Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION] Another chance to win a Climote thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Waking up under your duvet in a warm room, cold wind outside, and realising you've still got a few hours left in bed.
    Best feeling in the world :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dicknorris

I love a long healthy walk on there cold frosty mornings knowing i can set my climote app to have the heat on when I get back to the house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bazza1

Pristine white snow and the sharp freshness of the air when you are outdoors. The tingling of your fingers and nose. The best bit is coming back in to hot tea and the house toasty warm thanks to the Climote I am about to win turning the heat on, just in time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭roroduff

Yes please, count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

just how a blanket of snow makes everything look so much better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭RunDMC

The snow, the traffic, the travel disruption, the heating bills. I love them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭magicray

I love coming in from work, getting into my pjs and sitting in front of the fire knowing no one is going to drop in unexpectedly as its too cold and miserable to be out and about

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The mayhem on the weather forum. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

crunchy noise walking on grass breaking the snow

• Registered Users Posts: 34 suttonca2597

The way my dog becomes a dog/snowball in the snow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mcgrailg

Cosying up on the couch in front of a warm fire

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Polar wizard adventure

Warmth.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

Fog, miserable, cold weather - nice to look out at

• Registered Users Posts: 26 self_builder

Snow days!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 buyersguide044

Hi everyone,

You might recall that our previous boards competition in December was for a chance to win a free Climote, including installation; well, there has been such massive interest in this product that we thought we'd give you boardsies another chance to win one. This fantastic prize is valued at €299, and that's with €100 off the RRP!

In case you need a quick reminder, Climote is the remote control for your home heating, helping you save €’s by ensuring you don’t heat an empty house, or come home to a cold one. At this time of year, it’s easy to waste money by having the heating on too much, so imagine if you could turn your heating on and off while you’re at work, on your way home, or even before you get up in the morning. This video explains all:

Now we know that talk of cold snaps isn’t likely to lift anyone’s spirits, so to be in with a chance to win, why not tell us something you actually like about the colder weather? As always, leave your comment below to enter.

The competition Ts&Cs are here, and the closing date for entries is Monday 28th January at 1pm.

Best of luck!
    The cold snap as everybody  calls it , I look out the window and all I see is this Crystal  maze and  enchanting world "jack frost was out last nite Daddy",the kids say .The excitement of it all .Its  a military operation to get everything ready .The hats ,The gloves and the scarfs ,oops !,"we forgot that we will have to wear out boots , they are warmer ",they say .Stepping Out side for the first time , the frozen world  meets us like a blast of the antarctic.
    All the trees are painted white and the birds are looking for a puddle that isnt frozen over .
    Crunch , crunch.The kids ask "why was jack frost out last nite daddy ", and I say . " It was his turn to play last nite ".
    Carefully we march on ,we are walking  slowly, but our breathing looks like a steam train ,puffing away,puffing away,puffing away.We forget its cold outside , looking at this natural  wonder that  jack frost created  last nite.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 buyersguide044

The cold snap as everybody  calls it , I look out the window and all I see is this Crystal  maze and  enchanting world "jack frost was out last nite Daddy",the kids say .The excitement of it all .Its  a military operation to get everything ready .The hats ,The gloves and the scarfs ,oops !,"we forgot that we will have to wear out boots , they are warmer ",they say .Stepping Out side for the first time , the frozen world  meets us like a blast of the antarctic.
    All the trees are painted white and the birds are looking for a puddle that isnt frozen over .
    Crunch , crunch.The kids ask "why was jack frost out last nite daddy ", and I say . " It was his turn to play last nite ".
    Carefully we march on ,we are walking  slowly, but our breathing looks like a steam train ,puffing away,puffing away,puffing away.We forget its cold outside , looking at this natural  wonder that  jack frost created  last nite.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭franciec

Being inside in a nice  warm house and looking out at the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

I'm not like all the other posters, I HATE the cold weather, please give me the climote so I can at least somewhat bring back the joyous summer temperatures :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

The cold weather like the last couple of days always reminds me of the guy slipping on ice during the RTE news broadcast. TWHACK!

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

It gives me an excuse to stay indoors and watch telly without guilt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭greenheart

My favourite thing about winter is when it's raining heavily and I'm in my nice cosy bed listening to the rain hitting off the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wopp

A warm girlfriend is a happy girlfriend. The Climote app would ensure she stays warm and my hoodies stay in my possession. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

Feeding the wild birds in the garden, giving nature a helping hand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Snuggled up in front of the fire with a glass of wine while the weather batters down outside HEAVEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Toasty

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭RUSTEDCORE

If the product is real and not a joke then I dont want i...

but I do like a nice hot chocolate on a cold day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

Winter is my favourite season.
    I Love when im getting up for school on a cold quiet morning walking up to the bus stop with that cold crisp wintery smell. I Also love wrapping up and wearing all my warm clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭rameire

Snow angels.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

When it gets so cold i look out my window and see the same little Brass Monkey crying his eyes out... And it always makes me smile:D:D because i think to myself "even though the country is in a terrible state and nobody has money , things could be worse" , I could always be that little Brass Monkey freezing my b**ls off outside haha!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SCRUB

Clear crisp days with blue sky and frost covers the countryside ....and no rain heaven

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement