Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION] Another chance to win a Climote thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭jacool

Coldness lingering inspires memories of the eighties.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭midlouth

Its great weather for running, nice fresh cool air!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

A warm peat briquette fire :) And how beautiful the countryside gets with a bit of snow (the odd odd time we get it)

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

i love the cold weather, its healthier ! but there is nothing better than coming home to a lovely warm house !

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

More YouTube clips of people falling over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Big AK1

It kills off all the germs (me ma said) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Vetinarugbian

The frosty smell, 
    my freezing cold cell, 
    An icy swell
    Its far from hell,

The snnowy ground 
    is all around
    the traffics drowned
    by kids joy unbound

but i still prefer the summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I like being able to light the fire, love the smell of wood or turf burning.

The missus gets mad at me if I light it during the summer. =(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

My old car wouldn't start when it was cold and damp, but once it got frosty it would work first time, like that there's a lot to be said for a crisp morning with a clear blue sky and you know you aren't going to get wet today and warm clothes mean you're toasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭djtwigster

warm open fire

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi folks,

Fantastic responses so far! Unfortunately there can be only one winner but you gotta be in to win.

Winner will be announced next Monday evening.

Just to advise also: this thread is only for competition entries, as per post #1 - might as well refresh it here as this thread is getting very long!
    Hi everyone,

You might recall that our previous boards competition in December was for a chance to win a free Climote, including installation; well, there has been such massive interest in this product that we thought we'd give you boardsies another chance to win one. This fantastic prize is valued at €299, and that's with €100 off the RRP!

In case you need a quick reminder, Climote is the remote control for your home heating, helping you save €’s by ensuring you don’t heat an empty house, or come home to a cold one. At this time of year, it’s easy to waste money by having the heating on too much, so imagine if you could turn your heating on and off while you’re at work, on your way home, or even before you get up in the morning. This video explains all:

Now we know that talk of cold snaps isn’t likely to lift anyone’s spirits, so to be in with a chance to win, why not tell us something you actually like about the colder weather? As always, leave your comment below to enter.

The competition Ts&Cs are here, and the closing date for entries is Monday 28th January

If you have queries about Climote, don't post them to this thread - instead, pop your competition entry here, and then go to the dedicated Climote thread with any queries!

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

A warm cozy house on a cold winters day..... love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Leinster

I love cosing up at home, either in front of the TV or or bed whilst the wind and rain is knocking at my window.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭rcazzy

Sitting indoors while it's cold and wet outside, and just being content with that, hopefully with rain for effect!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Whiskers51

Hi everyone,

You might recall that our previous boards competition in December was for a chance to win a free Climote, including installation; well, there has been such massive interest in this product that we thought we'd give you boardsies another chance to win one. This fantastic prize is valued at €299, and that's with €100 off the RRP!

In case you need a quick reminder, Climote is the remote control for your home heating, helping you save €’s by ensuring you don’t heat an empty house, or come home to a cold one. At this time of year, it’s easy to waste money by having the heating on too much, so imagine if you could turn your heating on and off while you’re at work, on your way home, or even before you get up in the morning. This video explains all:

e

Now we know that talk of cold snaps isn’t likely to lift anyone’s spirits, so to be in with a chance to win, why not tell us something you actually like about the colder weather? As always, leave your comment below to enter.

The competition Ts&Cs are here, and the closing date for entries is Monday 28th January at 1pm.

Best of luck!
    When it's cold and wintry outside and the house is warm and cosy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Whiskers51

When it's cold and wintry outside and the house is warm and cosy smile.png

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jibberjive

Very boring answer but its easier much easier to get the clothes dry & its a great excuse to go to bed earlier & snuggle up with a book :)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Austin1

You just can't beat that cosy feeling under the duvet when you wake up on a cold morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

I love the crunch of ice under my feet when out walking in frosty mornings or snow filled days.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Jacob55

The feel of the crisp fresh air in your lungs when you are out for a walk in the cold!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

I love the feeling of stepping in out of the cold into a lovely warm house.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

What i like about the colder weather is all the electricity i need to use to get me by the dark evenings. Shower, lights, blanket, kettle, Tv dishwasher the list is endless. Not sure how they managed years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 elbaztardo

Snowballs!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭onedmc

I love the way snow makes everywhere quieter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

Crackling open fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭JustSomeone

I love the clear night air on these cold nights.  The view over town from my upstairs windows is just magical with all those twinkly lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Dao

The best thing about the cold weather - My lovely warm house !

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Appleguy

Like when you eventually get the head back into your feet after being out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

The best part of cold weather is getting in doors out of it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Snow is awesome :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement