Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION] Another chance to win a Climote thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

I love driving in the snow when now other cars are on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭IsThisOneFree

Waking up early on a crisp morning and watching the sun gleam out over the frosty fields ..... then heading back to my warm bed because it's Saturday and I can have a lay in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Things I like about the colder weather:

1. It confuses snakes.

2. It often heralds "a grand stretch in the evening".

3. It makes Irish drivers even worse than normal, a truly remarkable feat.

4. You can exhale and pretend you are smoking.

5. It is an excuse to reminisce about that six-one news guy, ha ha, what an idiot! He almost died!

6. I don't know what a climote is. Can I have one please?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭hotshots85

Getting home from work in the freezing cold to nice fire

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Snow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭cartom

Drinking a nice hot cup of tea, by the fire. While looking out the window at the cold

• Registered Users Posts: 1 murach

Hi everyone,

You might recall that our previous boards competition in December was for a chance to win a free Climote, including installation; well, there has been such massive interest in this product that we thought we'd give you boardsies another chance to win one. This fantastic prize is valued at €299, and that's with €100 off the RRP!

In case you need a quick reminder, Climote is the remote control for your home heating, helping you save €’s by ensuring you don’t heat an empty house, or come home to a cold one. At this time of year, it’s easy to waste money by having the heating on too much, so imagine if you could turn your heating on and off while you’re at work, on your way home, or even before you get up in the morning. This video explains all:

Now we know that talk of cold snaps isn’t likely to lift anyone’s spirits, so to be in with a chance to win, why not tell us something you actually like about the colder weather? As always, leave your comment below to enter.

The competition Ts&Cs are here, and the closing date for entries is Monday 28th January at 1pm.

Best of luck!
    That moment when your toe creeps out from under the covers in the morning and you think yikees its freezing before pulling it back under the covers for five more minutes....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Fresh snow - that's deep enough to justify skipping work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I like seeing my breadth when all wrapped up on my walks.

Climote would be handy for having the house warm when I 
    Get back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭SicklySweet

The sound you make when stepping on fresh snow! It's as addicting as crunchy Autumn leaves :D

Also gives me an excuse to wear my earmuffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭p15574

Memories of those "the pipes are burst!!!" days years ago when you'd get a day off school

• Registered Users Posts: 2 claremaggie

dusting off my camera and going outside to take photos of everything covered in ice, my hands going numb and running back inside to thaw by the fire :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Looking outside at the snow from the warmth inside

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

Makes me wear warm clothes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Hi everyone,

You might recall that our previous boards competition in December was for a chance to win a free Climote, including installation; well, there has been such massive interest in this product that we thought we'd give you boardsies another chance to win one. This fantastic prize is valued at €299, and that's with €100 off the RRP!

In case you need a quick reminder, Climote is the remote control for your home heating, helping you save €’s by ensuring you don’t heat an empty house, or come home to a cold one. At this time of year, it’s easy to waste money by having the heating on too much, so imagine if you could turn your heating on and off while you’re at work, on your way home, or even before you get up in the morning. This video explains all:

Now we know that talk of cold snaps isn’t likely to lift anyone’s spirits, so to be in with a chance to win, why not tell us something you actually like about the colder weather? As always, leave your comment below to enter.

The competition Ts&Cs are here, and the closing date for entries is Monday 28th January at 1pm.

Best of luck!
    the shreiks of hilarous laughter from my five year old as we hurl down icy slopes..or better still the laughter as i get her to stand under snow laden trees for a "photo"and shake the branches...great fun..

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭testikle

hate paying for oil,robbin bakstids

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

building snowmen

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

a nice warm home!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I love sitting in the house, heat on, tv on, cup of tea, looking out at the cold weather and the rain lashing against the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭remeneerb

Getting to curl up by the fire and not move from the couch!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭TheHamster

snowball fights with the kids, them warming up in a cosy front room with a mug of hot chocolate

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

Staying warm and saving money.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭doohey

This would be a nice house "warming" gift thanks for my new house!!  :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Being out on the street with an extension lead and Hairdryer trying to thaw out my mains water valve,theres nothing like it

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭jenniferalan

Money is tight for us so I figure that winning a climote would save us money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Receiving a pic of my daughter building snowcastles.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭southkilkenny

I love being able to see my breath in the cold air when I go outside and I also love going for a walk in this fresh dry but cold weather, very refreshing and also very nice to come back to a warm house afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bwdbwd

naked jacuzzi !

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

Hot fire and slippers.... bliss!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Quinnie

Hi everyone,

Best of luck!
    Nothing beats a walk along the river bank on a cold crisp morning , shoes crunching the frozen ground , watching the ducks and swans go about their life on the ice cold water and the fog not yet lifted fully from the river.Lifts the heart and gives the feel good factor for the day!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement