates to the changes telephone allowance following the budget or you have received a letter concerning these changes press 1 now" please press 1 when you have heard this message and you will be immediately directed to an agent to discuss this and the impact it may have towards your bill.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭Delta2113

The letter sent to Telephone Allowance Customers tells people to go to www.eircom.net/dsp/questions if you want to know more about savings you could make.

I checked this webpage out and it has nothing on it.

The letter also says eircom has developed a set of great new offers. What are these offers? Are they top secret?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi [url defaultattr=http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u="9591"][/url]Delta2113

Apologies for the inconvenience caused, Unfortunately the website has not been updated yet and to explore your options and our new packages offered to people affected by the change in the alowance you will need to contact accounts on freephone 1901 where an agent will be happy to help.

Best wishes

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I rang 1901 about this a few days ago and was told to call back in February. Will try again tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭Delta2113

eircom are making this up as they go along - a terrible way to treat it's customers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I rang 1901 about this a few days ago and was told to call back in February. Will try again tomorrow morning.

Hi sunbeam,

Can you PM me with your telephone or account number so I can look into your current call set up to see what the closest / cheapest option will be.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Thanks Mark, pm sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Thanks Mark, pm sent.

Hi sunbeam,

Thanks, for sending on your details. I need to confirm the situation with the eircom products team and I will get back to you as soon as I have any info.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement