Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karcher Repair Centre - Pressure Washer

Options
  • 21-01-2013 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

I had a fault with my Karcher pressure washer. I contacted Karcher and they arranged collection. So Far So Good.
    The washer was picked up by a courier just before xmas. The washer was returned to me last friday. When I opened the box and took out the washer, it was, basically in bits. One of the wheels was smashed, The handle was broke, and the holder at the back was in bits aswell. I was appauled. I took photos and emailed them friday night. I got an email back today telling me to bring it back to where I purchased it.

Can someone tell me where should I go from here? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 makingSense

Take a firm line with them and insist they replace it. Quote your consumer rights. And complaining them to to consumer protection. Writing a letter always has more of an impact I find than a phone call. Although if you have emailed you should phone and look for the most senior person available. Obviously the goods were faulty and legally you are entitled to a refund, replacement or repair...end of. The shop you bought it in are actually your first port of call but seeing as you have already dealt with the company directly maybe continue with them. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭airman737

Take a firm line with them and insist they replace it. Quote your consumer rights. And complaining them to to consumer protection. Writing a letter always has more of an impact I find than a phone call. Although if you have emailed you should phone and look for the most senior person available. Obviously the goods were faulty and legally you are entitled to a refund, replacement or repair...end of. The shop you bought it in are actually your first port of call but seeing as you have already dealt with the company directly maybe continue with them. Best of luck

Thanks a million MakingSense, I'll follow your advice. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Absolutely insist on a replacement ............The item was obviously damaged in transit , and this company will be able to re-coup their loss from the courier company .

It does once again highlight the problem of signing for boxes etc , and not checking contents before-hand .

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭airman737

Absolutely insist on a replacement ............The item was obviously damaged in transit , and this company will be able to re-coup their loss from the courier company .

It does once again highlight the problem of signing for boxes etc , and not checking contents before-hand .

The thing is Allthedoyles, I can't see how it was the courier company that caused the damage. The washer itself was wrapped in bubble wrap and well boxed. The wheel was in the opposite side of the box in bits when i opened it, It looks like it happened at Karcher's premises before it was sent back to me. Thanks for your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

I doubt that the shop you purchased it will entertain you, now that Karcher (or their courier) have already damaged it.

Get onto Karcher again. If they continue to stall or disown the issue, ask them nicely for their official address, and let them know that you need it to raise a small claims court case. Give them 10 days to resolve, and if nothin happens, file a SCC case.

I had to do this against Dell recently and when I nicely asked for their official address to raise a SCC, they immediately relented.

Hope it works out for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement