Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION] Another chance to win a Climote thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

The tweets of the birds as they nibble at their fat treats in the garden, the crunch of tyres on frosty roads outside my window, the warm and cosy bedroom that makes me want to stay in bed and the smell of fresh coffee that entices me from under my duvet.  The sting of cold air as I poke my head out the door to go to work knowing that I will return to a tasty slow-cooked meal and a warm comfortable house!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

I love walking our dog on a crisp cold evening. He has a heavy coat so he much prefers these type of evenings for longer walks.

I also loved his reaction when it started snowing last week. He literally stopped mid pee when it started and tried to eat the snow that was falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

That chance, as naive as it might be, that we might get some snow *and* it might stick! Now that I'm a "grown up", a husband & a father, it's actually more likely to cause me hassle more than anything else - but I'll never let go of the desire for snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Emzer

Get some great pictures , The crunch when walking through the snow.
    but Going home to a warm house is a big one! unfortunately sometimes i might be home late from work and it would be a cold house..
    This wouldn't be a problem if i had Climote :) .

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Mulberry

Summers in Ireland are often disappointing: cool instead of warm, wet instead of sunny. So when it's properly cold in winter then we all know what to expect:

"Who nicked my cool hat"
    "Mammy I can't find my other glove!"
    "Would you mind scraping the windscreen for me - thanks love"
    "Dun that doras before all the heat escapes!"

At least we know where we are with Ireland's cold weather!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Irene R

Love the freshness of a crisp Winter day.

Love lighting the fire to warm up.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fudge74

Nothing nicer than coming in out of the cold air to a blazing fire - pure heaven :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 2dsrabl

cold weather is an excuse to curl up under blankets, watch crap tv and eat soup. any reason to eat soup is a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Kanedmick

When I was little, I loved the crisp fresh air, the clear blue skies on a frosty morning and exhaling heavily as if I had suddenly become a steam making monster :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Bazzerman

Love going out for a run on the cold calm evenings. Hearing the birds still singing as the stretch in the evening gets longer by the day. The smell of freshly lit fires coming from the chimneys of houses as you run by. Knowing that the winter is almost behind us and that we have Summer to look forward to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

Wakening up earlier than the heat; turning-over, snuggly knowing that when you get up a few hours later the heat will have the room toasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

You cant beat working outside on a nice crisp sunny day, then an evening in front of the fire with a hot whiskey and finally slipping into bed when the electric blanket has been remembered!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭donalfo

Having plenty of warm clothes on and enjoying a walk on an empty beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Kerry_2008

i like the days off work that come with the cold snap!  :)

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Cold days are usually Sunny and i love light :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Dunmoon

Snowing outside, cozy inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Psychobabble

I love crisp cold sunny days, wrapped up for a nice walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

Wearing big wooly jumpers which also helps disguise how fat i got over christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I love the feel of the crunchy frosted grass as well as coming in to a nice warm house and a cup of tea in front of the TV after a day being out and about

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Open fire and a cup of tea :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Cold days mean that hot chocolate tastes sweeter!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Knowing that spring is just around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭pinkieschick

I love the feeling of the freezing cold against my skin and the way it makes your lungs feel alive when out running and then coming come to a toasty hot stove and a big comfy chair

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭captivo

I love the feel of the warm cosy air after being outside in the cold

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Yellow snow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭VictorRomeo

The morning following a good fall of snow, watching the kids go giddy with excitement! Further, watching the dog go completely nuts when she runs out into it. She loves the stuff and it's one of the funniest things to witness - a crazy-happy dog bouncing and rolling about in the snow, killing snowmen and generally having a great time with all the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

I like the crisp mornings with fresh air and a quiet walk through the snow with the crunching sound of each step.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

sports are easier to play in cooler weather

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Love being outside when its cold as the air seems so fresh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭sidcon

What I like about the cold is coming home, no matter what my fiancé can't warm up and so when we get home she always cuddles up to me till I need to move.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement