Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

back to work allowance

Options
  • 21-01-2013 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

My brother has started his own business on the back to work allowance, so he asked me to keep his books but what I'm wondering is when it comes to his wages - he gets his Back to Work Allowance from Social welfare and then the Company pays some more towards it (amount not confirmed to be paid by company yet) but what I'm wondering, is how do I track this in his books, and should he be paying USC & PRSI etc and where do they come from? His allowance from social welfare is put directly into his bank - if anyone could shed some light that would be great - sorry if it confusing as I've never really done this part before and want to make sure he is paying everything he should be

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

Neecy wrote: »
    Hi,

My brother has started his own business on the back to work allowance, so he asked me to keep his books but what I'm wondering is when it comes to his wages - he gets his Back to Work Allowance from Social welfare and then the Company pays some more towards it (amount not confirmed to be paid by company yet) but what I'm wondering, is how do I track this in his books, and should he be paying USC & PRSI etc and where do they come from? His allowance from social welfare is put directly into his bank - if anyone could shed some light that would be great - sorry if it confusing as I've never really done this part before and want to make sure he is paying everything he should be

I thought that had stopped "back to work" payments in favour of "back to self employed" style payments ?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Greenbaize

In my opinion if you have to ask that question here then you really shouldnt be looking after the books for your brothers company. Best advice would be to get an accountant to look after his books.

Advertisement