Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what usb is this?

Options
  • 21-01-2013 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭

its from a mpman f35 back in 2000

photo-1_zpsaeaedd28.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Looks like a mini DV usb to me.

Like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Beorn

Looks more like a 4-pin mini Like this

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

kleefarr wrote: »
    Looks like a mini DV usb to me.

Like this.

That looks like a USB A to Micro B USB lead. What the OP is looking for, looks complete different altogether and it's something I can't say I've seen before. Do you have a local Computer and Accessories sales store nearby OP? If so, go in and check if they have something suitable.

Beorn wrote: »
    Looks more like a 4-pin mini Like this

Yes. I think you're right. With my glasses on it looks more square.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

A better photo might be useful. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

photous_zpsbb81d045.jpg

A close up of the actual socket would be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

thanks for pic pog, but its not on the poster

sorry i cant get a better close up

6a00d8357eff7869e201157037180d970b-500wi

its like this with a small block in the middle, 4 (i think??) pins pointing towards the bottom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Without a close up better quality imnage it's impossible. If it's not in the pic it's proprietary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Without a close up better quality imnage it's impossible. If it's not in the pic it's proprietary

That picture only shows ports on computers, it doesn't show the ports on peripheral devices.

Before microUSB arrived in 2007, the standard interface for USB connectivity on devices such as mobile phones (e.g. Nokia E51), GPS (e.g. Garmin eTrex Legend and Nuvi 2XX) and digital cameras (e.g. Canon Powershot S50) was the miniUSB port which is not in your photo.

I believe this is the cable the OP needs.....

mini-usb-5pin-cable.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

That pic in the post above looks like a USB mini-B, and I don't think is what the OP needs. I have an MP4 player that takes a similar looking plug, its squarer than the USB mini-B, smaller than the USB-B you might find on a printer and a little less square. Has bevelled corners on one side I think. I don't know the right name for it tho, it may be proprietary.
    [edit]
    This image is from the USB wiki article,it may be the 2nd from the left, which it says is proprietary.
    400px-Usb_connectors.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Dey were Sooted

tinner777 wrote: »
    its from a mpman f35 back in 2000

photo-1_zpsaeaedd28.jpg

imo i don't think it is any of the above .... it is more sqaure and less rectangular than the ones being shown.
    i gave one recently to my girlfriends sister for her old camera .... was going to throw it out as i knew it was old and wouldn't fit any devices nowadays - i think yes they are possibly proprietary but remember them being on a few devices bout ten or more years ago ..... i think i may have seen another one lying around - won't be home till friday so pm me to remind me to have a look ... if i can find it i'll post it to u ..... it might be an idea checking in second hand stores ... sometimes they have a pile of old cables and electronic gadgets - long shot but might be worth a try .....

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

Advertisement