Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION] Another chance to win a Climote thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭pelluci

Looking out the window and thinking "There's no way in hell I'm going out in that"

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭copper04

I love a fine bright frosty morning when the sun peeps above the horizon
    and the world feels fresh and new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭AlmostQuick

Big fire, high stool, hot whiskey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

Home Automation for the win...... 2013.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭adcrawley

I will be very happy if I win this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dotts

sitting in front of a warm fire after a building a snowman with the kids

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

Sitting in nice all cosy knowing its freezing out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

I love driving to work, its dark when i leave and slowly brightens up on my commute. I can slowly hear the birds come to life and the ice on windscreens and roads melt away! Also the cold weather allows for a much nicer and greater selection of clothes!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lexielou

Seeing the wonder in my 3 year old as she delights at the 'smoke' she is making, collecting warm eggs from the henhouses with frosty hands, the flurry of coats coming off and little hands waiting for warm cups of cocoa after getting in from school.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Taking a snow day !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Davexirl

The day's are always fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Raggaroo

Nothing better than driving home in this weather knowing that you house is warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KBHolm

Waking up, looking outside and having another reason to cuddle up with each other because there's no reason why you want to go outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I work shift work and when I am travelling home on the bitterly cold winters mornings with the wind howling and the rain lashing. I pass by all the daily commuters sitting in their cars. And I think to myself that I am going to the one place that everbody wishes they where... in a nice warm house and warm cosy bed.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mished

Love coming home to a hot cuppa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭muddled1

In Ireland, I find when it's really cold during the day the sun is out. A sunny winter day can be both uplifting and invigorating and winter sunsets are the most dramatic. Coming into a warm cozy home on a crisp winter day is almost as divine as slipping into a warm bed at night -I crank the electric blanket up for 20 minutes before turning it off and slipping between the covers....heavenly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Quiggers59

The cold weather kills wasps.........and I hate wasps.To be honest that's the only good thing about the cold weather.On reflection I should add it encourages the wife to give me a cuddle,so that's two things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

love being in a warm house while its freezing outside

• Registered Users Posts: 27 conorkeating

Not having to cut the grass every week or so, heaven!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

SLIPPERS!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 RYANMANW

On the coldest of days there is a promise of a hot whisky by the fire

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Donalh

Cold weather means I get a 4 month break from mowing the lawn  :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Lounging inside with the lil one all cosied up on the couch

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭a_noodle_jenny

Warm soup, hot water bottles, winter clothes like scarf, big fluffy had and gloves, the way that the sun sits on the horizon and glows... the morning sunrise that we all miss in the summer (unless you're up at 4.30am), lying back to a warm fire snuggling up on the couch with your loved ones, fleece blankets, scented candles and tea lights galore, stripy socks and my vast collection of oversized thermal pyjamas... 

Not having to mow the lawn and noticing that little growth spurt coming in early February and after a long spell of rain that precious dry day that allows children out on their bikes, people to walk their dogs and mammies to get some drying done on their washing!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Joey99

A warm house and saving money by not using my dear wife's approach (which is to just leave the heating on all the time!)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 onliner

Crispy winter walk andhome to warm house and homemade bread and soup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭dam099

Snow covered trees.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

In the colder weather the kids tend to move faster when out for a walk. Not so much mooching around, more brisk action. Oh and the suggestion that we should have a cup of tea (and cake) on the way home to warm up like, does not get the :eek: that it does on other days!

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Building a snowman with the kids - priceless!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Tomtata

Walking in snow up to me knees.... Its great!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement