Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check my numbers please

Options
  • 21-01-2013 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hello, I got in a some 100ml nic solution from toscanamall and made up a bit of juice. It just seems high in nicotine, recipe as follows:
    10 ml quantity

15 strength desired

1.5ml 100ml base nicotine pg
    2.75ml pg
    4.25ml vg
    1.5ml flavor total

Numbers seem right to me but one never knows maybe its the extra coffee today. Anyone here do a concentration test on the suppliers base solution? I don't have the testing bits to hand and it's the first time I ordered off them. Pretty sure I did all the measurements correctly as well, (graduated pipette).

Thanks in advance and great forum, it gave me loads of info when I started vaping and I haven't looked back since.

JD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Looks right for 50/50 mix with 15% flavour. Maybe try measuring with syringes...should be more accurate if more of a hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jd1959

Thanks, that's what I was aiming for, the math works easier than using the 72mg base, but better safe than sorry. I'll try another batch tomorrow and see what comes of it. I may try and find all the bits for determining nicotine concentration and check the base just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

http://ejuice.breaktru.com/

Probably the best mixing calculator

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Might be worth getting a test kit if you are worried about the concentration. It has been noted on EFC before that a batch of 100mg Solution actually had almost or over 200mg.

Also some with some flavours you just don't need as much and might be a bit harsh making it feel like its too strong.

My DK-Tab, Rootbeer Soda and French Coffee only needs about .3ml before they are oozing with flavour any more and it'd rip your throat out... On the other hand my Rasperry and Cream need about 2ml before its even starting to taste decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jd1959

Bubba9, thanks for the calculator it will make life much easier.

was.deevey I think you nailed the problem I thought I was using .4 almond, .6 chocolate, .3 gram-cracker plus .2 of em for flavor (yes I love the sweet flavors), but it seems I used amaretto flavor instead. All the booze flavors I've tried from my limited experience tend to be incredibly strong. Made the correct batch and it seems to be fine. I remember reading the same so I think I'll do a test anyway because I'm trying to cut down the nicotine content - not double it if the suppliers have made an error in the base concentration.

Thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement