Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Tab 2 Gallery

• 21-01-2013 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Samsung Tab 2 Gallery
    Got a 10" Tab2 for Christmas, but I'm at a loss to as to how to delete an image from the Gallery. There is nothing in the manual and I can't find an icon that allows me to do this whe the gallery is open. Any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Samsung Tab 2 Gallery
    Got a 10" Tab2 for Christmas, but I'm at a loss to as to how to delete an image from the Gallery. There is nothing in the manual and I can't find an icon that allows me to do this whe the gallery is open. Any help would be much appreciated

Tap on the picture to select it, then the icons at the top of the screen should change and one of them should be a delete icon (bin).

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Gleisweiler

I apologise for the lack of information as I should have made the following clear in the original post. Unfortunately the images in this particular part of the gallery are labelled INSTANT UPLOAD. I since read that they go to Google+ and are held there and not sent to the 'web', but I found them on Gmail. I've already changed the settings to prevent images going to IU in future but the slideshow and bin options are not available to delete the contents. My disabled son just presses buttons galore without understanding exactly what he is doing, hence the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Gleisweiler

After much surfing, searching, swearing and frustration, I finally found the answer. It is necessary to have google+ installed and then just follow the instruction below. Its simple but difficult if you've never done it before, hence the reason for this post. Thanks to Journeyman for the reply.

Open the Google+ app
    - Tap the icon in the top left and select My photos from the list that opens
    - Tap the Instant Upload album
    - Tap Menu and select Select photos
    If your device has a physical Menu button, press Menu and select Select photos
    - Touch the photos you want to delete
    - Tap Menu SNP_2621470_en_v1 (three squares in top right hand corner of screen) and choose Delete photos from the list

Why did it take me so long to find it ? Heaven only knows, but its the first tablet I've had.

BTW To prevent having to go through this again, go to settings on your Android and ensure that INSTANT UPLOAD is not active. All photos will then go to your Gallery where you can easily access and delete tham

Advertisement