Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION] Another chance to win a Climote thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options
  • 21-01-2013 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

You might recall that our previous boards competition in December was for a chance to win a free Climote, including installation; well, there has been such massive interest in this product that we thought we'd give you boardsies another chance to win one. This fantastic prize is valued at €299, and that's with €100 off the RRP!

In case you need a quick reminder, Climote is the remote control for your home heating, helping you save €’s by ensuring you don’t heat an empty house, or come home to a cold one. At this time of year, it’s easy to waste money by having the heating on too much, so imagine if you could turn your heating on and off while you’re at work, on your way home, or even before you get up in the morning. This video explains all:

Now we know that talk of cold snaps isn’t likely to lift anyone’s spirits, so to be in with a chance to win, why not tell us something you actually like about the colder weather? As always, leave your comment below to enter.

The competition Ts&Cs are here, and the closing date for entries is Monday 28th January at 1pm.

Best of luck!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

The lack of entries is odd :/ 

Anyhow I dont mind, better odds :)

I love going out in the cold, just to come home to a warm house.

I love going to bed, turning the heater in my room off and opening my window when its cold out. It just makes my bed so much more comfortable.

I dont love the price of my bill because of having to leave the heating on when going out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

I love that  crisp, cold, crunchy sound when I am out walking in the current weather conditions.
    Hi everyone,

You might recall that our previous boards competition in December was for a chance to win a free Climote, including installation; well, there has been such massive interest in this product that we thought we'd give you boardsies another chance to win one. This fantastic prize is valued at €299, and that's with €100 off the RRP!

In case you need a quick reminder, Climote is the remote control for your home heating, helping you save €’s by ensuring you don’t heat an empty house, or come home to a cold one. At this time of year, it’s easy to waste money by having the heating on too much, so imagine if you could turn your heating on and off while you’re at work, on your way home, or even before you get up in the morning. This video explains all:

Now we know that talk of cold snaps isn’t likely to lift anyone’s spirits, so to be in with a chance to win, why not tell us something you actually like about the colder weather? As always, leave your comment below to enter.

The competition Ts&Cs are here, and the closing date for entries is Monday 28th January at 1pm.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

snowmen

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

lovely fresh cool evenings, just the best to go for a walk in and if theres any snow its even better. Then as your body begins to freeze like a human snowman you open your front door and step inside to a beautiful warm home. You put your feet up and lie back for the evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Watching the puzzled look in the dogs face as she tries to figure out what this white stuff is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Cold air hitting the lungs wakes me up - and reminds me to stay off the cigs!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

A nice warm house to come home to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Its dry and cold, which means my garden is no longer a mud wrestling ring for my dogs. CLEAN HOUSE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Lad Of Banter

dodging snowballs thrown at me by young lads, great craic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Cause it makes the place look nicer :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭livdmg

Snowball fight

• Registered Users Posts: 2 OffBelay

I love that cold tingly nose feeling, and being able to see my breath. But most of all I love coming in from the cold to a cozy house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

A warm fire and a hot whiskey  :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Cold weather makes a great excuse to cuddle up! Put on the heat, light some candles and get cozy under a blanket :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ceroc81

Gives me the opportunity to wear my lovika-mittens that I brought from Sweden :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

The winter is so dark in Ireland that when its frosty or snows the whiteness makes everything so much brighter it cheers me up. There's nothing quite like watching snow fall, it has such an unusual sound-so quiet yet steady. I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Hard Nipples

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Bambi2

Oooh I like wearing hats, scarves and other layers....I'm a bit of an onion really....and a hat person!!! lol!

This sounds like a deadly prize, would love a chance to see one in action even!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭downwesht

Would love to win !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

I like going for a brisk walk-about well-wrapped-up and lovely and cosy and warm on a crisp cold Winter's Day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Gilally

The coziness of our house in winter, fire blazing. Rads on, casserole in oven and knowing its bitterly cold outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Getting to light the real fire!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭deecom

Less use for the freezer! Just keep frozen stuff outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Blackjack

The way the city lights seem to be brighter, but still makes you want to be inside!. Pubs are far more inviting when you are passing by in the cold!.

Letting the cats in and then getting into a lovely warm bed thanks to my electric blanket!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I just adopted two baby bunnies, they love it warm and cosy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

Warm Houses!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Love the crisp freshness of a dry cold day.. especially with a bit of snow on the ground...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaxCharlie

going outside and looking at the roofs of houses and seeing which ones are leaking heat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement