Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strike Suit Zero out on GoG this Thursday

• 21-01-2013 5:57pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭

This game just looks incredible. I've been dying for a new space sim game and this looks like it will satisfy me. Really digging the soundtrack as well by Paul Ruskay and Kokia.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

As I said in the Indie Game thread...
    Love me some space action games, omnomnomnom.

This'll definitely be a day one purchase for me. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

God damn it i love engine trails :P

Looks fantastic, and the soundtrack sounds brilliant. Might just have to pick it up. How much is it going to be? Can't seem to find it on gog yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ooh, they showed some clips of this at an IEM show last year

didn't look terribly impressive.. but I guess if you like that kinda thing it's boneriffic?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

but I guess if you like that kinda thing it's boneriffic?

Pretty much, yeah. It's like Homeworld, Freespace and Gundam had a baby :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,713 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Transforming robot spaceship suits in space.

Uhm. Yes. Sold.

• Advertisement

Eurogamer: 3/10

Jesus, I can feel the hate from the review. :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Jesus, not looking good :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yeah just read the review, sounds like a stinker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Could always import this:

I have it and it's solid without being spectacular. Helps if you like Gundam :)

€37.40 on Play Asia

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Im enjoying it so far :)

• Advertisement

is it thursday already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

is it thursday already?
    On steam already.

Flicking through the other reviews now and it seems that while it's certainly no classic, it may not be as bad as the Eurogamer reviewer described. Still gona pick it up once I've cleared Anarchy Reigns anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Meirleach

gizmo wrote: »
    Flicking through the other reviews now and it seems that while it's certainly no classic, it may not be as bad as the Eurogamer reviewer described. Still gona pick it up once I've cleared Anarchy Reigns anyway.

I was kinda surprised the way the Eurogamer reviewer savaged it, he seemed to have a real problem that it was so difficult(According to the dev team most of the annoying crashes have been fixed and some of the performance problems alleviated for the release version). Anyhow seeing as it's so cheap, and I'm really missing having something to shoot in space(only so many times you can clear freespace!) I will probably pick this up on GoG once it's out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

The EG reviewer was just crying a waterfall of butthurt ass tears because he sucks at the game. Im sure the game isnt going to make any GOTY lists but i doubt its a 3/10 shambles either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,713 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Still, I'll wait for the $5 sale. Good games can weather time

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive never seen eurogamer as having good reviews tbh, over the years ive seen many a shambled review.

Rockpapershotgun gave it a kinda meh review, Penny Arcade report seemed to quite like it. My copy is downloading as we speak.

Overheal wrote: »
    Still, I'll wait for the $5 sale. Good games can weather time

games developers might not be able to if people keep waiting until their games are $5 before buying them

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Been playing it for a while today. My thoughts so far:

• Advertisement

Just finished this. Quite liked it, not terribly deep but fun nonetheless. The difficulty curve is a bit...odd to say the least, huge spike at the third mission. I really think it could have used a slightly gentler introduction to the strike suit, but after that it was all pretty fun.

I didn't suffer from any weird crashes, and I'm playing on the slighter older gog version, I did get an odd bug where a mission I completed seems to have forgotten that and won't let me fly it with any of the other craft...and it happens to be a mission where replaying it with an alternate craft gets you some upgrades.

All in all I found it pretty enjoyable, it's not grade A but it did scratch my space shooter itch. Also it'll be nice to see what comes of it when the mod tools get released, and now I have to go reinstall Freespace 2 Open, and start downloading mods and total conversions :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

The EG reviewer was just crying a waterfall of butthurt ass tears because he sucks at the game.

Wow. "The games's not bad... reviewer just sucks at games".

You are the worst person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Fnz wrote: »
    Wow. "The games's not bad... reviewer just sucks at games".

You are the worst person.

No i think youll find the reviewer who threw his toys out of the pram cause he couldnt play it and slapped a 3/10 on it is 'the worst person'.
    A 3/10 would describe a game thats barely playable, something like Big Rigs or Bad Rats. A mediocre game like SSZ would be a 5/6 at most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,711 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

No i think youll find the reviewer who threw his toys out of the pram cause he couldnt play it and slapped a 3/10 on it is 'the worst person'.
    A 3/10 would describe a game thats barely playable, something like Big Rigs or Bad Rats. A mediocre game like SSZ would be a 5/6 at most.
    Except you'll find he DID mention that his install crashed frequently.

And giving Big Rigs ANYTHING over a 1/10 is being generous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Installed it at about midnight thinking I'd give it a go for half an hour. Then I got the Strike Suit. That's just silly amounts of fun. The Metacritic score is unduly harsh. The game I'm playing is at least an 8/10. It's stylish, fast, and very little is cooler than turning into a giant robot, targeting a dozen fighters and wiping them all out at once in a freaking blizzard of missiles. Pew pew pew!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

One thing I found great in the game, was its soundtrack... its sort of a hybrid of ghost in a shell music with homeworld music, can be a bit odd.... but it works 0.o.

The game itself, I'm enjoying alot, granted at times the controls can be a bit odd, and the difficulty can spike abit, but still its a nice fun space shooter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I promised myself February would be a frugal month, but that soundtrack is looking very tempting indeed :(

Advertisement