Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clean up computer

Options
  • 21-01-2013 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

As I have private information on my computer, including bank details and correspondence, how do I clean up my computer prior to getting it serviced?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

details in internet explorer?

or do you have them in a document?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Copy the files to an external hard drive or memory stick, then delete them and defrag your hard drive. Then install a cleanup utility like CCleaner and run it, it will clean out the browser cache and cookies and lots of other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Beorn

coylemj wrote: »
    Copy the files to an external hard drive or memory stick, then delete them and defrag your hard drive. Then install a cleanup utility like CCleaner and run it, it will clean out the browser cache and cookies and lots of other stuff.

That's most of the servicing done!:D

Advertisement