Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION] Another chance to win a Climote thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Bad weather means working from home! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 MaggieMc74

Hi,

I like turning on the heating and having a long hot soak in the bath and then putting on fluffy pjs socks and snuggling under a duvet to watch some tv!!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ciaglen

The cold weather is a good excuse to get into bed early and snuggle up in my electric blanket with a good book :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Cold and icy means I get to take the car to work instead of the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭coolclogher

Being able to go for long walks with the country side looking beautiful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 lorcafan

Now if I had an app to control my electric kettle I wouldn't have to get out of bed at all :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 lorcafan

Now if I had an app to control my electric kettle I wouldn't have to get out of bed at all :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭wexfordman

You just cant beat a cold fresh bright morning, there is no better feeling. A close runner up though is comming home  into a warm house after a day outdoors, or a walk on the beach!

Warmth, comfort and relaxing inside watching a film from 20 years ago while having a hot chocolate!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tomc

The colder weather always brings with it the chance of snow, when the kids open the curtains and scream like they've won the Lottery as they lookout on the white Gold.  The hope that School might be closed, the snowballs, Snowmen and Angels, the expedition up the mountains with the sleigh where Parents get to turn back the hands of time and career down the hills with as much abandon as the kids.
    The home-coming, the wet clothes, frozen hands, ruddy cheeks.  The glow as we sit with our backs against the radiators sipping hot chocolate.     I hope school is closed again tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭aidan.connolly

The clear air

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

It's easier to get warm when it's too cold in winter than it is to cool down when it's too hot in summer ... not that the past few Irish summers have given me much of a problem ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Baron Floyd

I like waking up in the morning, seeing the haze on the window that indicates that there just *might* be white outside...then the first view of the snow instantly turning me into a kid again,  all the more exciting now that I have a kid of my own to share it with :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

I love the crunch noise of snow inderneath your feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ciara07

The nicest thing about the cold weather is wrapping up warmly to go out for a run or a walk in the park, the crispness in the fresh cold  air, safe in the knowledge that I'm returning to my nice warm home thanks to great Value from Electric Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Hi everyone,

You might recall that our previous boards competition in December was for a chance to win a free Climote, including installation; well, there has been such massive interest in this product that we thought we'd give you boardsies another chance to win one. This fantastic prize is valued at €299, and that's with €100 off the RRP!

In case you need a quick reminder, Climote is the remote control for your home heating, helping you save €’s by ensuring you don’t heat an empty house, or come home to a cold one. At this time of year, it’s easy to waste money by having the heating on too much, so imagine if you could turn your heating on and off while you’re at work, on your way home, or even before you get up in the morning. This video explains all:

Now we know that talk of cold snaps isn’t likely to lift anyone’s spirits, so to be in with a chance to win, why not tell us something you actually like about the colder weather? As always, leave your comment below to enter.

The competition Ts&Cs are here, and the closing date for entries is Monday 28th January at 1pm.

Best of luck!
    How do you enter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Coming home to a nice warm house. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

That crisp fresh feeling you get on mornings like today where it was really freezing but the frost made everything look fab

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭EoghanConway

I like looking at it from the comfort of a warm cosy house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

people falling on ice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Coming home, rosy and glowing, and sitting down in the warmth, wrapping hands around a big mug of hot chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

Love the snow, and the chaos it brings!!  :p

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Tucker688

[font=arial, 'Lucida Grande', 'Bitstream Vera Sans', verdana, sans-serif]I love the cold.  But, glad it only lasts as long as it does. I even biked to work on Friday.  It was a nice, balmy 2c!  I still broke a sweat.  Only my toes were cold, and that was due to not enough room in the shoe with 2 thick socks. Removed one sock on the way home and all was well.  Cold weather makes me feel alive![/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

love the sight of my breath looking like fog in the cold air.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭foxirl

Snow outside makes it feel even warmer on the inside

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I like strapping tennis racquets to my feet, hanging a packet of fish fingers from my fishing rod and pretending I am an eskimo.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Dfmnoc

The every day challenges make life more interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

Well wrapped up walking over a heavily frosted grass with that satisfying crunch followed quickly by entering a warm and toasty house.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Watching Weather Models and seeing the weather forum go crazy with will it snow imby questions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Snow covered trees

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement