Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 sky cards missing in post APPARENTLY

Options
  • 21-01-2013 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi there, I am at the end of my tether. Ordered sky six weeks ago...in time for Xmas I thought. Installed on the date they said...which was fine. Installer assured us we wud have the card in time for Christmas. I have rang and rang and rang when no card arrived. Each time I get the excuse that is must be delayed and or lost in the post. Funny thing is I received a letter from them three days after my I initial call, welcoming me to sky. So wrong address cannot be the problem. Apparently it has gone missing three times and today's phone call was just offered "special delivery" which I thought was courier or something but its only registered post where you just sign when you receive it.

I don't think any of the cards were sent. Surely the post cannot be that bad. Has anyone had this problem? Is there any competitor in the market that I could use instead. I told today's customer service rep that if they didn't courier it to me tomorrow they could forget about it. He has to get back to me to see if courier is an option. Just can't believe this crap service. What can I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

It would be in their interest to get you the viewing card... Do they have the correct address for you? Like if they say they sent them they probably did.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,058 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Competitors: UPC if you can get it, or not bothering with pay TV at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 makingSense

Yes the address is correct. Have had to verify it eight times. As I said they sent me a letter welcoming me to sky within three dAys. It's just doesn't add up. Three cards not delivered!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Are Sky cards approx the same size as credit cards? Wouldn't be overly surprised to hear about them getting "lost" while in transit.

Accept the offer of a registered letter - at least that way, there might be some traceability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Never had any issue with Sky to for getting viewing cards. Although, they are posted from the UK and I received a Christmas card from the UK today that was postmarked Dec 11th so they might just be very delayed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Could they be stolen from the post ? The envelopes are marked as Sky and with the outline of the card it would be easy enough to see what they are ?

Is there a black market for these ?

The registered post idea sounds like the way to go ?

Good point about them being stolen. You would think the installer would just bring them then. The thing is that they are useless to anyone as you have to phone and register them to your account so they can be activated. Need to know password etc. will have to wait another week as they won't courier it. Sky need to find a better way of operating!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

It is not very surprising that so many credit/bank cards and other similar caards go missing in the post. There has always been problems with pist being stolen or just left in the living room or local river etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Were the cards going to Galway?

@irish groves...no tipp. Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

We also ordered wi fi connectors from Sky in October. They told us they posted them at least 4 times but we never got them. They tried to blame the fact on Ireland not having post codes!
    Ended up getting our money back & have to go without the on demand service.

Our letters always arrive from Sky so whatever courier they use is obviously brutal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Has there been any resolution to this issue? Ive been having the same problem, four cards have been sent in the past 3 months, wasn't too bothered until now with the soccer season beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,373 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Had the same problem about 10 years ago when we joined sky.
    Took 3 goes to get the card.
    Probably being stolen and sold off as something useful - which they are not.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Has there been any resolution to this issue? Ive been having the same problem, four cards have been sent in the past 3 months, wasn't too bothered until now with the soccer season beginning.

From 18 months ago? I'd say the resolution went the same way as the cards....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

Our WiFi connectors never arrived either, despite sky telling us they were "definitely delivered" more than 5 times. We've now cancelled sky as we don't watch it any more, download everything decent now

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

WiFi connectors are now being sent via a courier.

Advertisement