Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bollards at Patrick St.

Options
  • 21-01-2013 7:19pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not sure when the council decided to fit the bollards at Patrick St. but fair play to them for doing so. Parents/Guardians just parked all the way along the street when collecting their kids and didn't give two hoots about traffic.

Fair play.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

Sully wrote: »
    Not sure when the council decided to fit the bollards at Patrick St. but fair play to them for doing so. Parents/Guardians just parked all the way along the street when collecting their kids and didn't give two hoots about traffic.

Fair play.

They fitted the bollards last Tuesday. Delighted to see them up. Stops people causing havoc obstructing traffic. But I did see a delivery van just abandoned his van on the road to drop off a package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

madfcuker wrote: »
    They fitted the bollards last Tuesday. Delighted to see them up. Stops people causing havoc obstructing traffic. But I did see a delivery van just abandoned his van on the road to drop off a package.

Only one loading bay on Patricks Street, but it normally has cars parked in it so it cant be easy for delivery people trying to do their job on this street.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I agree this is a great idea and stops the street being totally crammed with inconsiderate parents who park on double lines for ages around the start and end of school. I cant for the life of me understand why parents feel they have to drop their kids off right at the gate, why cant they just let them off up in Ballybricken, or in the case of the Mercy school, mid-traffic and leave them walk the rest, its not that far. All of these parents who feel they need to see their kids off practically at their desk are just being inconsiderate idiots with no common sense, no wonder so many kids are fat, they are driven everywhere :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,244 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

And people say we get nothing from this government?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

They still just stop in the middle of the road to let their kids out, the precious little darlings are just not able to walk a few yards down the hill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

This is probably why most of them park there..

free_candy_van.jpg

But I'm happy they put them there as well those inconsiderate bastards :p

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

I'm delighted they are up, it used to bug the hell out of me when the whole place was full of cars parked on double yellow lines and only a few feet from a Garda barracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

The Park side of Water St. should be next. It's a complete nightmare to pass once St. Declans lets out, especially with some silly mammy or daddy parks right on the corner. Sure stick the aul hazard lights on, that excuses your haphazard parking :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

wendydoll wrote: »
    The Park side of Water St. should be next. It's a complete nightmare to pass once St. Declans lets out, especially with some silly mammy or daddy parks right on the corner. Sure stick the aul hazard lights on, that excuses your haphazard parking :rolleyes:

Hazard lights? I think you mean the
    Park+Anywhere+Button_143956_3151843.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

madfcuker wrote: »

I take it you have never been a delivery guy before. If you were you would realise how tough a job it is and how every minute counts. Parking hundreds of yards away and walking up and down the road just isn't feasible.

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »

Fair play.

It is a great idea but I have heard from a few local businesses that people are now just stopping mid road to leave their kids jump out

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

i am glad to see, so many time I have seen kids and parent getting out the wrong side into on-coming traffic...

All it take is for the teachers to come out to the kerb side and monitor the kids walking down to make sure they are safe and not wandering...

They should put bollards outside Johnny Walkers chipper in the evening. They would drive in the door if they could

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

I come down that way every morning, close enough to school time & it was a nightmare

my first 2 words when I saw them were "thank fcuk"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Saw someone parked up next to the bollards today right outside the school entrance :p

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

they are an ugly addition to patrick street cars will just park outside them now the sensible option would have to been making that section a one way street down from the barracks to spokes towards town and one way up batchelors walk onto mayors walk.

Hoffmans wrote: »
    they are an ugly addition to patrick street cars will just park outside them now the sensible option would have to been making that section a one way street down from the barracks to spokes towards town and one way up batchelors walk onto mayors walk.

Just so lazy arsed parents don't have to park in ballybricken and walk their kids a few hundred meter u want to inconvenience hundreds of people who pass up and down that road daily. It's a nightmare to get out at the top of batchelors walk at the best of times. How worse would it be if every car, bus, van and truck had to use it. Simple thing is to put the traffic warden in that general vicinity at certain hours of the day to deter the lazy cnuts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

it's ironic the illegal parking that went on there and the kop shop a few meter's away, never mind the safety issue and laziness of parents. :rolleyes:

Advertisement