Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Think I may have ate undercooked chicken!

Options
  • 21-01-2013 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

I just put two breaded chicken fillets that I got in tesco in the oven for tea tonight. Took them out of the oven and I ate away at it. As I got closer to the middle (the thicker part of the chicken fillet) it was really raw looking! I didn't eat the rest of it. My dad noticed it too, he stopped eating his too, though I think he may have ate a bit more of the chicken than me.

I feel so so worried that we are going to get sick! The part of the chicken fillet I ate was ok to me, it was only when I cut into the middle part that I noticed! Is there anything I can do? I am so terrified of being sick!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Drink hot water so it cooks in your stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

If you're sick, it'll be gastro. You'll puke tonight, maybe diarrhoea. Should be grand in 24 hours. Stay hydrated and warm, and try eating toast when you can stomach it.
    That's worst case scenario, by the way, so stop panicking. Most likely absolutely nothing untoward will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭HarrisonLennon

Don't eat toast!

Let your stomach digest everything in there. Let it clear, drink water and go to bed. Nothing to worry about here. Move along...

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Thank you for replying. I really do worry too much. I just feel so guilty because my dad was eating the chicken too. If it was just me I wouldn't care :(

None of the chicken I ate seemed raw, and my dad thinks he might have had one bite of the raw looking part.

I'm not going to eat anything for the rest of the night, and will drink plenty of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

It's still pretty unlikely you'll get sick, I'd suggest not thinking about it any more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭HarrisonLennon

I'm not going to eat anything for the rest of the night, and will drink plenty of water.

That's all ya gotta do, don't panic, or even considering it again. Stick on a DVD and Veg. I recommend "teenage mutant ninja turtles" the first movie ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Should be okay, but if you start to die, make an appointment with your GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

That's all ya gotta do, don't panic, or even considering it again. Stick on a DVD and Veg. I recommend "teenage mutant ninja turtles" the first movie ;)

Thanks I will try not to think about it anymore ;) by the way aren't you a McCartney fan too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

There's not much you can do. If you start to feel unwell, see your GP immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

OP - Do not seek medical or food-safety advice in this forum.
    Others - Do not give such advice.
    Those who have received warnings - Unhelpful & trollish comments are unwelcome here.

Closed.

tHB

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement